DC Movie Universe

devils1854

The Flash was my favorite character growing up, and I absolutely love Flashpoint as a story, and even I can't bring myself to go see this in theaters. My wife asked me if I wanted to go see it this weekend, and I kind of just don't care. Not shocked at all it's a box office bust, even if it's better than some of the other DC stuff has been. So ready for this all to die and start over from scratch.

51 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

The Flash was my favorite character growing up, and I absolutely love Flashpoint as a story, and even I can't bring myself to go see this in theaters. My wife asked me if I wanted to go see it this weekend, and I kind of just don't care. Not shocked at all it's a box office bust, even if it's better than some of the other DC stuff has been. So ready for this all to die and start over from scratch.

It's not a bad movie but you can just toss on the animated version.

17 hours ago, MacReady said:

Andy isn’t a bad director. He was given a bad actor and had **** producers.

While that MAY be the case, he actively defended Ezra Miller and said no one else could play Flash better and would not recast him.    That alone made me lose almost all faith in him.

And before anyone says he was just trying to hype up the film and didn't want to throw the lead actor under the bus, he shouldve just kept his mouth shut altogether, instead of defending a terrible person most people didn't want and also spoiling major cameos weeks before the movie came out.   

Personally, I dont see Gunn turning things around for WB/DC.   I think they've lost too much faith with moviegoers, and I think superhero fatigue has set in.   The Batman 2 and Joker 2 should do well, but I dont think the Gunnverse will ever make it out of "Chapter 1".

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 43M said:

While that MAY be the case, he actively defended Ezra Miller and said no one else could play Flash better and would not recast him.    That alone made me lose almost all faith in him.

And before anyone says he was just trying to hype up the film and didn't want to throw the lead actor under the bus, he shouldve just kept his mouth shut altogether, instead of defending a terrible person most people didn't want and also spoiling major cameos weeks before the movie came out.   

Personally, I dont see Gunn turning things around for WB/DC.   I think they've lost too much faith with moviegoers, and I think superhero fatigue has set in.   The Batman 2 and Joker 2 should do well, but I dont think the Gunnverse will ever make it out of "Chapter 1".

Literally nobody in Hollywood is going to attack someone who identifies as they/them. It's just not in the current culture of Hollywood.

Everybody has to stand behind Miller before they quietly abandon him.

1 hour ago, MacReady said:

Literally nobody in Hollywood is going to attack someone who identifies as they/them. It's just not in the current culture of Hollywood.

I was just about to say, its easy to take that stand (and do so loudly) from a message board/on the internet and not while Billions of dollars and your entire career are on the line.

7 hours ago, 43M said:

I think they've lost too much faith with moviegoers, and I think superhero fatigue has set in. 

I'd buy this. The secondary Marvel characters don't appeal to me, DC's new lineup doesn't, and I think I do in fact have that fatigue. Instead of opening weekend stuff, I wait till WOM hits, or I watch it on a plane, or whatever.

Unless it's Batman, I will always watch Batman. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I'd buy this. The secondary Marvel characters don't appeal to me, DC's new lineup doesn't, and I think I do in fact have that fatigue. Instead of opening weekend stuff, I wait till WOM hits, or I watch it on a plane, or whatever.

Unless it's Batman, I will always watch Batman. 

I don't think it's so much "super hero fatigue" as it is they just haven't been putting out good content. 

Marvel has been trying to rush things and put out way too much content at one time rather than focusing on just making a good individual movie. DC has never had a solid plan and has been all over the place from the get-go, so their content has just been awful as a whole. 

Couple that with people not really having the $40-50+ to go see a movie in a crowded theater with a bunch of people who can't sit down and shut up (not to mention the added factor of worrying about getting shot)...it just isn't worth it to go see a movie that could end up being awful. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, 43M said:

Yep, he could've done what James Gunn did and said "we'll see how it goes (therapy and whatnot)". I get that they're not gonna say he's done before the movie even comes out, but to act like AM couldn't have answered that any other way without throwing his lead under the bus is nonsense.

And don't even think of comparing it to the Miranda is Talia/Garfield in NWH responses, those weren't the same situation at all. Marion and Andrew had no choice but to (falsely, because of course they did, lol) deny said rumors, anything other than an outright "no, I'm not Talia/in NWH, next question please" would've got said actors in deep shyt with their respective studio. An answer of "maybe/I can't answer that because I'm NDA'ed" would be too obvious, so there ultimately was no other way for them to respond to that. Take it up with the dipshyts asking them about stuff they know damn well they're not allowed to reveal.

Edited by KManX89

7 hours ago, MacReady said:

Not wrong, but publicly defending a complete psycho POS isnt going to win over most movie goers.

10 hours ago, D82 said:

I don't think it's so much "super hero fatigue" as it is they just haven't been putting out good content. 

I think it can be both, but you're right, the quality of movies has lessened. I bring that back to the characters too though, some of them are harder to invest in. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I think it can be both, but you're right, the quality of movies has lessened. I bring that back to the characters too though, some of them are harder to invest in. 

I have a hard time buying the superhero fatigue. There’s about what 3/4 movies a year. Yet people will binge 3-4 seasons worth of a tv show in a couple days.

Most of the marvel films still did good at the box office, they just seem to have this expectation that if they don’t hit a billion dollars it’s a failure somehow. 

just last year marvel had two films go over 850 million worldwide, also Thor L&T at over 750 million even with bad reviews. Spiderman had over billion the year before that. Also GOTG3 is over 850 million this year. 

DC is a dumpster fire at the moment, their box office has more to do with the quality of films and people knowing the universe is resetting.

Edited by Fresh Prince

On 6/20/2023 at 8:36 AM, 43M said:

Everything I've heard about the upcoming slate of movies sounds terrible. 

• Like 1