2022 MLB Discussion/Game Day Thread

beekay414

29 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

A $4 milion salary, with impending arbitration raises, is cheap for pretty much everyone but the Rays.  It's very possible that Meadow's production can be matched by a rookie making the league minimum.  It's what the Rays have always done and they seem to end up on the right side of these gambles far more often than not.

I get it on the arbitration raises, but that’s next year. They sold real low on him. While the Rays not value 3 years of service time remaining, almost every other team does. If he has a big year and they just pay the 4 million they can get a kings ransom for him with two years remaining. 

50 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I don't really follow any other team except the Royals. I feel like the answer is yes, but are the Padres expected to suck this year? And has anyone ever attended an opening day weekend game there?

Padres should be good this year if they get Tatis back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Jose Ramirez about to sign a 5 year $124 million contract extension with Cleveland, which will double their payroll in 2 years when it takes effect.

Part of me is pumped and then the other side is pain because they've done literally nothing else this offseason. 

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Jose Ramirez about to sign a 5 year $124 million contract extension with Cleveland, which will double their payroll in 2 years when it takes effect.

Does he represent himself?  If not, he needs to fire that agent immediately.  

45 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Why do the schedule makers ever have opening day games in undomed parks in the north?  

It’s so annoying. Now I have to wait until tomorrow to watch opening day for the M’s. Teams that are in these areas should be required to have domes or retractable roofs. 

6 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

It’s so annoying. Now I have to wait until tomorrow to watch opening day for the M’s. Teams that are in these areas should be required to have domes or retractable roofs. 

A dome on Wrigley or Fenway would be blasphemy.  Just don't schedule games there the first 2 weeks.

• Like 3