A second grand jury in another Texas county has convened to hear evidence against QB Deshaun Watson

buno67

The Browns said they did their research, but from everything I've read and seen, the only research they did was spending time with Watson (30 minutes) and meeting with 3 women on Watson's defense team. None of the accusers have met with the NFL or Browns (to my knowledge). It's a complete sham. Nobody in the NFL or the Browns are actually trying to get to the bottom of anything.

As far as the NFL aspect of this goes - if the Browns were fine with trading for him and then giving him a fully guaranteed contract at $250M even with 22 pending civil lawsuits - I sincerely doubt that another grand jury convening to review evidence is going to somehow give them pause.

They made their bed, now they must lie in it.

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The Browns said they did their research, but from everything I've read and seen, the only research they did was spending time with Watson (30 minutes) and meeting with 3 women on Watson's defense team. None of the accusers have met with the NFL or Browns (to my knowledge). It's a complete sham. Nobody in the NFL or the Browns are actually trying to get to the bottom of anything.

As far as the NFL aspect of this goes - if the Browns were fine with trading for him and then giving him a fully guaranteed contract at $250M even with 22 pending civil lawsuits - I sincerely doubt that another grand jury convening to review evidence is going to somehow give them pause.

They made their bed, now they must lie in it.

This is the team that disregarded a paid research team that said draft Teddy Bridgewater and instead drafted Johnny Dip**** because a homeless man said so.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, biggie. said:

This is the team that disregarded a paid research team that said draft Teddy Bridgewater and instead drafted Johnny Dip**** because a homeless man said so.

The common factor is Jimmy Haslam. He had the hard on for Manziel and apparently a hard on Watson…hopefully he doesn’t drop the towel

• Like 2