A second grand jury in another Texas county has convened to hear evidence against QB Deshaun Watson

buno67

27 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

And i will say this, I feel bad for some of the Cleveland fans, the ones that weren't on board with this move and still aren't. This move, I mean it's gonna set this franchise back years if it goes sideways. 

It’s impossible to set this franchise back. It’s been almost 30 years of misery since this team was moved. Who cares at this point. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

It’s impossible to set this franchise back. It’s been almost 30 years of misery since this team was moved. Who cares at this point. 

Your old team won a superbowl though, so you can revel in that at least.

They were basically the Browns

18 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Browns fans need to probably just stay off twitter for 24 hours. A whole lot of self-described 'capologists' are going to have fun saying this kills the franchise for a decade, but the first rule of the salary cap is that every dollar actually paid is what counts, and if Watson is found guilty, he's not getting paid.

Watson goes to jail 

The Browns pay him nothing

They pay 3 firsts for nothing and go in the tank and lose the 1st pick of the 2023 draft

It’s the most Browns thing to happen

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Watson goes to jail 

The Browns pay him nothing

They pay 3 firsts for nothing and go in the tank and lose the 1st pick of the 2023 draft

It’s the most Browns thing to happen

Yeah well Lamar might be a FA after next year you could throw $250M fully guaranteed at him!

20 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Browns fans need to probably just stay off twitter for 24 hours. A whole lot of self-described 'capologists' are going to have fun saying this kills the franchise for a decade, but the first rule of the salary cap is that every dollar actually paid is what counts, and if Watson is found guilty, he's not getting paid.

If they have an out for that, that's good. Good on them. But if they don't, then I mean, they fully guaranteed this contract. 

Having said that I wouldn't wish this situation on any franchise. But this falls squarely on the shoulders of Jim Haslam.

This entire situation was handled poorly from the word go.

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Video of the Browns discussing Watson's case:

Their statement “doing their homework” last week got me about 50 likes from a sarcastic rant and probably ignored by 5 Browns fans.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SWATcha said:

I read Watson has to take his physical. Could the Browns just fail him and the whole deal rescinds?

Looks like he already did:

And it looks like Cleveland already knew.