DC Movie Universe

devils1854

On 7/8/2019 at 4:01 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

Anyone who says those movies cant be topped are probably Nolan fanboys.  Not saying they WILL be topped...just that there is plenty of room for improvement.

I don't think they will ever be matched. That was far and away the best you could do for a Batman film. They are freaking epic movies and turned an otherwise corny superhero into an incredible 3-part series. I could have cared less about Batman or any superhero movies before I was forced to watch Batman Begins. That movie was so awesome and then the final 2 movies (IMO) blew that one away. Now I see every freaking comic book movie religiously.

It's hard to quantify the Nolan Batman movies as comic book movies. They didn't give off the sense to me...they were more like normal movies with realistic environments and villains. No superpowers or corny dialogue, which has riddled other superhero movies. I don't think any director or set of actors will ever be able to match the story or the grit of Nolan's Batmans. I hope I'm wrong, but I would definitely feel comfortable saying that they will not be topped.

I loved Endgame to the point where I'd almost consider it leapfrogging TDK, but I still think it's a tick below as of now.

4 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Birds of Prey plot leaked. I'm out.

For those interested, the HEAVY spoilers below. These will "ruin the movie" if you look....

• It will be a Harley Quinn film, as in narrated by her and breaking the fourth wall ala Deadpool
  • Black Mask is openly gay and has a crush on and flirts with Victor Zsasz
  • Black Mask is also obsessed with art
  • Cassandra Cain steals a diamond, containing information inside of it, from Black Mask which is why he kidnaps her
  • What information was Black Mask storing on there? Not WMDs, terror plots, or bank info. It stores "pictures of his private parts"

[/spoilers]

There's more info out there but these are the biggest ones people are complaining about.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

For those interested, the HEAVY spoilers below. These will "ruin the movie" if you look....

Hide contents

[/spoilers]

There's more info out there but these are the biggest ones people are complaining about.

That cant be real.   No one is dumb enough to create a story that absurd....right?  RIGHT?

32 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

TDK is only great because of ledgers performance, other than that it’s not that good.

I certainly dont agree with that.  Obviously Ledger's performance took it to another level, but it was a good movie either way.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fresh Prince said:

TDK is only great because of ledgers performance, other than that it’s not that good.

I wouldn’t go that far but the 3rd act is a complete dumpster fire.  One of my biggest problems with Nolan’s trilogy is his version Gotham City.  It’s not the least bit intimidating or scary including the Narrows.  I’ve lived in scarier neighborhoods than that.  

Tim Burton’s Gotham City looked like a city that desperately needed a hero like Batman.  It put the gothic in Gotham City.  It was its own character.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I wouldn’t go that far but the 3rd act is a complete dumpster fire.  One of my biggest problems with Nolan’s trilogy is his version Gotham City.  It’s not the least bit intimidating or scary including the Narrows.  I’ve lived in scarier neighborhoods than that.  

Tim Burton’s Gotham City looked like a city that desperately needed a hero like Batman.  It put the gothic in Gotham City.  It was its own character.  

I certainly understand what you mean, but everything about Nolan's world was rooted in reality and much as possible.  It was just meant to represent a city where crime, drugs and corruption were rampant.

One thing negative about the entire trilogy IMO is that so much felt rushed, while certain parts dragged.  Wasnt THAT bad, but in many cases, the pacing felt off with all of the movies.

Again, I enjoyed every movie...but I definitely believe they CAN be outdone...but I dont trust that WB can pull it off now.