DC Movie Universe

devils1854

I love how people are still trying to argue about the "D*** pics" were a central point of the BOP movie.

Also I wonder how long before WB lets Snyder do MOS2 because they caved once might as well cave again. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

I've never seen the pedo talk until today. My point is that it was there. It may have been exaggerated but it was legit and they did take it out.

Yep, definitely was part of a previous vision. And nothing you have said is wrong, an I have nothing against this line of the discussion.

Its just how blown out of proportion that little piece got. And mostly so Vloggers could pretend that they were practicing real journalism, by taking a rumor that had already got bent out of proportion, and lit fire to it so they could jump on the pile that is the DCEU. If the first of the Pedo talk you saw was Monday, then great, it means that talk was less widespread than I thought it was (should have never happened at all) but it was brought up in this forum at least a couple of times (maybe not that word before, because I think we danced around it.

Its just another page in the book of dont fully believe any rumor in Hollywood

11 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

Also I wonder how long before WB lets Snyder do MOS2 because they caved once might as well cave again. 

As I pointed out a few times, none of this sets the "dangerous precedent" that many are throwing out there, UNLESS it is a successful gamble. 

WB/HBO/DC arent doing this out of the kindness of their heart. They are taking this gamble because they think there is money to be made. And ALOT of money at that. Its not just as easy as what something like an "Ayer Cut" of Suicide Squad would be, just re-cutting footage and effects that were mostly already complete. They are giving Snyder $30m more to finish something that was only partly completed. All the Snyder-bros better show up on HBO Max to watch this thing next year (and not illegally torrent) because that is the only way it will be a success, or it will be hoisted as the flagship of why the Studio's know better than the Fanboys.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

As I pointed out a few times, none of this sets the "dangerous precedent" that many are throwing out there, UNLESS it is a successful gamble. 

WB/HBO/DC arent doing this out of the kindness of their heart. They are taking this gamble because they think there is money to be made. And ALOT of money at that. Its not just as easy as what something like an "Ayer Cut" of Suicide Squad would be, just re-cutting footage and effects that were mostly already complete. They are giving Snyder $30m more to finish something that was only partly completed. All the Snyder-bros better show up on HBO Max to watch this thing next year (and not illegally torrent) because that is the only way it will be a success, or it will be hoisted as the flagship of why the Studio's know better than the Fanboys.

I'm guessing 95+% of the people begging for the Snyder cut are just going to torrent it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm guessing 95+% of the people begging for the Snyder cut are just going to torrent it

Oh absolutely agree, which is why I think, regardless of the quality of the project (Im obviously expecting just a different shade of crap) that this will be deemed a failure.

And actually, I think WB would be just as OK with that outcome. Because then they forever get to hold that card of "we gave you all what you wanted, and no one supported it, we obviously know what is better business" and will play it every single time that a small vocal group complains about re-shoots or having characters portrayed differently

38 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Yep, definitely was part of a previous vision. And nothing you have said is wrong, an I have nothing against this line of the discussion.

Its just how blown out of proportion that little piece got. And mostly so Vloggers could pretend that they were practicing real journalism, by taking a rumor that had already got bent out of proportion, and lit fire to it so they could jump on the pile that is the DCEU. If the first of the Pedo talk you saw was Monday, then great, it means that talk was less widespread than I thought it was (should have never happened at all) but it was brought up in this forum at least a couple of times (maybe not that word before, because I think we danced around it.

Its just another page in the book of dont fully believe any rumor in Hollywood

Journalism in this country has taken a deep dive the past few years. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Clicks over content

Absolutely. My roommate has presented me with an article three times during the pandemic about something he was outraged over. Each time I read the article the headline was contradicted by the content itself.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2020 at 5:35 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

The only thing I can really say positive about this movie is much of the action was at least solid....but that doesnt come close to making up for everything else.

This right here, is why I dont have any real hope for a Snyder Cut either. What he does best is Action/Spectacle, and that wasnt really the problem with JL. It needed more heart, more story, more world building, and overall better dialog. I have never seen anyone refer to those as any of his strong suits. I know he loves these characters (mostly Batman, but thats a different discussion) so some of the Fan Service stuff will be cool, but that doesnt fix a movie.

I had so much more hope for Ezra as Flash, I still dont hate it like alot of people do, but I can see where he falls short. He definitely comes off as a fake nerd, and what should be quarky and endearing just ends up as total cringe. 

