DC Movie Universe

devils1854

On 9/13/2018 at 7:57 AM, DingoLadd said:

People saying the DCEU is dead are crazy, there are a billion films in production this gravy train ain't stopping until D.C doesn't make a profit. 

Which will probably be very soon given the D.C universe thing looks like it's gonna flop hard. 

By "dead", Im sure most people mean its just beyond repair and at this point, DC is just tossing up hail mary's....which is the truth.

They cant even make an entertaining Justice League movie.    That's utterly pathetic and isnt hard to do. 

• Like 2

On 9/13/2018 at 9:40 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

I dont think he had a plan, and if he did, it wasnt a good one.  Reportedly, it was a 5 movie arc that was Man of Steel, BvS, JL1, 2 and 3.   There was never any plan for a MoS 2 to begin with, and the first 3 movies were a pretty poor start (even though I liked MoS and didnt mind BvS).

The ultimate cut of BvS was still, at best, decent.    Justice League, even Snyders cut, wasnt going to be much better that what we got.   

WB was more focused with trying to "catch up" and do it differently than Marvel instead of being focused on developing the DCU and making people care about it.

There have been many reports that the top suits at WB dont like superhero movies....and it reflects on the stuff they put out outside of The Dark Knight trilogy....which just so happened to be more of a crime action/drama than a full blown superhero movie.

Just like with EA and Madden, I no longer have any faith that WB will ever make a good DCEU.   I think they will just throw a bunch of movies out there and hope they are hits...not because they love the characters or content, but because they just want the money.  

@FourThreeMafia for president of Warner Bros!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

@FourThreeMafia for president of Warner Bros!

I would settle for having a Kevin Feige type role with regards to the Justice League and the DC Universe.

If nothing else, I at least know, love and respect the source material and characters....something WB seems to lack in a major way when it comes to developing these movies.

If they adapt the killing joke storyline I could see this being a good movie. I expect this joker to be alot better than what we got with Leto.

Anyway subscribe to the DC Streaming yet? Might get it for a month and binge watch Batman: animated series and a few of the animated movies. Wouldnt be bad for $8.

Edited by Fresh Prince

I wonder if they could get away with just saying that Man of Steel, BvS, Suicide Squad and Justice League no longer have any connection to the current DCEU, and just saying Wonder Woman was the first movie of the NEW DCEU, and then connect the forthcoming movies as needed?    

That wont happen, and I dont have faith they could do anything with it even if they did....but considering Affleck and Cavill are out, it might just be easier to disconnect from everything that Zack Snyder had a hand in and moved on.

12 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I wonder if they could get away with just saying that Man of Steel, BvS, Suicide Squad and Justice League no longer have any connection to the current DCEU, and just saying Wonder Woman was the first movie of the NEW DCEU, and then connect the forthcoming movies as needed?    

That wont happen, and I dont have faith they could do anything with it even if they did....but considering Affleck and Cavill are out, it might just be easier to disconnect from everything that Zack Snyder had a hand in and moved on.

If they wanted to, they could say WW was the start, Aquaman and Shazam are the next 2, and go with the younger batman for Reeves movie as 4.  It could be salvageable.  Zero confidence WB has that kind of ingenuity, creativity, and adaptability though.

I think they're smart enough to know that they've been gifted a very easy out with a Flashpoint movie.  I don't think they'll use it because their pride is probably too great to purge their crap movies from the timeline, but I'm sure they know about that option.  I'm not sure I want them to.

If they do a Flashpoint movie and start it over, it's not suddenly going to change that they don't have a legitimate puppeteer.  ALL of their movies have featured very ridiculous and poor dialogue.  ALL of their movies have featured terrible CGI and they look like early 2000 CGI.  It's like they filmed entire movies in front of green screens.  ALL of their movies suffer with pacing and plotting. 

There isn't a single DC movie since The Dark Knight Rises that was a solid movie.  I feel like they even interfered with Nolan because I can't get over that cringeworthy line in TDKR. 

I'd rather see them slowly start to realize they're doomed over the next 6 years so that they cease all production for four years so I can see a solid DC Universe 10 years from now. 

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

If they do a Flashpoint movie and start it over, it's not suddenly going to change that they don't have a legitimate puppeteer.  ALL of their movies have featured very ridiculous and poor dialogue.  ALL of their movies have featured terrible CGI and they look like early 2000 CGI.  It's like they filmed entire movies in front of green screens.  ALL of their movies suffer with pacing and plotting. 

If they use flashpoint they should use WW as the standard aesthetic. Also, since WW was a period piece, their only good movie would be untouched by a flashpoint film.