DC Movie Universe

devils1854

30 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Pretty much, the only reason we are getting sequels to Aquaman, Shazam, and Wonder Woman is because those made money and weren't complete train wrecks.....yet.

Wouldnt be surprised if they made a new DC universe after flashpoint if things pick up. Will people still be behind Marvel when most of the fan favorites are now gone?? Will Falcon, Thor and Hulk be able to carry the franchise now?? If we have to wait 3 or more years for the XMen to show up in the MCU it may be too late by then. This would be the perfect time to get things right with DC and WB. 

44 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

Wouldnt be surprised if they made a new DC universe after flashpoint if things pick up. Will people still be behind Marvel when most of the fan favorites are now gone?? Will Falcon, Thor and Hulk be able to carry the franchise now?? If we have to wait 3 or more years for the XMen to show up in the MCU it may be too late by then. This would be the perfect time to get things right with DC and WB. 

I do see the MCU faltering coming up but that doesn't mean anything if DC still sucks.

23 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I do see the MCU faltering coming up but that doesn't mean anything if DC still sucks.

The MCU made Iron Man and Captain America A listers that drew more than Batman and Superman at the box office.  I wouldn't be doubting them just yet.  They've made better movies with Ant-Man and the Guardians of the Galaxy.  Until they start churning out sub par movies, I'll give Fiege the benefit of the doubt.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

The MCU made Iron Man and Captain America A listers that drew more than Batman and Superman at the box office.  I wouldn't be doubting them just yet.  They've made better movies with Ant-Man and the Guardians of the Galaxy.  Until they start churning out sub par movies, I'll give Fiege the benefit of the doubt.

They have certainly earned the benefit of the doubt.

The MCU will be fine. Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Spider-Man (even without full rights, they make a ton on the toys) all made $1B. Then the X-Men and F4 to reinforce. Still have Thor, Hulk, Guardians. And maybe in a few years, Iron Man and Cap will come back.

The Flashpoint movie will allow DC to just erase their universe and rebrand it with the same actors. Maybe Pattinson becomes the new Batman in the new universe depending on how he does. In regards to Superman, I wouldn’t close the door yet on Cavill being done with the role. The other actors are fine, if they aren’t recasting Ezra Miller for his assault.They just need a cohesive story.

7 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Pretty much, the only reason we are getting sequels to Aquaman, Shazam, and Wonder Woman is because those made money and weren't complete train wrecks.....yet.

And even then, I wouldn't put it past them to muck those up, too at some point. This is WB we're talking about here.

17 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Agreed.  Aquaman should be good.  Im hesitant about the others, but we will see.

21 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Apparently Ryan Reynolds pitched a Deadpool vs the MCU movie. Will never happen, but man that would be awesome.

Or they could do a "Deadpool kills the Fox Universe" and have him literally kill all the name stars involved and tie a bow on all the old X-Men stuff.  Imagine him killing Fassbender and McKellen, McAvoy and Stewart, Lawrence and Romijn, Turner and Jansen, Hoult, Peters, Sheridan and Marsden, Kitsch, Paquin, and then finish the movie off with a showdown against Hugh Jackman.  It'd be awesome and would delay them having to integrate Deadpool into the actual MCU.

• Like 3

So Marvel made a tree into an mega star.

DC botched the layups they had with Superman and Batman. 

I trust Marvel to make a D- comic book more entertaining than anything DC has to offer. And this is coming from someone who used to be a DC person...I guess. I don't really have an allegiance to either one, but it seems pretty obvious that Marvel is significantly better at producing films than DC. Can it turn around? Absolutely. But I am ultra skeptical given the poop that was Justice League.

I loved Man of Steel and jizzed in my pants during all three Nolan Batman films. Aquaman was enjoyable and Wonder Woman wasn't bad. The rest of their stuff has been hot garbage.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

And this is coming from someone who used to be a DC person...I guess.

I much prefer the DC fair in the comic medium at the moment. Batman has been on a glorious run since Scott Snyder took over for new 52 and Tom King picked up the baton and ran with it nicely at the start of rebirth. I do not know why they don't get some of these comic writers more involved in the films. They know how to make a story that fits the overall narrative of the comic universe, have them work on it even if they aren't the main writers. I know some might throw Geof Johns in my face here, but that man has the power to do what he wants because he isnt just a writer anymore. Plus, the dude is crazy overrated, gets too much good will for Blackest Night. 

44 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I loved Man of Steel and jizzed in my pants during all three Nolan Batman films. Aquaman was enjoyable and Wonder Woman wasn't bad. The rest of their stuff has been hot garbage.

Shazam was great and Joker was solid, though I know it wasn't everyone's cup of tea.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Shazam was great and Joker was solid, though I know it wasn't everyone's cup of tea.

I dont much consider Joker a DC movie.   I know it was based on an iconic DC character, but it was only loosely tied to the Batman/DC mythos.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

So Marvel made a tree into an mega star.

DC botched the layups they had with Superman and Batman. 

I trust Marvel to make a D- comic book more entertaining than anything DC has to offer. And this is coming from someone who used to be a DC person...I guess. I don't really have an allegiance to either one, but it seems pretty obvious that Marvel is significantly better at producing films than DC. Can it turn around? Absolutely. But I am ultra skeptical given the poop that was Justice League.

I agree with pretty much all of this.

WB with control of DC characters is comparable to EA having the NFL exclusive license in gaming.....because, in both cases, I have to accept neither will ever be done as well as they should be.