I actually enjoy Mamoa, I know alot of people despised the "surfer bro" but I think it fits if you take the approach that he really is just that, he isnt a grown up. All he has ever done is what he wanted, and he is basically a teenager when it comes to his maturity level. But without showing us that, like they had the chance to when Bruce goes to find him, he is just an empty shell of a character

And I still say they screwed up with Cyborg from the jump with his design. When you make him like 98% machine for the first go round, he looks like he should be the ultimate weapon already, that he is so OP that he could have taken on the Parademons alone. And thats on everyone, Snyder included. I would have set up up with his accident so he is only like 30-40% machine at the time, but he is their tech man, or guy in the chair. Give him the half face shield with the eye, something over his heart so its the machine making his body work, with like one mechanical hand and the opposite leg. Then as he is really getting into the fight and a key cog in taking down Steppenwolf, thats when Darkseid appears, and just eviscerates Cyborg. I mean tears him apart, even his human parts, so that way, assuming you laid the ground work and told this story with Him as our avatar, among these living gods, we are left heart broken, Darkseid as the ultimate evil, and we want nothing but vengeance in JL2. Then you have the last remaining Motherbox on earth, that the team was able to save at the last minute, to create the new Cyborg, V2.0 in JL2 as the final piece of the team to take down Darkseid. Thats when he only has part of his face left, that he is like 2% human, 20% machine parts built by his father, and the rest made up of the Motherbox that has created him. 

I know I went on a tangent, Ive put alot of thought into this over the years. But there was a path to do Justice League, in this order, before doing all if the individual films. They just needed to tell the right story 

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

This right here, is why I dont have any real hope for a Snyder Cut either. What he does best is Action/Spectacle, and that wasnt really the problem with JL. It needed more heart, more story, more world building, and overall better dialog. I have never seen anyone refer to those as any of his strong suits. I know he loves these characters (mostly Batman, but thats a different discussion) so some of the Fan Service stuff will be cool, but that doesnt fix a movie.

I had so much more hope for Ezra as Flash, I still dont hate it like alot of people do, but I can see where he falls short. He definitely comes off as a fake nerd, and what should be quarky and endearing just ends up as total cringe. 

I actually enjoy MaI know alot of people despised the "surfer bro" but I think it fits if you take the approach that he really is just that, he isnt a grown up. All he has ever done is what he wanted, and he is basically a teenager when it comes to his maturity level. But without showing us that, like they had the chance to when Bruce goes to find him, he is just an empty shell of a character

And I still say they screwed up with Cyborg from the jump with his design. When you make him like 98% machine for the first go round, he looks like he should be the ultimate weapon already, that he is so OP that he could have taken on the Parademons alone. And thats on everyone, Snyder included. I would have set up up with his accident so he is only like 30-40% machine at the time, but he is their tech man, or guy in the chair. Give him the half face shield with the eye, something over his heart so its the machine making his body work, with like one mechanical hand and the opposite leg. Then as he is really getting into the fight and a key cog in taking down Steppenwolf, thats when Darkseid appears, and just eviscerates Cyborg. I mean tears him apart, even his human parts, so that way, assuming you laid the ground work and told this story with Him as our avatar, among these living gods, we are left heart broken, Darkseid as the ultimate evil, and we want nothing but vengeance in JL2. Then you have the last remaining Motherbox on earth, that the team was able to save at the last minute, to create the new Cyborg, V2.0 in JL2 as the final piece of the team to take down Darkseid. Thats when he only has part of his face left, that he is like 2% human, 20% machine parts built by his father, and the rest made up of the Motherbox that has created him. 

I know I went on a tangent, Ive put alot of thought into this over the years. But there was a path to do Justice League, in this order, before doing all if the individual films. They just needed to tell the right story 

Good post, and I agree with all of it.

Its hard to say exactly how much Snyder is to blame and how much is WB is, but it wasnt a good combo.  As you stated, narrative and character development arent things Snyder is good at, and WB likes to overstep in regards to forcing things into movies that shouldnt be there.

7 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Journalism in this country has taken a deep dive the past few years. 

The people who claim to be journalists aren't Journalists.

It's easy to just write whatever the hell you want nowadays because all you need is some "experience". 

Don't let that detract from the people doing actually good work though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SwoleXmad said:

The people who claim to be journalists aren't Journalists.

It's easy to just write whatever the hell you want nowadays because all you need is some "experience". 

Don't let that detract from the people doing actually good work though.

I disagree with this. These vloggers how ever flawed their methods in their videos have shown less bias and more effort then even the most well known newspaper journalists. 

They don't even try to hide their bias now. 

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

I disagree with this. These vloggers how ever flawed their methods in their videos have shown less bias and more effort then even the most well known newspaper journalists. 

They don't even try to hide their bias now. 

I hate to tell you this but you know what the difference between a vlogger and a journalist is? 

There is none, just a job title.

Everyone has a bias my man, we're all human.

1 hour ago, SwoleXmad said:

Everyone has a bias my man, we're all human.

While I completely agree, news reporting should be largely unbiased, and not biased to the point where you are omitting facts to push certain views.

True journalism barely exists anymore.  You have to search hard to find it.  Activists have taken over numorous occupational fields within almost every industry, and the media is at the top.  Theyve created a world of echo chambers and convinced people that anyone with a different opinion is a bad person that shouldnt be heard.

But, lets not steer too far off topic.

I just wish they would reset the entire DCEU.... even though I don't have faith they would do it right the next time either.

Edited by FourThreeMafia