A second grand jury in another Texas county has convened to hear evidence against QB Deshaun Watson

buno67

No matter what comes out of this, Cleveland didn't do the research they should have. Unless they talked to all of the alleged victims, lawyers, reviewed the case, etc they simply did not research this properly.

If something does come out of this, not only will it be the worst move/decision/transaction in the history of the NFL, Jim Haslam should be forced to sell the team.

• Like 2

Cleveland just freaked out, that's all it comes down to. 

They went after Watson and then when they lost out and the talk about Baker had gotten out and then he had asked for a trade, they just completely spazzed and didn't care. They thought that this would salvage the optics of how they handled Baker / QB situation because "they got their guy" 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

Cleveland just freaked out, that's all it comes down to. 

They went after Watson and then when they lost out and the talk about Baker had gotten out and then he had asked for a trade, they just completely spazzed and didn't care. They thought that this would salvage the optics of how they handled Baker / QB situation because "they got their guy" 

100%. Watson did not want Cleveland. But when Cleveland offered a fully guaranteed $230M contract, he didn't care what happened after that, he was all in for being traded there. 

This was a horrible decision, imo, no matter what. $230M fully guaranteed, there's a reason teams don't do it.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The Browns said they did their research, but from everything I've read and seen, the only research they did was spending time with Watson (30 minutes) and meeting with 3 women on Watson's defense team. None of the accusers have met with the NFL or Browns (to my knowledge). It's a complete sham. Nobody in the NFL or the Browns are actually trying to get to the bottom of anything.

As far as the NFL aspect of this goes - if the Browns were fine with trading for him and then giving him a fully guaranteed contract at $250M even with 22 pending civil lawsuits - I sincerely doubt that another grand jury convening to review evidence is going to somehow give them pause.

They made their bed, now they must lie in it.

This is only half of it.

The NFL has never suspended Watson or put him on the Exempt list because they didn't have to since he wasn't trying to play. There needs to be not only a full explanation of why Cleveland traded for him, but why the NFL sanctioned that trade despite fully admitting they were postponing any decision until after Watson's legal troubles were resolved.

In our hurry to rightfully murder the Browns, we also need to make sure we stop by Goodell's house.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 9

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I mean tbh, a single season suspension should be the minimum penalty. But I agree. I think 34 games is in order. 

A worse punishment would be for him to just play out this contract in Cleveland, in a win now or else season, in a loaded afc, while their jettisoning off their best players, while having reduced draft picks, lol. 

Edited by SMashMouthMike

1 minute ago, SMashMouthMike said:

A worse punishment would be for him to just play out this contract in Cleveland, in a win now or else season, in a loaded afc, while their jettisoning off their best layers, while having reduced draft picks, lol. 

Truth. Fact is, next season he has a $60M cap hit. If he is found guilty, they'll then need to get another QB, while paying $60M for one that likely gets cut, and having to let their best guys hit free agency because they can't afford to pay anyone.