Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

8 minutes ago, MalcolmBrown said:

I legit had a female friend of mine message me on Marco Polo to say this:

"GO BROWNS!!! Those girls know what they were doing!"

So, as I have been firmly on the fence, I'm going to stay firmly on the fence.  A lot of you aren't even considering all the possibilities, and have just gone into your camps and planted the flag.

Ohhhh dont even go there lol. From personal experience you will get shredded. Rightfully or wrongly

The concept of 'the truth always lies somewhere in the middle' is not well received.

Im just glad this is over and we can watch football.

Edited by AkronsWitness

19 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Ohhhh dont even go there lol. From personal experience you will get shredded. Rightfully or wrongly

The concept of 'the truth always lies somewhere in the middle' is not well received.

Im just glad this is over and we can watch football.

I actually don't give a **** about getting shredded. What purpose does that serve?  That's energy they'll burn that won't bother me at all. Have your opinions, that is your right, to have your feelings.  

The only people who know what went down are not browsing this forum.  I'm not here to be convinced of anybody's soap box shouting through 128 pages of this thread.

I sat with a Steelers fan, a Bengals fan, and a Redskins fan last night, playing euchre.  We all called out/acknowledged each others teams unsavory actions, and called it a push.

Edited by MalcolmBrown
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Personally I don’t think the noise is ever going to calm down around him and I think it’s going to be going on as long as he is playing in the NFL. Congratulations Browns, you officially made it unenjoyable for many fans even when you are going to be winning games. I have officially hit a low as a Browns fan. 

Don't limit yourself, my friend

VelvetyRigidAbalone-size_restricted.gif

• Like 3

I don't care about getting shredded or not for being a Browns fan. That's happened my whole life. What I care about is having to reconcile my fandom with myself when I watch sports to escape everyday life, not have awful things thrown in my face off the field.

I get it, some of you don't care, some of you are no longer fans because of it, and I'm just disappointed because I'm not as passionate about it as I once was. Maybe it's because my daughters saw a brief picture of Watson wearing Browns stuff and said "Daddy look! The Browns! I'm so excited to watch football with you again soon! Don't we like him?!?!?!?!?!"

...and like...these are tough conversations to navigate with 4, 5, and 7 year olds. So, my solution was to show them a picture of Nick Chubb and how much we love him and we root for him and the Browns.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

You can talk about how icky it is..blah blah blah. 

You do know this comes off as you thinking what he did isn't icky, right?

I'm not saying you feel that way but when you dismiss it with the blah blah blah that is saying that it isn't significant enough to care about and that you don't have a problem with what he did to women. Just in case you were just trying to dismiss me and put the blah blah blah in the wrong place, this way you can confirm you were talking about me blah and not thinking what Watson did is being overblown. 

He should be in prison or a hospital where women are protected from him until (if) he is rehabilitated. It's not happening, 25 victims isn't proof enough somehow but that's what would be best for everyone.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

I'm not saying you feel that way but when you dismiss it with the blah blah blah that is saying that it isn't significant enough to care about and that you don't have a problem with what he did to women. Just in case you were just trying to dismiss me and put the blah blah blah in the wrong place, this way you can confirm you were talking about me blah and not thinking what Watson did is being overblown. 

He should be in prison or a hospital where women are protected from him until (if) he is rehabilitated. It's not happening, 25 victims isn't proof enough somehow but that's what would be best for everyone.  

I was referring to how icky it makes you feel as a fan.  I guess I'm being dismissive about how you, and others feel, and maybe I need to be more compassionate since this is really affecting your fandom.  At this point I'm just over it, and am ready to watch some football, and hopefully it's good football.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

There are people out there who do not believe these women, among them are other women.  You don't have to reconcile that with your own opinion, but that is fact.

3 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I have no doubt, you'll probably do it after every Watson TD pass but what does winning a SB have to do with how you feel about your QB being a sexual predator? You aren't allowed to enjoy it unless you support Watson and think the NFL, court system and law enforcement should leave him alone to let him enjoy his life?

Actually I do agree with you man in some ways. I think any Browns fan should enjoy watching this team. Watson isn’t the only player on it. I would never ever want someone to not enjoy watching Nick Chubb. That’s just cruel. 

My point is I want to watch Nick Chubb in the SuperBowl, and Watson will put us in a much better position to make that happen. Hopefully along the way Watson can get the help he needs and nothing like this ever happens again.

If I bring it up it’s not to down anybody it’ll moreso to support that our FO was the right team to make this work. If you don’t think Watson is worthy of a second chance thats your opinion, but he was always going to play again and I think our FO is the right team to make this work. 

