A second grand jury in another Texas county has convened to hear evidence against QB Deshaun Watson

buno67

Just now, NateDawg said:

Truthfully I’d gladly lose all those draft picks for nothing if Deshaun could just get charged here and be done with this ugly era that is to come if that’s the only out here. Skeptical but it’s my last hope.

Browns fans need to probably just stay off twitter for 24 hours. A whole lot of self-described 'capologists' are going to have fun saying this kills the franchise for a decade, but the first rule of the salary cap is that every dollar actually paid is what counts, and if Watson is found guilty, he's not getting paid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Browns fans need to probably just stay off twitter for 24 hours. A whole lot of self-described 'capologists' are going to have fun saying this kills the franchise for a decade, but the first rule of the salary cap is that every dollar actually paid is what counts, and if Watson is found guilty, he's not getting paid.

I’m far from a cap expert, but I’m glad they have an out for that. I thought they 100% guaranteed it.

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Browns fans need to probably just stay off twitter for 24 hours.

200w.gif?cid=82a1493b3hqje8j6jsrjqtnl1ja

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

but the first rule of the salary cap is that every dollar actually paid is what counts, and if Watson is found guilty, he's not getting paid.

Yes and this is my last hope because I feel like the days ahead of he’s playing here will be stained and much less enjoyable (regardless the outcome). 

If losing 6 draft picks for no return is the result then good, it is at least the spank on the bottom the ownership and FO deserves here and nothing would make me happier.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:
5 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

but the first rule of the salary cap is that every dollar actually paid is what counts, and if Watson is found guilty, he's not getting paid.

Yes and this is my last hope because I feel like the days ahead of he’s playing here will be stained and much less enjoyable (regardless the outcome). 

If losing 6 draft picks for no return is the result then good, it is at least the spank on the bottom the ownership and FO deserves here and nothing would make me happier.

I don't really think there's anything you need to hope for. The only money he'd even have access to is the signing bonus, and if you listen to rookie interviews it doesn't sound like the signing bonus is 100% deposited the day you sign.

Anything that's written to Watson is gone if he's guilty, since he'd have to settle other creditors/pay out lawsuits, but the idea that the Browns are going to pay Watson $230MM while he sits in jail is Steeler/Ravens/Bengals fanfiction.

• Like 2