Team building from here.

Kiwibrown

Our roster now has quality players at every key point. 

Qb- Watson (sigh)

Pass catcher- Cooper, Njoku, Bryant, DPJ, Grant, this group is probably one explosive player away from being set as a good group. 

Offensive line Wils, bitonio, Teller, Conklin- This group is pretty much set across the board. Still possibly the best group in the league when healthy. Best guard tandem. 

Pass rusher Myles, Chase Winovich, +/- Clowney, this group really needs 2-3 more guys to aid our top players 1-2 DE and a basically 1-2 DTs. Myles is a amazing player

Cover players The Jewel of our defense, we have Ward, Newsome, Greedy, AJ Green all quality players, at safety we have 2-3 guys in Delpit, JJ3, and ?Lecounte.

What we are missing really are only a few quality starters- I think we will aim to increase our drafting in the rounds of 2-4, we are going to trade up in the draft not down. Free agency will become key for us over the next 2-3 years we will need to hit on the mid tier free agents, especially next year as we dont have all that many gusy on our roster for 2023 only 27 including Watson. 

Really we have a lot of team building a head of us inside of our superbowl window. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see us go after an AJ Green or a Julio Jones if we don't think we can get one of the top tier guys in the draft. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Jarvis return, or for us to double dip with Houston and try to get Cooks from them. 

Edited by H2ThaIzzo
added context

1 minute ago, cattleman78 said:

We also need def. tackles.

Oh I assume we will be attracting some of those too now. Campbell, Hicks, Linval Joseph I could see being interested in a team friendly deal to sign. Also edge guys like JPP, Hughes, Ingram out there that may want to sign up for a run. 

41 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Berry needs to get a lot better in R3 picks.

He has done pretty good with his later round picks, DPJ, Felton, Bryant, Hudson, have all been solid players. I have full confidence in him, he is the best GM we have ever had and I think he is a HOF quality GM if he can weather the storm of Watson and Jimmy 

• Like 1

For this year, I think we will try and trade for a explosive WR. Maybe a Jameson Williams if he slips.

A lot depends on Clowney too, but the pass rush class isn’t deep imo. We probably just add depth and special teams players after that.

Going forward, we have to think about replacing guys we can’t afford.

Cap space is key moving forward!  We need a capologist to help here.  There is a Browns cap calculator which states we are at 5M but have Mayfield and Keenum on the books.  The Watson contract is structured to help this year.  Ward extension and signing free agents like Clowney, Hicks, and or WR are key decisions.  Lastly, we need 7-8M to sign draft picks because we do not have 1st pick.

I still think we need Clowney back and to add Fuller, who seems to be a package deal with Watson.

If we do that, draft day is 100% BPA.

R2: I think they’re going to be looking for an immediate starter/significant contributor.  I wouldn’t doubt a nice WR would be there, Pickens perhaps?  Jackson at DE?  Maybe Leal slips at DT?  I think there could be a really nice LB at that spot who would be a plug and play guy at a position we’ve needed improved for 2 decades. 

R3.  With Hooper being cut, finding a 2nd/3rd TE is a need in addition to the other spots mentioned.

I’m guessing Berry is looking for vets who can be had for day 3 picks.

First of all at this writing 

We have the worst wide receiver core in the NFL.

Defensive line we are Myles Garrett and 3 days of rain.

On paper we are 20 to 25 level

Linebacking core .

This team will go from being a top

5 defense to the bottom teams are going to run this Browns unit to death then you guys are going to blame Joe woods 

Deshaun he is a 10 to 15 level qb when throwing to a top 5 wide receiving core.

Prediction he gets suspended a minimum of 8 games then gets injured when Conklin goes down.

6 minutes ago, #32 said:

Cap space is key moving forward!  We need a capologist to help here.  There is a Browns cap calculator which states we are at 5M but have Mayfield and Keenum on the books.  The Watson contract is structured to help this year.  Ward extension and signing free agents like Clowney, Hicks, and or WR are key decisions.  Lastly, we need 7-8M to sign draft picks because we do not have 1st pick.

They can restructure deals to take salary and convert it to bonuses which get spread across the length of thr contract.  They can add voidable years to do the same.

Does it eventually catch up to you and you’ll truly be in cap hell?  Sure. But you can kick that can down the road for a long time.

We’ve got a lot of wiggle room left.