2022 MLB Discussion/Game Day Thread

beekay414

49 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Now all we need is for the Sox to get someone that actually plays first base. We need Josh Bell worst than bad. We need to stop playing outfielders at first base.

Word is Josh Bell is there for the taking.......you just have to outbid HOU.

7 hours ago, TLO said:

The sad thing is that if Trout was with another team, they’d manage this and he’d be fine. With the angels staff, it’ll turn into a career ender. 

Arte Moreno, John Carpino, Perry Minasian, the entire front office, the entire training staff, and the entire coaching staff all need to be launched into the sun. 

Supposedly teams are checking in on Ohtani. You expect he'll want to stick around? Would the fan base burn down the stadium if they moved him?

4 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Now all we need is for the Sox to get someone that actually plays first base. We need Josh Bell worst than bad. We need to stop playing outfielders at first base. 

KC robbed us for Benny and then KC got robbed for Benny 

Bells sucks at first.

Also, Sox are selling 

On 7/28/2022 at 7:03 AM, Leader said:

Supposedly teams are checking in on Ohtani. You expect he'll want to stick around? Would the fan base burn down the stadium if they moved him?

I don't see Moreno dealing one of his stars, but man, that would be awesome to get at least one of him or Trout out of purgatory.  

8 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

wtf they have money. why is this an issue

If Trout can't play and Ohtani is moved, is there any reason ever to go to an Angels game? I cannot see this happening.

I've seen projected trades for Soto. I can't even imagine what it would take to get Ohtani. Seems like the amount it would take would be prohibitively expensive for any team to even consider.

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

If Trout can't play and Ohtani is moved, is there any reason ever to go to an Angels game? I cannot see this happening.

I've seen projected trades for Soto. I can't even imagine what it would take to get Ohtani. Seems like the amount it would take would be prohibitively expensive for any team to even consider.

The article says they’ve been asking teams for their top 4 prospects. 

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Cheap tickets? I rememeber during one of the Nats bad seasons, Diamond Club tickets were going for $50.

The Diamond Club were seats behind home plate with all you can eat food and booze. I easily saved money over my normal cheap tickets and paying for concessions.

5 hours ago, Slateman said:

Cheap tickets? I rememeber during one of the Nats bad seasons, Diamond Club tickets were going for $50.

The Diamond Club were seats behind home plate with all you can eat food and booze. I easily saved money over my normal cheap tickets and paying for concessions.

$50 for a ticket and all i can eat food and booze is the heist of a lifetime. I’d pay that to watch paint dry if it came with food and booze

• Like 2