Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

So Ive been listening to some pods and heard a couple crazy points.

As much as people make this out to be such a catastrophic isolated situation...its not uncommon at all really (which is terrible)

Ray Lewis, Kobe Bryant, Ben Roethlisberger, Deshaun Watson, Mike Vick, Adrian Peterson, Tyreke Hill, Ray Rice and many others I am probably forgetting.

This guy made a point (which again is terrible) that many of these things get swept under the rug after a year or two and eventually if your great enough of a player--completely forgotten. Which is probably why the Browns were willing to take the short term PR hit knowing it would blow over by 2024.

10 minutes ago, brownie man said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10030591-nfl-rumors-odell-beckham-jr-open-to-browns-reunion-after-deshaun-watson-trade

👀

I doubt it happens but that’d be crazy. “Odells Back!” 😂 I can see the headlines now 🤣 

Man he published that article from the future???

Also, no. Hell no. Go away Odell. You were the starter in all of this stupid **** not to mention you are a average WR.

69o2fj.jpg

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, brownie man said:

To be honest. 

I would love to see Odell if I knew it was only going to be for one year, and he’s cool in whatever role he plays. If I can get that Odell, but man an additional ACL. Idk how much more he’s got. 

IDK after his departure, I went from being 'meh' with him to absolutly hating him for being the fire starter in all this. He also told FAs not to come to Cleveland.

If we wanted somebody who could play the slot with quicks, good hands and a veteran with similar production to OBJ with 1/5th the price tag--we should have just signed Jamison Crowder.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

IDK after his departure, I went from being 'meh' with him to absolutly hating him for being the fire starter in all this. He also told FAs not to come to Cleveland.

If we wanted somebody who could play the slot with quicks, good hands and a veteran with similar production to OBJ with 1/5th the price tag--we should have just signed Jamison Crowder.

I think I just want him to see if he was the problem or Baker 😂 

How about NO to Odell returning. There's no world in which that makes a lick of sense. Watson going to be suspended for the first 6-8 games, Brissett is no better than Baker. OBJ is going to be rehabbing the ACL until who knows when...that equals a whole lot of frustration and speculation and media circus (on top of what's going to be a cloud of deserved media toxicity around Watson) for the the entire first half of the season. No. Just no.

If AB is such a great GM, he can earn his spurs and find a WR that's as good or better than OBJ (at this point in his career and coming of another knee injury) in the 2nd or 3rd and avoid the 3 ring circus, and have them on a rookie contract.

• Like 1

OBJ is smart and is starting to see that he may be left without a chair when the music stops. He's throwing out "positive vibes" to a few teams in hopes of getting them to sign him.

He still thinks he's way better than he actually is at this point. I would personally stay far away and draft one of the studs in this draft class.

• Like 3