A second grand jury in another Texas county has convened to hear evidence against QB Deshaun Watson

buno67

1 minute ago, 43M said:

There are idiots in every fanbase who will defend their favorite players no matter what they do or what kind of person they are.   

That’s my point. It’s hilariously ironic, and I’d argue it’s the norm and not an outlier.

18 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I mean I think there's at least some of us that can appreciate his onfield talent while still condemning his off field character. 

Having said that, there's a big difference between being accused by 2 ppl and being accused by 22 people.

About 20 people 

• Like 1

Just now, wwhickok said:

Also for those wanting to know, according to NFL Radio on Sirius XM, the Browns were aware of this 2nd case prior to trading for Cleveland. 

“We did our due diligence and homework” says franchise who says they didn’t speak to any victims so they could “respect the legal process”

• Like 4

Just now, MWil23 said:

That’s my point. It’s hilariously ironic, and I’d argue it’s the norm and not an outlier.

I think it'd be hard to argue against that especially when you look at other social media platforms.

I'll say this, Cleveland fans don't need anyone coming in here telling them how bad this is or how bad to feel because I think its fair to say they're already feeling it. They don't need anyone's help.

Just now, wwhickok said:

I'll say this, Cleveland fans don't need anyone coming in here telling them how bad this is or how bad to feel because I think its fair to say they're already feeling it. They don't need anyone's help.

There’s a reason over half of our forum that accounts for Top 3 forum activity doesn’t come out of our forum.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

“We did our due diligence and homework” says franchise who says they didn’t speak to any victims so they could “respect the legal process”

Yes. See that's what I take issue with as an person. It's a joke. You can't say you did your due diligence if you didn't speak to alleged victims.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 43M said:

It's easy to dunk on the Browns....but Im not going to.

If nothing came out of the first go around, I doubt anything comes of this, TBH. 

I would legit feel terrible for (most) Browns fans if anything did happen to screw all this up.    They have suffered long enough.    As a Steeler fan, Im supposed to hate them....but I cant.     They have a passionate and loyal fanbase who deserves to see their team be successful for once in their lives.

I cant imagine being a fan of a team that is constantly incompetent and almost never competitive....(remembers Im a Pittsburgh Pirates fan).....oh....nevermind. 

Just like its easy to be a bandwagon fan of a team where I've never been. I'm from Cleveland and will never rep any team or area that im not from. People can talk crap about Cleveland which is fine, that's what low hanging fruit does. Having pride in where they are from is just as much a reason why people are Browns fans, being a Browns fan means you are hard, you are a grinder, you are a hard worker, its easy to make fun of people like that but its people like that, that built this country and this game for that fact. 

I'm going to go ahead and say it, unlike 98% of you in here, I'm going to give Watson the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise and I will rail his a** as he should be, but also lets keep it real, what he did is no different than what Roethlisburger, Ray Lewis, Joe Mixon or Tyreek Hill did, I just have sense enough to know these are bad dudes, you all are complete fools for expecting these guys to be choir boys, this is entertainment, not real life, there are guys who do the same thing in other sports, owners of teams, entertainment and even into politics and these same 98% in here and only rail on it when it is convenient to them. And I already know the snively response if there is no evidence that comes from those 22 civil suits, it will be "wEll, jUsT BeCaUsE tHeRE WuZ nO eViDeNcE, iT dOeSnT mEaN hE dIdN't dO iT" 🙄

Dudes are corny...

6 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

weird way to describe a scenario where a sexual predator goes to prison and isn't able to play football again but okay

I was talking about Browns fans having to deal with yet another massive disappointment....whether its due to bad luck, front office incompetence, etc...

I dont care what happens to Watson.

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

What do you mean? They definitely did their due dilligence.

They watched Deshaun Watson All-22 film from his first 3 years to know exactly the type of player they were getting!

What I find frustrating is, maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but how hasn't the league come out and made a statement and frankly handed down a penalty yet? I mean, according to their own conduct policy you don't have to be convicted to be suspended. 

You suspended Ridley for a full season for gambling $1500 on games. With the utmost respect to fans, if this guy gets less than an entire season it's laughable. Anyone, whom was accused in the past and anyone accused it the future should miss a minimum of 1 season imo.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

What do you mean? They definitely did their due dilligence.

They watched Deshaun Watson All-22 film from his first 3 years to know exactly the type of player they were getting!

Here’s the unpopular truth:

Jimmy Haslem saw the Rams go from a playoff team to Super Bowl winner by trading Goff for Stafford and put a gun to the nerds heads and making them do the same, which isn’t a bluff given his track record for maniacal firings and messing with draft picks and quarterbacks. And here we are.

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

What I find frustrating is, maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but how hasn't the league come out and made a statement and frankly handed down a penalty yet? I mean, according to their own conduct policy you don't have to be convicted to be suspended. 

You suspended Ridley for a full season for gambling $1500 on games. With the utmost respect to fans, if this guy gets less than an entire season it's laughable. Anyone, whom was accused in the past and anyone accused it the future should miss a minimum of 1 season imo.

I think the league could argue "time served" for the 2021 season. I wouldn't agree with it but I imagine any suspension will be less than 1 season in 2022 with that logic in mind.