Packfanfb's "Post Holy **** We Traded Davante" Mock

packfanfb

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Given we've seen 7 games in which Davante wasn't playing in the last 3 years, and we're undefeated in those games, is it the end of the world if we're a little light at WR?

I don't necessarily think so but can't say it with confidence. Plus in this hypothetical we still have a free agent like Julio Jones or Jarvis Landry or we have a 1st/2nd round WR. Having just Lazard/MVS is a different convo. We clearly have to get one more guy but after that, I am hoping we focus on adding two new DL a 3rd edge, and pass catching TE before we add a 4th WR. RT may be in front of that as well depending on how the board falls and your faith in Yosh at RT. Having 4 picks in the top 2 rounds and having maybe enough cap space to sign a guy or two(maybe not if we sign Rasul) could give us the luxury of adding another wideout as insurance or for the future. 

34 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

We shouldn't be giving him more targets is the point.  He is what he is- and should stay about the same. 

Why not?  If someone produces well, giving more opportunities makes sense

We shouldn't be giving Cobb more targets, he's toast.  

Then why is Cobb on the roster?

We shouldn't be willing to give MVS $10 mill/year.   His play doesn't warrant that price.

Agreed, but at $4-5M it's reasonable 

We need better IMO.  

From several positions not just WR.

RT, DL, 3rd edge, TE. 

8 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

To your earlier point, we have gone light on the DL.  Based largely on how today's game is played.   We went 13-3 in the regular season doing this.   Is it really a problem that we're a little light on the DL?

That may work well in the regular season, but you won't win a super bowl that way.

Neat how that works!!!

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

Dude. I realize that you've taken on the role of "opinionator - i.e casting opinions on everyone else;s opinion - it's become a "thing" with you. Why dont you simply offer your own on the topic of discussion and cut out the commentary about other posters?

Better idea, pull your panties out of your *** crack.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

What's unrealistic about it? We had this exact lineup last year with Adams minus a rookie draft pick.

What point would you say that was realistic?  You're suggesting that a WR that is looking for between $7M-$10M be our WR3, and the guy we just slapped a SRP tender on to be our WR4 while Rodgers' buddy is WR5 and a former 3rd round pick is WR6.  Figure ~$10M for WR1 plus $7M for MVS, and $1.3M on WR2 (53rd pick) puts you at around $27.1M committed to WRs in 2022.  For comparison, that would put the Packers 4th last year behind Dallas, Miami, and Green Bay.

1 minute ago, R T said:

Better idea, pull your panties out of your *** crack.  

Better idea. Why dont you **** off. You get in my grill for absolutely no reason with your snarky comments...I'll just come back harder....and I promise, I give back way better than you can deliver.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

A lot of numbers, but you avoided the question.   I understand how the stat is calculated, Again, why was his number high?   Was it his skill, or circumstantial?

You listed 40 times because it fits your narrative,  is that all there is to being a WR?   Does he possess the agility skills, ability to adjust,  make players miss, run great routes?   I don't see it at all.

He shouldn't be the focus of our passing game at all.  He's a #3.

You seem to think he possess' the traits of the players listed above.   I dont.  

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

It was both. He's a very effective receiver in this scheme. 

He's an NFL level player at everything he's asked to do with the possible exception of his hands, and even those looked good last year. 

19 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

We might be able to get by in the regular season, but you won't win a SB that way.

In today's game which emphasizes the passing game, is that the best plan? I wouldn't think so.?

To your earlier point, we have gone light on the DL.  Based largely on how today's game is played.   We went 13-3 in the regular season doing this.   Is it really a problem that we're a little light on the DL?

Ideally you fix both.  The mock that started this all seemed to attempt that.  Was it totally realistic, or perfect?  Maybe not, but it was better than many put forward on these pages. 

Well, clearly we're not winning a Super Bowl with Davante carrying 30+% of the targets. So that's apparently not the answer. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Well, clearly we're not winning a Super Bowl with Davante carrying 30+% of the targets. So that's apparently not the answer. 

Agree - part of my discussion / thinking about making the guy the highest paid WR. It's not like he'd put us over the top to begin with.

I think we're making too much of big deal about having great all pro receivers. Brady won SB's throwing to slow white guys named Edelman  Hogan, Welker, Amendola etc. They never had a scary receiving corps. We finally have a good defense with a competent DC. Let's keep adding to the defense and make it top 5. That's the only way to stop these high powered offenses. As we stand here today even with Rodgers, we don't stack up these offensive teams like KC and Cinci in a shootout. We need a suffocating defense to keep us in games. Right now I think defense is the way to get us over the hump, not Rodgers.

Edited by St Vince

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

What point would you say that was realistic?  You're suggesting that a WR that is looking for between $7M-$10M be our WR3, and the guy we just slapped a SRP tender on to be our WR4 while Rodgers' buddy is WR5 and a former 3rd round pick is WR6.  Figure ~$10M for WR1 plus $7M for MVS, and $1.3M on WR2 (53rd pick) puts you at around $27.1M committed to WRs in 2022.  For comparison, that would put the Packers 4th last year behind Dallas, Miami, and Green Bay.

Sure, I understand that the Packers value Lazard more. Even you and I agreed that we wouldn't have put a 2nd round tender on Lazard. He's the guy who you keep around if he's there for $2.5m but if someone signs him to an offer sheet, you shake his hand and let him go.