Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

3 hours ago, dawgdish said:

Usually the simplest explanation is the accurate one when it comes to conspiracy theories. Watson is a scumbag and there will be more allegations coming out: simple.

Liking this thread 

Still waiting for the new York times and Washington post.Lets Go Dancing GIF by NBC

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

For the fans wondering why this franchise made a literal deal with the Devil, I want you to watch highlights of Jacoby from this weeks game.

I get it, but… Bailey Zappe is a rookie mid round pick from directional southern state university and he put 300 yards and multiple scores on the board.

At some point dudes just need to start producing.

Zappe wasn’t a bad prospect coming out. 

He was a better prospect than Gardnew Minshew coming out. Dude killed it at WKU. 

Not he shouldn’t light us up like that, but he’s not a scrub. Accurate with a quick release and doesn’t make mistakes even though he throws a lot. 

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

He was a better prospect than Gardnew Minshew coming out. Dude killed it at WKU. 

Not he shouldn’t light us up like that, but he’s not a scrub. Accurate with a quick release and doesn’t make mistakes even though he throws a lot. 

He’s a mid round rookie who has started a couple games dude.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Yep, our d is terrible. It’s less than the sum of its parts which means you have to look at coaching

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Yep, our d is terrible. It’s less than the sum of its parts which means you have to look at coaching

Agree coaching is a big problem, but some of the parts we have (especially in the secondary) need scrutiny, and our philosophy of not giving a flying fig about the DT and LB positions also deserves a good think and eyeball test instead of blindly trusting the algorithm that so devalues them

5 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

Agree coaching is a big problem, but some of the parts we have (especially in the secondary) need scrutiny, and our philosophy of not giving a flying fig about the DT and LB positions also deserves a good think and eyeball test instead of blindly trusting the algorithm that so devalues them

We have multiple 3rd rounders and a second rounder at LB as well as a FA with starting experience at LB.

We have a 3rd, two 4ths and a former 1st rounder at DT.

I don’t know if this is a uniquely Cleveland fan thing or what, but not every player is going to be a first or second round talent.  Other teams regularly start, and get production from, late round picks or even UDFA.  Mack ******* Wilson started for the Patriots yesterday.

Like I said yesterday, either Berry has missed on literally every defensive draft pick (which statistically is almost impossible) or the coaching staff on the defensive side of the ball just sucks.

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Like I said yesterday, either Berry has missed on literally every defensive draft pick (which statistically is almost impossible) or the coaching staff on the defensive side of the ball just sucks

Doesn't have to be only that dichotomy. Berry could have missed on 50-75% of the defensive picks and the coaches could 100% suck. I was thinking about the Fire Joe Woods Now mantra, which I'm all for, but then was having panic attacks about who we'd replace him with in the interim. Surely not our secondary coach given the wretched state of our pass D, or our DL coach given how we're turnstiles in the run game. 

Doesn't have to be only that dichotomy. Berry could have missed on 50-75% of the defensive picks

I mean, he’s almost assuredly whiffed on half his picks.  That’s what every GM does.

and the coaches could 100% suck.

Is it all the coaches though?  Is there no one in the coaches room who’s offered up different game plans or ideas and been shot down?  Christ I hope so…

I was thinking about the Fire Joe Woods Now mantra, which I'm all for, but then was having panic attacks about who we'd replace him with in the interim. Surely not our secondary coach given the wretched state of our pass D, or our DL coach given how we're turnstiles in the run game. 

Yeah, there’s definitely no clear cut guy you’d look to.  At least based on production or experience.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Yeah, there's likely no one who would be a good interim DC, but who cares? I can't imagine anyone would be much worse than Woods. And at least if he's fired, the team is at least stating that these results aren't acceptable.

the-dark-knight-its-about-sending-a-mess

I have no interest in being overly reactive or whatever, but we’re a third of the way through the season and are looking more and more clueless defensively by the week.

I get coaches will have games where they get out-coached, but Christ it can’t be every week for a month and a half.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I have no interest in being overly reactive or whatever, but we’re a third of the way through the season and are looking more and more clueless defensively by the week.

I get coaches will have games where they get out-coached, but Christ it can’t be every week for a month and a half.

What's going to change? More points given up? More blown assignments? More mismanaged personnel? I find it hard to believe that we're that far from the bottom of how bad it can get at this point.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Yeah, there's likely no one who would be a good interim DC, but who cares? I can't imagine anyone would be much worse than Woods. And at least if he's fired, the team is at least stating that these results aren't acceptable.

the-dark-knight-its-about-sending-a-mess

Hi dawgx how you doing 

Love the analysis to me what excellent defensive coordinator would come here with 1

NFL level starting player in the front7

• 3 weeks later...