Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

9 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I think it’s worth considering not only the volume of accusers but the fact that there are 22 different women in a short time period giving him a “massage.” This one isn’t hard to figure out. If you have a good masseuse, wouldn’t you just go back to that person unless something weird happened that would make you not want to? Absolute minimum this is a creepy dude that has done creepy stuff, stuff I just don’t care to be attached to as a fan. At most he is a felon. My hunch is he was trying to get aroused as much as possible when the bonuses weren’t a guarantee/tried his coercive shot. And that he is a horny dude that would get carried away even when women weren’t about it, fading passed a gray area. I think he assumed that because he was Deshaun Watson he was just going to get willing HJs and BJs from these women. Until the allegations came out, my hunch is that he would not have thought anything about a sexual assault or anything. I think that he thinks what he did was OK in these situations and not criminal. I don’t think he ever went to any of these appointments by any means with it in mind that he was going to sexually assault somebody. The things he did were well past what’s OK or legal though, whether or not he intended them.

I think this is probably the best summation and likely spot on. 

9 hours ago, DawgX said:

Like I said, I think he's probably guilty of likely being a creep at least. Could he be guilty of more than that? Absolutely. I'm just not 100% convinced.

I don't think it's fair to criticize how he acted in the press conference. I think most people are going to come across as being slightly awkward if they're participating in a press conference and are being asked about sexual assault allegations. Innocent or guilty, that's an uncomfortable thing to discuss in a room with the media involved. Hell, some people are bad at public speaking period, let alone if they are well aware that the general public thinks they're some sort of sexual deviant.

Edit: And that doesn't change what I said. Most people thought the men involved with the Duke and Virginia cases were totally guilty. That is, until the evidence (or lack thereof) totally exonerated them.

Wait a min. Are you saying that 1 of the 40 woman are lying or are you saying 40 of 40 are? Big difference in the cases you bring up.  1 victim compared to 40. 

Go look up the Duke case.  They showed only the pictures of the lacrosse team to the victim at the police station. So no matter who she chose that was at the party would be figured to be guilty.  The Virginia case was a rolling stone article at first with no real investigation before they published it. 

He is accused of literally rubbing his junk on woman, trying to force himself on them, and doing other **** that it might not be rape but if someone did that to your wife, girlfriend or daughter would be an *** beating offense. He thought he would get away with it because of who he is. It is a his word against theirs unless there is video evidence or at least voice recordings or texts of him saying he did it.  Can’t prosecute this case and that’s how it works. 

Maybe he didn’t do any of these things and it is all made up. I think he used his ego and power and did some of these things though. He at best is the most unlucky dude in the world that so many people could come up with the same situation and story or at worst is a serial rapist.  I’d say he’s probably just an ego maniac who thought he could use his power and status to get his way with any woman any time. Also he went to Clemson and we all know they like sticking their fingers in butts on the field, can only imagine what they do behind close doors. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JDD said:

Wait a min. Are you saying that 1 of the 40 woman are lying or are you saying 40 of 40 are? Big difference in the cases you bring up.  1 victim compared to 40. 

Go look up the Duke case.  They showed only the pictures of the lacrosse team to the victim at the police station. So no matter who she chose that was at the party would be figured to be guilty.  The Virginia case was a rolling stone article at first with no real investigation before they published it. 

He is accused of literally rubbing his junk on woman, trying to force himself on them, and doing other **** that it might not be rape but if someone did that to your wife, girlfriend or daughter would be an *** beating offense. He thought he would get away with it because of who he is. It is a his word against theirs unless there is video evidence or at least voice recordings or texts of him saying he did it.  Can’t prosecute this case and that’s how it works. 

Maybe he didn’t do any of these things and it is all made up. I think he used his ego and power and did some of these things though. He at best is the most unlucky dude in the world that so many people could come up with the same situation and story or at worst is a serial rapist.  I’d say he’s probably just an ego maniac who thought he could use his power and status to get his way with any woman any time. Also he went to Clemson and we all know they like sticking their fingers in butts on the field, can only imagine what they do behind close doors. 

I've said I think he's probably guilty of at least some sort of wrong doing. Like I said, I think he's likely guilty of AT LEAST being a creep, if not more.

I brought up the Duke and Virginia cases because the general public 100% bought into it despite those allegations being false. I understand that there are many women making allegations against Deshaun, which is much different than just one, and thus, it's less likely to be some conspiracy against Watson. 

34 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I've said I think he's probably guilty of at least some sort of wrong doing. Like I said, I think he's likely guilty of AT LEAST being a creep, if not more.

I brought up the Duke and Virginia cases because the general public 100% bought into it despite those allegations being false. I understand that there are many women making allegations against Deshaun, which is much different than just one, and thus, it's less likely to be some conspiracy against Watson. 

You mean the media manipulated a story? 

Cbs Reaction GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

• Like 3

I remember going back and forth with some folks on who was responsible for the pursuit of Watson.  Plenty of people had "TEAM JIMMY" as the culprit, as it had a smell of something he would do.  I thought that the nerds were just done with Mayfield, and saw an opportunity to have a top 10 QB in this league.  Take it for what it's worth, but Truckstop Jimmy claims he deferred to the nerds.....i know i know....maybe not the most trustworthy guy to believe...but.....

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/26/jimmy-haslam-pursuit-of-deshaun-watson-came-from-football-operations-not-ownership/

Edited by big poppa pump
i'll take a half victory lap, until confirmed...hehehe
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

also the Brian Banks story

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

I remember going back and forth with some folks on who was responsible for the pursuit of Watson.  Plenty of people had "TEAM JIMMY" as the culprit, as it had a smell of something he would do.  I thought that the nerds were just done with Mayfield, and saw an opportunity to have a top 10 QB in this league.  Take it for what it's worth, but Truckstop Jimmy claims he deferred to the nerds.....i know i know....maybe not the most trustworthy guy to believe...but.....

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/26/jimmy-haslam-pursuit-of-deshaun-watson-came-from-football-operations-not-ownership/

I agree, and I think you can take the victory lap...

It's one thing to have the owner force you to do something, but it's another thing to lie in front of everyone (while Berry and Stefanski are sitting there). I can't think they would stick around if all of that were true.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ReggieCamp said:

I agree, and I think you can take the victory lap...

It's one thing to have the owner force you to do something, but it's another thing to lie in front of everyone (while Berry and Stefanski are sitting there). I can't think they would stick around if all of that were true.

Jimmy also said he nor anyone in the Browns organization said anything about needing an adult at QB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

Honestly, just suggesting that...I'm starting to think you might be a Russian bot. Nobody give JDD your login info, anyone.

So I logged in one time with your account and might have said some things people didn’t agree with.  Trust me I won’t do that again

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Jimmy also said he nor anyone in the Browns organization said anything about needing an adult at QB.

Actually, what Jimmy said was that the comment didn't come from anyone in ownership. That's much different than saying the entire organization.

“I know that there was a statement that we need an ‘adult in the room’ and Baker felt that came from ownership, but that’s not true,” Haslam said. “Baker gave it everything he had while he was here. Nobody could question his efforts this past year and nobody could question the four years he gave to the city of Cleveland, and we wish him nothing but the best of luck.”

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Actually, what Jimmy said was that the comment didn't come from anyone in ownership. That's much different than saying the entire organization.

Doesn't surprise me. When the whole OBJ's dad fiasco was happening, the media was reporting that OBJ was distancing himself from others and that he would keep to himself. I'm sure there were more, but I know of at least Newsome replying to that tweet basically saying it's a lie and no one in the locker room had issues with OBJ; in fact, he was liked by many of the players.