Terry Mac pay the man

ripsean21

1 hour ago, DCNative said:

You and @turtle28 can continue this train of thought. I know exactly what I'm talking about. So do all the rest of the teams in the league that have signed players with worst or about the same cap space as Washington. The goal is to win a Superbowl not a discussion with you guys. 

I feel like if being argumentative is your thing, that’s cool. I was very much like that when I first started on this board almost 20 years ago, and everybody should be able to communicate how they choose (within the rules). But I do think you have to be able to tell the difference between someone who is trying to argue with you and someone who is just trying to provide you useful information. 

That’s all @MikeT14 was trying to do there. You said you wanted to know how other teams are signing all these guys and said we need to “whatever they’re doing” — and Mike took the time to pull together a bunch of informative articles and quotes that would help make clear exactly what the Rams, in particular, are doing this offseason. Similar to what teams like New Orleans and Tampa Bay have done to extend their competitive windows. 

We’re all about the same thing here. We all want Washington to win all the Super Bowls — and we want to enjoy the process of winning (or losing, as the case has usually been) more, by talking about it and sharing together with fellow fans who become friends over the years. We disagree a lot, which is okay.

But one of the best things about it is that we can all sort of contribute from our own little areas of expertise and share that knowledge so that everyone else benefits from it. Some people know lots about contracts, some have a lot of X’s and O’s background, some know all the other players/teams around the league, some are great and knowledgeable college scouts, some know all the rules on the field, some have creative ideas and great plans, some are in tune with all the reporters and news coming out on social media, some have great recollection of the long history and the better days of the franchise, etc.

Whatever it is, we share it and it helps all of us understand things a little more clearly and have a better idea of how it all works and what the team should consider doing. Someone like @MikeT14 taking the time to compile all that stuff is not to try to make anybody look bad — it’s really just to help offer some insight into a very complicated issue like the most cutting edge salary cap tricks. 

I hope that as you spend more time here, you’ll see the difference between discussing and arguing. We’ve all argued with each other at times over the years, sometimes very heatedly. But most of the time, we’re honestly just discussing things and trying to figure it all out together. That’s the best part.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, e16bball said:

I feel like if being argumentative is your thing, that’s cool. I was very much like that when I first started on this board almost 20 years ago, and everybody should be able to communicate how they choose (within the rules). But I do think you have to be able to tell the difference between someone who is trying to argue with you and someone who is just trying to provide you useful information. 

That’s all @MikeT14 was trying to do there. You said you wanted to know how other teams are signing all these guys and said we need to “whatever they’re doing” — and Mike took the time to pull together a bunch of informative articles and quotes that would help make clear exactly what the Rams, in particular, are doing this offseason. Similar to what teams like New Orleans and Tampa Bay have done to extend their competitive windows. 

We’re all about the same thing here. We all want Washington to win all the Super Bowls — and we want to enjoy the process of winning (or losing, as the case has usually been) more, by talking about it and sharing together with fellow fans who become friends over the years. We disagree a lot, which is okay.

But one of the best things about it is that we can all sort of contribute from our own little areas of expertise and share that knowledge so that everyone else benefits from it. Some people know lots about contracts, some have a lot of X’s and O’s background, some know all the other players/teams around the league, some are great and knowledgeable college scouts, some know all the rules on the field, some have creative ideas and great plans, some are in tune with all the reporters and news coming out on social media, some have great recollection of the long history and the better days of the franchise, etc.

Whatever it is, we share it and it helps all of us understand things a little more clearly and have a better idea of how it all works and what the team should consider doing. Someone like @MikeT14 taking the time to compile all that stuff is not to try to make anybody look bad — it’s really just to help offer some insight into a very complicated issue like the most cutting edge salary cap tricks. 

I hope that as you spend more time here, you’ll see the difference between discussing and arguing. We’ve all argued with each other at times over the years, sometimes very heatedly. But most of the time, we’re honestly just discussing things and trying to figure it all out together. That’s the best part.

I'm not arguing with anyone. Some seem to take things that way. I'll walk away and agree to disagree. 

