Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

On 8/23/2022 at 11:24 AM, NudeTayne said:

Not to go full DSM, but the best explanation would be that it would be based on what flavor of personality disorder(s) he exhibits. My own read is that I see him being at the very least something like a vulnerable/covert narcissist. He wants to be liked and does his best to control his image. He seemed embarrassed in those press conferences but likely IMO only because he got caught. He would have continued (and still may though probably not) that behavior ad infinitum if he hadn't been caught. 

I do believe that the booing will affect him because he is not a full-on sociopath even if he may some level of these traits. This is just my take on observing him. I've always found his personality weird. 

That said, he's a smart guy, or at least smart enough to put on a mask. He is able to come off charismatic when he chooses to send should have no problem getting teammates to like him. He's performing, though, and when the opportunity has shown itself for him to exhibit extreme selfishness he has. 

I don't think he is, say, a grandiose narcissist anFinally Friday GIF by Winnie Sund thus does care about how he is perceived. He lies and is generally sneaky/shameful in his energy, not unapologetic about it. That's why I believe the public shaming may ruin him.

We'll see how it all plays out in the coming years. 

Charge.

• Like 1

Right now based on what’s happening with Snyder, the concussion protocol, and the roughing the passer situation I don’t think this will get too much attention.  

He’s at the point of settling now so I don’t think this is a huge story. 

5% of me thinks Belichick set this up. Just such a coincidence this comes up during Patriots week. 

12 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Right now based on what’s happening with Snyder, the concussion protocol, and the roughing the passer situation I don’t think this will get too much attention.  

Which is an indictment on many levels to be honest

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, brownie man said:

5% of me thinks Belichick set this up. Just such a coincidence this comes up during Patriots week.

Might be a half valid wild conspiracy theory if he was playing, he isn't. Wouldn't make sense that the Patriots care if it's 26 civil cases or 3500. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

Might be a half valid wild conspiracy theory if he was playing, he isn't. Wouldn't make sense that the Patriots care if it's 26 civil cases or 3500. 

It still draws attention and can drop the focus of the overall team. He is in the building now. Just because he’s not out there on game day doesn’t mean it won’t effect how the team reacts during the week. 

Another thing the team and players have the think about or answer questions about. Stefanski got asked about it today. 

So yeah a conspiracy theory, but this can definitely have some impact on their focus. 

35 minutes ago, MWil23 said:
47 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Which is an indictment on many levels to be honest

After the Tom Brady roughing the passer which seemed like an intentional call to make sure one team won the game I was waiting for them to make a similar call to hide the previous one and make it look like confused officials instead of a blatant intentional bad call and sure enough, it happened. 

It's unfortunate because much like watching a movie that seems obvious of what is going to happen because it's scripted, the call in the Raiders/Chiefs game also seemed scripted to protect 'integrity' and write it off as the more acceptable 'ineptitude'. 

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

It still draws attention and can drop the focus of the overall team. He is in the building now. Just because he’s not out there on game day doesn’t mean it won’t effect how the team reacts during the week. 

Another thing the team and players have the think about or answer questions about. Stefanski got asked about it today. 

So yeah a conspiracy theory, but this can definitely have some impact on their focus. 

I mean, seriously, if 25 sexual misconduct cases don't screw with your focus, I see no reason why 26 would. 

Also, you have to find one of the many victims, convince her to come out and show the payment he made in 2020. It isn't like there isn't a paper trail and just anyone can claim this happened. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

He’s lucky he’s already a serial creep. This can fly under the radar. If this was Mahomes this is huge news. It would be a rape accuser accusing a star QB for the first time. But thankfully this is like #27 so no big deal here. 

Very good point. As long as it happened before 2022 Watson is free from punishment. Meanwhile if something from 2019 comes out against Mahomes or whoever, lets say Geno smith since I already wished he'd fall down the steps, it seems like it would be a big deal.

Watson somehow has so many sexual assault/misconduct claims against him that most people have been desensitized. He'll be starting in a few weeks with tens of thousands of people rooting him on. It's a weird world we live in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Very good point. As long as it happened before 2022 Watson is free from punishment. Meanwhile if something from 2019 comes out against Mahomes or whoever, lets say Geno smith since I already wished he'd fall down the steps, it seems like it would be a big deal.

Watson somehow has so many sexual assault/misconduct claims against him that most people have been desensitized. He'll be starting in a few weeks with tens of thousands of people rooting him on. It's a weird world we live in.

I really think you’re dismissing this whole BB orchestrated conspiracy thing way too quickly.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, brownie man said:

Usually the simplest explanation is the accurate one when it comes to conspiracy theories. Watson is a scumbag and there will be more allegations coming out: simple.

• Like 1