Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

On 7/8/2022 at 8:59 AM, DaWg_LB. said:

OK, not sure this has been covered.....with the QB position getting square away, Clarity Wise.....I for one am NOT comfortable with going into the season with Dobbs as the Backup...

I do like Brissett, he is one of the top backups/spot starters in the league...but Dobbs is a future OC in the league...not much of a QB IMO....not even when he as at Tenn.....I digress.

Now hear me out.....I for one, was VERY High on a former 1rst round pick who is currently a FA....I think time has humbled and matured him......I am standing on the table right now and STOMPING FOR JOSH ROSEN TO BE SIGNED!!!!!

The year he came out, he was my #2 Prospect on talent, but his attitude was what kept me out on him......give him a year with our coaching staff!!!!!!

I'm not going to lie, I was a HUGE Rosen fan too from that Texas A&M comeback. I think his personality has to be the absolute worst though, I heard he has heavy d bag vibes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I'm not going to lie, I was a HUGE Rosen fan too from that Texas A&M comeback. I think his personality has to be the absolute worst though, I heard he has heavy d bag vibes. 

I'm praying that age and hard times has mellowed him out, and Matured him. If he has doubled down on the D-bag vibes....then that would be a bad move.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:
1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

It’s Rizzo, but he’s saying he heard 4-6 games.

If he’s right, that trade was 10000% worth it.

From a purely football perspective, in full agreement here. 

Yeah I’m pretty confident that at this point, anything is purely football related. He’s a clown but he’s talented.

10 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

From a purely football perspective, in full agreement here. 

I think the future will decide that. It has the potential to be a good trade but without a championship it's a failure. So we have to wait and see if that happens.

It's pretty much the same situation as the Rams but we gave up more. I think Baker has more upside than Goff so that adds more to it but a championship means it was a win either way. Anything short of that is a failure because at worst we would have had the same amount of championships either way and at best we could have had more.

We gotta play the long game on this, unless we win one right away like the Rams.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

We gotta play the long game on this

Totally agree.  My biggest frustration is that so many want to say this was a good or bad deal when no games have been played. (Again echoing others, and limiting the evaluation to the football field aspect.  The moral/rooting aspect was and is fair game from day one.😉)  Time will tell.  It always does.  That's why I love the draft, within 3 to 5 years we always find out who was right and who was wrong.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I think the future will decide that. It has the potential to be a good trade but without a championship it's a failure. So we have to wait and see if that happens.

It's pretty much the same situation as the Rams but we gave up more. I think Baker has more upside than Goff so that adds more to it but a championship means it was a win either way. Anything short of that is a failure because at worst we would have had the same amount of championships either way and at best we could have had more.

We gotta play the long game on this, unless we win one right away like the Rams.

While I'm in agreement with what you wrote above, I'd add that a lot of it comes down to how Baker and Watson play. If Baker plays as well as you and I believe he can then the trade is absolutely idiotic anything short of Super Bowls, but if he doesn't then it'll really just come down to how Watson plays; if he's top-10 at that point with the Browns being perennial playoff contenders then the trade is worth it to the Browns organization, Super Bowl or not IMO.

But we'll see--should be must-see TV either way.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

While I'm in agreement with what you wrote above, I'd add that a lot of it comes down to how Baker and Watson play. If Baker plays as well as you and I believe he can then the trade is absolutely idiotic anything short of Super Bowls, but if he doesn't then it'll really just come down to how Watson plays; if he's top-10 at that point with the Browns being perennial playoff contenders then the trade is worth it to the Browns organization, Super Bowl or not IMO.

But we'll see--should be must-see TV either way.

I think it has to result in a championship. Watson can win 4 straight MVPs but without a championship this trade failed. The team isn't perfect but it's as much a finished product as NFL teams get so to make a move like a desperate team just trying to be relevant it has to end with the greatest result in my book.

If this was 2018 and we were perennial losers then yeah, his regular season play and being in playoff contention would be a good goal. Since we were already there that's off the table.

Again, this is just the football side. To actually make the trade as soon as most criminal charges were not going to be tried without doing the research (it wasn't possible at that time) is the mark of desperation (we weren't the only team) and kind of gross no matter what happens. It's a part of our identity now. We support and defend sexual predators. Yay. I'd rather have the guy in a black hat that people just don't like but we went this route as our bad guy role. If you don't like it... zip slap slap

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

We gave up more, but Watson is a good bit younger as well.

It’s hard to judge what the fair market value is on a 26 year old franchise QB, because they simply don’t get traded.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We gave up more, but Watson is a good bit younger as well.

It’s hard to judge what the fair market value is on a 26 year old franchise QB, because they simply don’t get traded.

Well we know what it is if the QB has legal issues.

It really isn't about his value though, it's about if it was worth it. Stafford already proved to be worth it. I don't think anything less than a SB win would have made the Stafford trade worth it. We'll need to do the same, it just doesn't have to be immediate.