Saints sign S Daniel Sorensen

TheKillerNacho

Dan is a great teammate, great guy with a knack for making just enough big plays to make the fact that he is a liability.  Last season, his big plays just weren’t there…it was basically all liability.  

But it’s not all on him, our coaching staff had an issue with Thornhill and refused to play there obviously better player to the detriment of the team costing us at least two games.

As a special teams guy, he’s fast enough, can hit and can locate the ball.  If you expect him to turn and cover…you’ll see his nameplate chasing the other team.

2 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

If you use him absolutely perfectly, he's an okay, but wildly inconsistent player on D, who is great on special teams.

If you use him even remotely incorrectly, he is literally the worst player in the NFL.

Good luck.

Are you familiar with Andrew Sendejo?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Are you familiar with Andrew Sendejo?

Sendejo was worse in 2020, sure, but Daniel Sorensen really raised and/or lowered the bar last year.

Daniel Sorensen's PFF grade is 16 points lower than Andrew Sendejo's.

Daniel Sorensen was roughly as likely to miss a tackle (25% missed tackle rate, highest in the league) as he was to force an incompletion (72% completion against.)

Against the Steelers last year, a game we dominated, where Sorensen played 45 snaps, he missed 100% of the tackles he attempted. An astonishing 0/3, with the third most defensive snaps that game.

8 weeks into the season, Sorensen had allowed a perfect passer rating. A couple gimme picks against the division are really all that saved it. Those picks dragged him away from his perfect season, to a mere 132.9 passer rating against.

His yards per completion against would've made Daryle Lamonica look a little too checkdown happy.

His passer rating against would've cleared the NFL record by 10 points.

I like Dan. In total, I will remember his contributions fondly. He was a necessary part of some of the biggest wins in Kansas City Chiefs history.

But last year, he was a movable force on a level I have never seen before. He was the league's worst tackler and the most targetable man in coverage all at the same time.

• Like 1

Its always funny seeing the worst players being the biggest saviors for a team. It happened for David Tyree, Malcolm Smith and more recently Dan Sorenson.

Yeah, he wasn't any good, but he was a baller and a hero for the Chief. I know some fans are cold on him now, but in time I think he'll be remembered more fondly.

He probably only has 1 more year left in him, if he's lucky enough to make the Saints roster. Maybe Dan has enough in him to be the hero one more time and help New Orleans get back to the playoffs!

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Its always funny seeing the worst players being the biggest saviors for a team. It happened for David Tyree, Malcolm Smith and more recently Dan Sorenson.

Yeah, he wasn't any good, but he was a baller and a hero for the Chief. I know some fans are cold on him now, but in time I think he'll be remembered more fondly.

He probably only has 1 more year left in him, if he's lucky enough to make the Saints roster. Maybe Dan has enough in him to be the hero one more time and help New Orleans get back to the playoffs!

It’s tough, if not for a Dee Ford penalty Dan would have been directly responsible for sending us to our first Superbowl.  His play in the play offs during our Superbowl run.  As I said fond memories, tarnished by last year.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Sendejo was worse in 2020, sure, but Daniel Sorensen really raised and/or lowered the bar last year.

Daniel Sorensen's PFF grade is 16 points lower than Andrew Sendejo's.

Daniel Sorensen was roughly as likely to miss a tackle (25% missed tackle rate, highest in the league) as he was to force an incompletion (72% completion against.)

Against the Steelers last year, a game we dominated, where Sorensen played 45 snaps, he missed 100% of the tackles he attempted. An astonishing 0/3, with the third most defensive snaps that game.

8 weeks into the season, Sorensen had allowed a perfect passer rating. A couple gimme picks against the division are really all that saved it. Those picks dragged him away from his perfect season, to a mere 132.9 passer rating against.

His yards per completion against would've made Daryle Lamonica look a little too checkdown happy.

His passer rating against would've cleared the NFL record by 10 points.

I like Dan. In total, I will remember his contributions fondly. He was a necessary part of some of the biggest wins in Kansas City Chiefs history.

But last year, he was a movable force on a level I have never seen before. He was the league's worst tackler and the most targetable man in coverage all at the same time.

Harrowing account

9 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

As much as dirty dan wasnt good. He always seems to make a big game changing play. 

Dan Sorensen is an absolute game changer.

Whether he's changing the game for good or bad is always in question, but he's a game changer for sure.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

This guy was like Ed Reed every time the Broncos played him. 

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

Always seemed for the good against the Chargers.. so wont miss him 

He definitely played some of his best football against the division. Divisional opponents and playoff games.

Such a weird career.