9 hours ago, DCNative said:

You and @turtle28 can continue this train of thought. I know exactly what I'm talking about. So do all the rest of the teams in the league that have signed players with worst or about the same cap space as Washington. The goal is to win a Superbowl not a discussion with you guys. 

I really wish you would read others posts before you just get angry and respond. As @e16bball said, @MikeT14 went through some time to put information together for you to help you. Personally, I’m glad he did it because it educated me as well.

There’s nothing to argue about, no one is actually arguing with you. We’re just trying to explain how the Donald & Kupp contracts will be a Structured and when/how their new contracts will kick in.

They’ve set each contract up so that they can still improve the team some of need be before training camp and they way they structured both Donald & Krupp’s contracts it will allow the team to stay mostly intact for several more years and remain a contender.

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I really wish you would read others posts before you just get angry and respond. As @e16bball said, @MikeT14 went through some time to put information together for you to help you. Personally, I’m glad he did it because it educated me as well.

There’s nothing to argue about, no one is actually arguing with you. We’re just trying to explain how the Donald & Kupp contracts will be a Structured and when/how their new contracts will kick in.

They’ve set each contract up so that they can still improve the team some of need be before training camp and they way they structured both Donald & Krupp’s contracts it will allow the team to stay mostly intact for several more years and remain a contender.

That's being said Washington can do the same thing but have chosen not too. Why is that so hard to understand? People breaking down Donald's and Krupp's contract only makes Washington look worst! I asked what contract does Washington have that is not allowing them to do the same as the Rams. In conclusion the answer is none. Point blank and simple. You all are more than welcome to accept things as they are without complaints but I see no where in the rules where I have to do the same thing. I will call them out on the good, bad, and ugly. Winning the Superbowl is the goal, so anything in the way of that needs to be Unacceptable. Wether it's on the players, coaches, GM, Owner, or even fans just continuing to accept things as they are. 

19 minutes ago, DCNative said:

Why would he show up? 

I thought maybe based on his character, which I think very highly of, as well as being a captain and leader, he'd still be there as support. I get why he's not, I just guessed wrong. 

10 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I thought maybe based on his character, which I think very highly of, as well as being a captain and leader, he'd still be there as support. I get why he's not, I just guessed wrong. 

His character hasn't changed. This is part of the business. He will remain a Captain and Leader of this team. 

I started a new thread on a deal for Terry. Check it out.

Just read they have reservations paying him top dollar and think they could trade him to add picks to get a franchise QB. So they think they can actually identify a Franchise QB when they passed on one for Chase Young who they compared to Ray Lewis right before 1.5 sacks in 10 games🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤦‍♂️🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤣🤣🤣🤦‍♂️🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

it’s not that I don’t love Chase I would have made the pick even though I loved Herbert because Burrow was the only guy I would have taken over Young as well. But so we trade Terry. So only a team who thinks they can contend will trade picks. And we are supposed to believe we will lose enough to make whatever we get back from Terry and ours plus whatever other future picks to package to get a team to pass on someone that if their dumb enough to notice is a franchise guy who wouldn’t just take said guy themselves🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 atleast sometimes this team can give you a good laugh at the fact they Think about thinking things coming because they’ve only changed the direction of this franchise 16 times since Ron’s been in charge 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

This team is run by idiots. It will never change. Any day now the negative Terry McLaurin stories will start circulating. My guess is he’s on a different team before the start of the season. 

Edited by lavar703

If they willingly trade Terry McLaurin away to avoid paying him, that will be as close as I’ve come to packing it in and joining the Ravens fanbase. Point blank, period. That’s the kind of kid you dream of drafting into your organization, and the idea that you’re just going to replace him with a draft pick and some extra cap space and plugging in Jahan Dotson is just downright stupid. It’s shameful.

• Like 2

If they botch this and we lose Terry I think I’ll finally be done with this team. I hate the name, hate the owner, the coach/GM is absolutely clueless and this team simply has no redeeming qualities anymore. It’s just not worth it anymore. 

• Like 1