If anything I want to make this clear don’t let Watson determine whether you support this team or not. I’m not that guy let me make that clear. I’m not saying you don’t support Watson please leave. No that’s not me at all. It’s really about the other players and putting them in a position to win a SuperBowl and hopefully along the way rehab a very talented player who needs professional help and an organization to support him as he goes through the rehabilitation process. 

40 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I don't get how you guys do it. Arguing over this stuff might be the least fun I've ever had as a Browns fan. 

And that's saying something coming from the guy with an avatar of Art Modell holding a Lombardi Trophy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I don't care about getting shredded or not for being a Browns fan. That's happened my whole life. What I care about is having to reconcile my fandom with myself when I watch sports to escape everyday life, not have awful things thrown in my face off the field.

I get it, some of you don't care, some of you are no longer fans because of it, and I'm just disappointed because I'm not as passionate about it as I once was. Maybe it's because my daughters saw a brief picture of Watson wearing Browns stuff and said "Daddy look! The Browns! I'm so excited to watch football with you again soon! Don't we like him?!?!?!?!?!"

...and like...these are tough conversations to navigate with 4, 5, and 7 year olds. So, my solution was to show them a picture of Nick Chubb and how much we love him and we root for him and the Browns.

I can 100% respect that because no one has to live in your shoes but you, I personally care about what happen but I don't. If I pick and choose what to be outraged about, I would be overwhelmed with everything , I also have a daughter who is 4 and I parent my child to understand things as a whole. Football is no longer a sport where you find heros (though there still are feel good situations), Thankfully she isn't as into football as I am so this isn't a subject I have to worry about, my efforts as a man is to SHOW her what an upstanding citizen looks like, and not find the examples in public figures and athletes as a reference, as we should do.

There are too many times where as parents, we can intervene and differentiate between entertainment and reality and we choose to look the other way, I personally will never seek an athlete or entertainer to influence my kid on anything without my prior approval. But then again, thats just me being on my soap box.

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I don't get how you guys do it. Arguing over this stuff might be the least fun I've ever had as a Browns fan. 

There was a time where being a Browns fan was good enough to co-exist, apparently its not any longer. That's fine, Im from Cleveland and will never rep anywhere where I'm not from. If it means being at a bar by myself watching the games, so be it....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I can 100% respect that because no one has to live in your shoes but you, I personally care about what happen but I don't. If I pick and choose what to be outraged about, I would be overwhelmed, I also have a daughter who is 4 and I parent my child to understand things as a whole. Football is no longer a sport where you find heros (though there still are feel good situations), Thankfully she isn't as into football as I am so this isn't a subject I have to worry about, my efforts as a man is to SHOW her what an upstanding citizen looks like, and not find the examples in public figures and athletes as a reference, as we should do.

There are too many times where as parents, we can intervene and differentiate between entertainment and reality and we choose to look the other way, I personally will never seek an athlete or entertainer to influence my kid on anything without my prior approval. But then again, thats just me being on my soap box.

No I 100% respect that for sure. If athletes and celebrities are role model's for my kid(s), I'm a giant failure. I actually used to love that old Sir Charles commercial because I thought he was 100% right on that one. It's just a difficult situation to like the player and/or team and dislike the person.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

No I 100% respect that for sure. If athletes and celebrities are role model's for my kid(s), I'm a giant failure. I actually used to love that old Sir Charles commercial because I thought he was 100% right on that one. It's just a difficult situation to like the player and/or team and dislike the person.

My question is how do you (people) differentiate Deshaun Watson from every person who has done similar bad type of things in this league whether its Ray Rice, Ray Lewis, Greg Hardy, Chad Wheeler, Tyreek Hill, Ben Roethlisberger, Ezekiel Elliot, Kellen Winslow Jr, Darren Sharper or any of these guys? 

These are all bad dudes who have been enabled, not to mention the countless number of guys you root for who have things that havent come out or have been tightly concealed. Just throwing that out there 

How can it be that Tyreek Hill beat up a pregnant woman but he is celebrated, why do people pick and choose what to be outraged about?

Edited by MSURacerDT55

8 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

My question is how do you (people) differentiate Deshaun Watson from every person who has done similar bad type of things in this league whether its Ray Rice, Ray Lewis, Greg Hardy, Chad Wheeler, Tyreek Hill, Ben Roethlisberger, Ezekiel Elliot, Kellen Winslow Jr, Darren Sharper or any of these guys? 

These are all bad dudes who have been enabled, not to mention the countless number of guys you root for who have things that havent come out or have been tightly concealed. Just throwing that out there 

How can it be that Tyreek Hill beat up a pregnant woman but he is celebrated, why do people pick and choose what to be outraged about?

That's what I take issue with....because I see plenty of hypocrisy.  People choose (or feel) a certain way, and that's fine.  If you are outraged by one thing, and not another....so be it I guess

• Like 1