Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

5 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Why don't you show how he played against Cleveland in Cleveland when he got beat by 30 against Mahomes and Russell once again no excuses he beats them all period.

How will you feel when he holds a Lombardi up wearing a Browns uniform?

16 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

If he doesn't run it isn't going to open up as many passing opportunities. Maybe he can handle it but that completion percentage will drop. He ends a lot of drives with getting sacked, 4 in that game. We are used to it with Baker last year but that is going to continue if our tackles don't step up.

I’m not suggesting he goes full on CJ Stroud (Justin Fields when he was with us his last year too). 

If watching the Browns has taught me anything, it’s that QBs should take better caution with their shoulders.

Watson does not need to barrel his way in. That’s what Chubb is for.

Edited by candyman93

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

How will you feel when he holds a Lombardi up wearing a Browns uniform?

Be realistic

Burrows plus 3 number 1s

Lamar plus 3 number 1s

Pittsburgh who drafted 21 with a 26 ranked qb plus 3 number 1s.

Just remember berry outside of myles Garrett has not drafted 1 all pro.

11 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I have zero problem giving Dorsey credit.

Also, you’re technically right, but Berry signed Jack Conklin.

Yeah, Dorsey turned the franchise around and deserves a lot of credit for that. His hiring wasn't the greatest and he certainly has flaws but he did what a lot of previous GMs couldn't.

This felt a bit like a Dorsey offseason. A little careless and aggressive. We'll see if it works out.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah, Dorsey turned the franchise around and deserves a lot of credit for that. His hiring wasn't the greatest and he certainly has flaws but he did what a lot of previous GMs couldn't.

This felt a bit like a Dorsey offseason. A little careless and aggressive. We'll see if it works out.

5 hours ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Narrator: “it didn’t…”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

How convenient to say that now, he didn't when he was here and he didn't suck compared to the guys that were before him.

Never liked him. Never wanted him. He had the most cap and most picks and only got middling results. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

How convenient to say that now, he didn't when he was here and he didn't suck compared to the guys that were before him.

I liked Dorsey because he was aggressive in fixing problems on the roster and not afraid to take high risk/high upside swings. Now, he had his issues with management and long-term sustainability but there is no doubt he made some great moves. 

• Like 2

I think Dorsey made some good picks like Chubb and quality trades/signings in some spots while absolutely blowing the #1 overall pick on Baker, trading for OBJ, and hiring Kitchens. He got a war chest of picks and cap space and did a very average job with it.

Edited by MWil23

20 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I think Dorsey made some good picks like Chubb and quality trades/signings in some spots while absolutely blowing the #1 overall pick on Baker, trading for OBJ, and hiring Kitchens. He got a war chest of picks and cap space and did a very average job with it.

Maybe my standards are low as a Browns fan, but I wouldn't consider Baker an absolutely blown pick.  He had some success here, just never good enough to give a mega contract to and blew his shoulder and looked bad the year he needed to prove he was worth a deal.

Better than picking Darnold.  It panned out worse than Josh Allen.  Lamar Jackson wasn't even a consideration for anybody in the top 10.  Also maybe I'm biased because I didn't have much faith in Allen and it still surprises me he turned out this good.  He took leaps in his game, Baker was pretty much the same guy for 4 years either due to just reaching his potential in college, constant system changes, or just didn't work hard.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Maybe my standards are low as a Browns fan, but I wouldn't consider Baker an absolutely blown pick.  He had some success here, just never good enough to give a mega contract to and blew his shoulder and looked bad the year he needed to prove he was worth a deal.

Better than picking Darnold.  It panned out worse than Josh Allen.  Lamar Jackson wasn't even a consideration for anybody in the top 10.  Also maybe I'm biased because I didn't have much faith in Allen and it still surprises me he turned out this good.  He took leaps in his game, Baker was pretty much the same guy for 4 years either due to just reaching his potential in college, constant system changes, or just didn't work hard.

Any time you go away from the expert consensus on measurables and miss/get the third best quarterback, that’s a bust IMO unless it’s 1983 or 2003. But more than that, let’s look at who else he got:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cle/draft.htm

Corbett was a bust here, Chad Thomas was a meme at the time, Antonio Callaway was a calculated risk, then the next year he got Greedy, Mack Wilson, and Redwine after the OBJ trade while also losing out on a starting OG and S that we dealt.

So yeah, I’m glad we got Ward and Chubb and that Wyatt Teller was a throw in player. Aside from that, he was pretty lousy here compared to the war chest and cap cache he was given.