A second grand jury in another Texas county has convened to hear evidence against QB Deshaun Watson

buno67

1 minute ago, Chiefer said:

So many Chiefs fans left because Tyreek became a Chief.

i wonder if theyre coming back now

Yeah just like the Ravens fans who left when Ray “allegedly” killed a couple dudes en route to a DPOY and Super Bowl.

This is going to be fun for a little while, but it is almost certainly going nowhere. The Browns HAD to have known this was coming before trading for him.

That said, this is just one blip on the radar. This will likely continue through his tenure in the NFL. He will be constantly looking over his shoulder waiting to see if his past will catch up to him. 

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

It becomes a bit more speculative if it's a money grab or not when it's 1 or 2.

Should we look at statistics for those who speak up vs those who don’t with serial predators?

Or would anecdotal evidence from people I know who went out with Ben at Miami U help?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

So this I guess only applies to our favorite teams and players. Got it. Doubling down on it is actually my exact point.

Tell that to those two women, especially if what they alleged happened actually happened. Plus he was a predator at Miami U as well, but I guess that doesn’t matter.

Not remotely does it apply to Ben/Pittsburgh.  I'm not condoning his actions at all. 

It absolutely matters. I've never thought Ben was a good person.  I think the NFL puts talent over problem. That is wrong. It's also why I said I wouldn't wish this situation on any franchise. We have been through it and it's a narrative that remains with a player (as it should) but also an organization. 

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

No, he "allegedly" didn't rat on his friend who definitely killed the other guy.

And his white tux allegedly disappeared and allegedly he wasn’t an accomplice and allegedly would have done serious time if he allegedly wasn’t awesome at football 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Should we look at statistics for those who speak up vs those who don’t with serial predators?

Or would anecdotal evidence from people I know who went out with Ben at Miami U help?

I think Ben was guilty and I think the # of women who falsely accuse people of such actions (while it does happen) is extremely minimal.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

This is going to be fun for a little while, but it is almost certainly going nowhere. The Browns HAD to have known this was coming before trading for him.

That said, this is just one blip on the radar. This will likely continue through his tenure in the NFL. He will be constantly looking over his shoulder waiting to see if his past will catch up to him. 

2dmk14.jpg?a457680

Edited by NudeTayne

Just now, MWil23 said:

I’m rooting for scorched earth here. Put Watson in prison. Make Haslem sell the team. Expose the “shield” for who they are in the Dolphins Flores suit. I want mayhem.

I agree with this. I also think Roger Goodell needs to be replaced. 

Integrity needs to be prioritized over talent. 

• Like 2

Just now, wwhickok said:

I think Ben was guilty and I think the # of women who falsely accuse people of such actions (while it does happen) is extremely minimal.

But it’s different because there were only 2 and he was a Steeler. Like I said, I get why we as fans can separate the person from the team, because at the end of the day it’s short for fanatic and I just care about celebrities in as much as they can do that.

However, to clutch pearls with other teams is what I take issue with. At least I respect our beloved mod FGK who left and told webby he was done.