Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

….should I try talking about the football aspect of Watson or no….?

Feel like this is getting locked up soon lol

The truth is absolutely no one sitewide cares about the football aspect of Watson. I might have to lock the thread to save everyone from themselves. Folks can't help but talk themselves into him being innocent in order to cheer for the team, which they don't necessarily have to do but instead invites the other 99.9% to respond. 

But here...here's football: he was very good two years ago, lacked leadership then and now, created a lot of his own pressure but thrives in key moments, confident on the field no matter the situation, is low-key a primadonna on the same level as LeBron but not half as special. That's the football aspect. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

You can try. It will be a few months before hit hits the field (at the earliest) so I don't know what conversation can be had. Is he expected to play in any more preseason games?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

By who? Lol

Unless webby comes in and spoils our fun (or ends our misery).

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

You can make a move anytime you want. You just can't physically enforce something after a woman says no. Or a man says no if that's where your game is. There is a big difference between taking a shot and what Watson is accused of. Also, assuming 5 are telling the truth and 20 are just grabbing money seems odd. Yeah, he did it but not as many as it appears because I don't want to believe that.

I find it odd people would believe with much certainty anything other than the extent which Watson is screwed in the head is unknown, but there's definitely something wrong with him and he deserves to be punished and get therapy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

It's all I really want to do.  Like I said, I can't see us going better than 4-2 those last 6 games.  And I can't see Jacoby leading us better than 6-5, and probably I think like 4-7 is more realistic.  We will be lucky to make playoffs in the AFC. 

57 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

The truth is absolutely no one sitewide cares about the football aspect of Watson.

^^^^

I might have to lock the thread to save everyone from themselves. Folks can't help but talk themselves into him being innocent in order to cheer for the team, which they don't necessarily have to do but instead invites the other 99.9% to respond. 

this is the really wild part to me. 

But here...here's football: he was very good two years ago, lacked leadership then and now, created a lot of his own pressure but thrives in key moments, confident on the field no matter the situation, is low-key a primadonna on the same level as LeBron but not half as special. That's the football aspect. 

🎯 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

It's all I really want to do.  Like I said, I can't see us going better than 4-2 those last 6 games.  And I can't see Jacoby leading us better than 6-5, and probably I think like 4-7 is more realistic.  We will be lucky to make playoffs in the AFC. 

In 2022 sure.

This definitely wasn’t a trade just for 2022 though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

And I can't see Jacoby leading us better than 6-5, and probably I think like 4-7 is more realistic.  We will be lucky to make playoffs in the AFC. 

Depends on coaching I think. We have weaknesses (OL/DT/LB) but as long as we play to our strengths and are healthy I think we can win any game. That doesn't mean we would, but we could put ourselves in a position where it's possible.

Run. A lot. Pass out of run formations. Our #3 #4 and #5 receivers don't create the mismatches they thought it would last year (and 2019) and you show your hand with an empty backfield with suspect pass blocking tackles.

Coaching needs to understand who we are and that will be the difference in being good and maybe a playoff team and failing. I hope Stefanski evolves (or just goes back to 2020) or else it won't be pretty.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

In 2022 sure.

This definitely wasn’t a trade just for 2022 though.

Definitely true but hard to want to temper expectations this year, still going to pray Jacoby balls out.  Kind of think our WRs stink too much to make that possible.  It's hard to win ugly with the QBs in our conference. 

• Like 1

We are a 6 to 9 win team with JB at the helm. He’s an okay backup for a 4 or so game stretch (as most backups are). He’s not a starter, and this is a loaded conference and loaded QB conference at that in a quarterback driven league.

16 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

This is an interesting take, so my question is this (And I know the overwhelming majority will say no but) there a chance he matures behind closed doors and becomes the leader he should be?

That is a really good, true take btw

16 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

The truth is absolutely no one sitewide cares about the football aspect of Watson. I might have to lock the thread to save everyone from themselves. Folks can't help but talk themselves into him being innocent in order to cheer for the team, which they don't necessarily have to do but instead invites the other 99.9% to respond. 

He’s a lot like Big Ben was in some ways. Big moment and play ability, great at extending plays, elusive and strong in the pocket, and will hold onto the ball too long and take some bad sacks with regularity. Ben had a much stronger arm but Watson is more accurate. Both are super mentally soft and prima Dona drama types, and the other off field similarities are there too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

This is an interesting take, so my question is this (And I know the overwhelming majority will say no but) there a chance he matures behind closed doors and becomes the leader he should be?

That is a really good, true take btw

Of course there’s a chance.

I’m not of the opinion people don’t change, many do.  Many people mature and develop into better people than they were in their early 20’s. 

All that said, the first thing that has to happen is being accountable for your actions and then showing both remorse for your mistakes and a desire to do better moving forward. I’m not convinced he’s done any of that thus far.

• Like 3