DC Movie Universe

devils1854

The Flash's production designer Paul Austerberry believes Ezra Miller's performance on screen will make fans forget the actor's offscreen behavior.

full article

The girl he threw a chair in her face, leaving a giant laceration in her head won't.

Neither will I.

I want to support Michael Keyton's return as Batman as much as the next person, but they're making it really hard. There's actually a real chance Ezra stays if this movie does well.

Edited by KManX89

16 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

The girl he threw a chair in her face, leaving a giant laceration in her head won't.

Neither will I.

I want to support Michael Keyton's return as Batman as much as the next person, but they're making it really hard. There's actually a real chance Ezra stays if this movie does well.

Nor the people whose passports he took. Literally human trafficking and worse actions occurred.

12 minutes ago, Mox said:

There are rumors that Gunn is bringing over Bradley Cooper to be his Batman. Which seems like a pretty damn solid casting.

I wouldn't have ever picked it, but he's definitely an actor that I would give a chance to do it.

So it seems his Batman will be older compared to Superman? 

23 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I wouldn't have ever picked it, but he's definitely an actor that I would give a chance to do it.

So it seems his Batman will be older compared to Superman? 

Probably but he can also pass for much younger.

I'm a big Bradley Cooper fan, the dude is immensely talented, so I'm sure he'd do a good job, but he's also 48 years old already.  10 years ago, that would have been a slam dunk.  The problem you have with Batman is you need some longevity from that role if you are going to have any kind of connected universe.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm a big Bradley Cooper fan, the dude is immensely talented, so I'm sure he'd do a good job, but he's also 48 years old already.  10 years ago, that would have been a slam dunk.  The problem you have with Batman is you need some longevity from that role if you are going to have any kind of connected universe.

I think that'd be a bigger problem for your average 48 year old. At 60 he'll still probably look like he's 45.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

I agree...but unfortunately, this Batman is already pairing up with Damien Wayne....so a Batman is going to have to be older.

Still, Cooper is too old.   They need to cast someone 10 years younger and make them APPEAR older.

6 minutes ago, 43M said:

I agree...but unfortunately, this Batman is already pairing up with Damien Wayne....so a Batman is going to have to be older.

Still, Cooper is too old.   They need to cast someone 10 years younger and make them APPEAR older.

I really hate that they're just jumping into Damien without first doing Richard, Jason, and Tim. Hate it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I really hate that they're just jumping into Damien without first doing Richard, Jason, and Tim. Hate it.

Me too.  Especially since that means another past his prime Batman that skips over 20+ years of his story.    Not that you need an origin story or even another early career Batman...but a 50 year old Batman to START the DCU?  No.

I said it a ton of times....the Trinity plus good villains need to be the focus of a successful DCU.   Snyderverse had the right idea,  but awful execution.  The Gunn universe may be executed better, but I think its a flawed vision.   Its still early, so Im not saying it wont be good or cannot succeed, but I personally believe they are taking the wrong approach, especially in a time when comic movie fatigue is setting in.    

Batman should be the nucleus ala Iron Man, with Supes and Wonder Woman being his Thor and Captain America.    Find a great Lex Luthor actor and have him create the the Legion of Doom.  

But Gunn wants to push all these absolutely unknown characters out the gate, and its not going to work.   People point out Guardians of the Galaxy, but that was a)  after the MCU had hooked everyone and gained trust and b) in the heart of the comic movie craze.....neither luxury he will have kicking off the DCU.

I just want to point something out…

Has it been confirmed that Batman is going to be older or even that anything @kingseanjohn or @43M are saying is true?

I don’t know much about the comics, and I could be wrong, but is it or is it not possible that Batman could still be in his early 40’s only to find out about Damien, who is in his early 20’s?

Because I was also pretty disappointed we weren’t going to see Batman starting this whole thing out in Gotham before bigger superheroes started coming around.

At the same time, I don’t hate the idea of Batman having been around for a while. I just want him to stick around for the duration of this connected universe.

47 minutes ago, MacReady said:

I just want to point something out…

Has it been confirmed that Batman is going to be older or even that anything @kingseanjohn or @43M are saying is true?

I don’t know much about the comics, and I could be wrong, but is it or is it not possible that Batman could still be in his early 40’s only to find out about Damien, who is in his early 20’s?

Because I was also pretty disappointed we weren’t going to see Batman starting this whole thing out in Gotham before bigger superheroes started coming around.

At the same time, I don’t hate the idea of Batman having been around for a while. I just want him to stick around for the duration of this connected universe.

In most incarnations of Batman, he starts his career, at earliest, around 25, after years of travelling and training.

He usually meets Damien when he is still a child and has already been trained by the League of Assassins, but a child fighting crime in live action never looks quite right.

Conceivably, you could make it so that Bruce met Talia during his training years in his early 20s and knocked her up...but usually Talia falls in love with BATMAN and drugs him in order to have his love child, since a fully sentient Batman is a master at...ahem..."escaping".

Oh...and there is also the rumor that Bradley Cooper is up for the role.  The movie is set to come out in 2027, and he will be 52 at that point.   Even if Cooper LOOKS younger, I cant see him sticking around for 15 more years with appearances in a bunch of movies ala RDJ as Iron Man. 

Even if Cooper isnt ultimately cast, it shows the age range they are looking for, which makes sense given Damien Wayne is in it.

I just wish theyd save the Damien Wayne story for later and start with Batman in his mid 30s.   Build up to that.   That was part of the issue with Snyders Batman too.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mox said:

Hard to tell what's legit or not at this point. There is another rumor that Gunn talked to Cooper about playing Lex, not Batman.

There's also the rumor of Nicholas Hoult playing Lex, so those two age wise are pretty far apart. Interesting. 

• Like 1