DC Movie Universe

devils1854

On 6/15/2020 at 6:45 AM, StLunatic88 said:

Man, this legend just keeps growing. Soon Snyder will have shot and completed an entire trilogy in this filming, have 15 hours worth of material, and we never saw a single frame of it in Whedon's cut.

We know thats not true because of the trailers and sneak peaks we received before Whedon's name was ever even mentioned.

Will you eat crow if you are wrong just the same way you're acting as if you are right?? 

11 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

Will you eat crow if you are wrong just the same way you're acting as if you are right?? 

I mean sure?? But once again, this was in response to someone saying only “10%” of Snyder’s version was used. Which many also scoffed at here. 

ill say it again, we had like 2 trailers and Comic Con footage to compare the final version to, and it tells the same story, with many of the same reskinned beats/scenes that we got. 

I have always said it will make more logical sense, fit together chronologically better, and have more details around some characters (mostly Cyborg and Flash) but it’s still the same story, and when it comes down to it, the same movie with fan service. 

but then again that’s a lot easier to do if they are going to give him 3-4 hours to tell it, where he doesn’t have to cut anything. 

And one last thing, the $20-30m more to finish it, proves that there wasn’t ever a Snyder “cut” because it was never finished. It was a Vision, which has been the point from my side all along. The people at WB weren’t handed a completed film, said no thanks, shelved it, and had Whedon start over. Which is has basically been the narrative that the #SnyderCut fanboys have always been pushing. 

Edited by StLunatic88

36 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

And one last thing, the $20-30m more to finish it, proves that there wasn’t ever a Snyder “cut” because it was never finished. It was a Vision, which has been the point from my side all along.

I mean that's debatable considering multiple people say they've already seen his cut. Snyder also confirmed he had a cut.

I'm not arguing there weren't some VFX that needed to be completed, but that doesn't mean a cut can't be made with incomplete VFX. The $20-30 million could have simply been negotiated from Snyder's side to realign it more with his original vision of the movie as opposed to just finishing any visuals from the middle ground he and WB tried to find on a cut before he left production.

Maybe we're just arguing semantics and you're saying there can't be a cut of a movie if it's not ready to be released right then and there, which if you are then I'd agree there was never a fully completed movie.

That 5 second clip that shows Darkseid that they released is totally all he is going to be in the movie, it will be part of some sort of montage that explains him as a threat and that will be it.  The vast majority of the movie is still going to be JL vs Steppenwolf, who will still be a crappy villain.

8 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

That 5 second clip that shows Darkseid that they released is totally all he is going to be in the movie, it will be part of some sort of montage that explains him as a threat and that will be it.  The vast majority of the movie is still going to be JL vs Steppenwolf, who will still be a crappy villain.

Uxas (pre-Omega Force Darkseid) was originally the leader of the first invasion of Earth. The theatrical cut replaced him with Steppenwolf. There was a fight scene between Uxas and Ares that was filmed and will be part of the new cut. Darkseid will also be present at the end of the film and have snippets throughout, mostly involving Cyborg.

Overall it seems he'll have about as much screen time in this movie as Thanos did in all pre-Infinity War MCU movies and credit scenes combined, maybe slightly more.

As you said, Steppenwolf will still be the primary antagonist. I just hope Snyder is able to change his design.

Edited by seminoles1

25 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I thought I read Jeffrey Dean Morgan was going to be in the Flash movie as Batman too. Was that just fake news? 

I think those were just rumors since he played Thomas Wayne in BvS. He expressed interest in doing that, but nothing was ever confirmed.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I thought I read Jeffrey Dean Morgan was going to be in the Flash movie as Batman too. Was that just fake news? 

That was rumored to be Thomas Wayne, who is integral to the Flash Point story line in the comics. Still just a rumor though.