Terry Mac pay the man

ripsean21

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Let’s see what they actually do, these could just be BS leaks from McLaurins agent.  It’s kind of a weird time to shop a player so that rumor sounds pretty bogus to me.

Now let's blame the agent instead of the Organization with a history botching these types of things. Not too far from now some will be ready to blame Terry. 

Rivera is lost.  There is no excuse for not having a contract done weeks ago.  Now the day before mandatory camp.  Zero excuse.

-If you wanted him cheap you should have extended him at the end of the regular season.  You dragged your feet and this is the result.  Market rate is market rate.   

-If you don't think he is worth it, you should have traded him before the draft.  They have zero sense of timing.

-I feel like we are going back in time to that period where we refused to pay our own guys.  Somehow we have 28 million to pay a castaway in Wentz, but won't pony up for our own guy who has already proved it in the building.  This is not culture change.   This is not building a long term locker room.  

-If the next thing I hear is we have a "team option" to keep Terry I am going to lose it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Rivera is lost.  There is no excuse for not having a contract done weeks ago.  Now the day before mandatory camp.  Zero excuse.

-If you wanted him cheap you should have extended him at the end of the regular season.  You dragged your feet and this is the result.  Market rate is market rate.   

-If you don't think he is worth it, you should have traded him before the draft.  They have zero sense of timing.

-I feel like we are going back in time to that period where we refused to pay our own guys.  Somehow we have 28 million to pay a castaway in Wentz, but won't pony up for our own guy who has already proved it in the building.  This is not culture change.   This is not building a long term locker room.  

-If the next thing I hear is we have a "team option" to keep Terry I am going to lose it.

If it comes too the last point you made then they are really trying to empty this stadium enough to relocate!!!

2 hours ago, offbyone said:

Rivera seems to think Wentz was the key to this whole thing. Thank god we can get out of this deal after this season. Maybe we’ll have a new owner and a new staff going into the 2023 season…

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Rivera seems to think Wentz was the key to this whole thing. Thank god we can get out of this deal after this season. Maybe we’ll have a new owner and a new staff going into the 2023 season…

If he thought Wentz was a homerun he would have extended him.  Ron looked at the draft and didn’t see any starting QBs, and they sniffed around trades and found out none of the vet QBs wanted to come here.  Wentz was the best option available.

Winning cures everything...

Win & Wentz gets new contract, thus increasing our cap as it would be spread over several years. Also gives us a franchise QB who we can be a consistent playoff contender with for probably 5 years & maybe more.

Win & maybe we solve the issue with players unsure about staying in Washington. (IE Payne, McLaurin & others)

Win & we can hear the tears from Dallas, N.Y. Philly fans & most importantly? All the media outlets & specially Jim Irsay eating crow for not only condemning Wentz as a player, but as a team leader & locker room problem.

Win & we will know this coaching staff is not the problem & we can finally keep some stability with this organization that we haven't seen in what seems like forever.

Win & we will start finally earning the respect this organization once had.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCNative said:

This coming from a Player that has been in the Battlefield with Terry, not someone just watching from upstairs.

Just rhetoric-every player needs to maximize his next contract . 

Edited by RSkinGM

20 minutes ago, DCNative said:

Ok what hasn't Terry done to maximize a deal worth 5 years 120 million with 60-85 million guaranteed in this day and age? 

IDK, I can't keep up with the wideout contracts. Where would that put him , top 5 ? Thats a big contract ! Devante Adams "only" got $68.5 guaranteed. 

Tyreek Hill $54 mill guaranteed.. I'm thinking 4 yrs 85 mill and $50 guranteed. I hope we sign him/ don't expect -AT ALL / I'll be the one that is totally in shock if they do it .

Everything that comes up is an issue for this team. We can’t even extend a players contract without them making it last for weeks turning into months. 
It’s not bad enough we have the worst owner in the NFL which puts a black cloud over this team, they can’t complete the everyday tasks in running this team. 
I know it’s a slow time of the year for the NFL but they always find a way to show their ineptness on how to run a franchise. 

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

IDK, I can't keep up with the wideout contracts. Where would that put him , top 5 ? Thats a big contract ! Devante Adams "only" got $68.5 guaranteed. 

Tyreek Hill $54 mill guaranteed.. I'm thinking 4 yrs 85 mill and $50 guranteed. I hope we sign him/ don't expect -AT ALL / I'll be the one that is totally in shock if they do it .

DeVante Adams only got shows whitch side of the fence your on. Players play the game We Fans love to see. Owners are Fans 1st or Imo should be. Not wealthy business men looking to make a profit off of individuals dedicated to the game of football. The only difference between me and your deal is the guaranteed money and possibly a year on the deal. I want Terry yo resign on a 5 year deal. Keep him as long as you can while you can and he is producing. Terry is going into his Prime paying him hurst Washington in no shape or form if we are talking Cap Space. The Market Value for Terry is what it is because of the Value he brings to THIS TEAM. Without Terry what other guy catching the ball is reliable? Logan Thomas than A 3rd down RB in McKenzie. Terry McLaruin has earned his Market Value deal of 20 plus per year. The only other guys to compare him to in his class are DJ Mckelf, AJ Brown, and Debo Samuel. McLaruin fits right in with those guys so he should be paid accordingly. 

16 hours ago, DCNative said:

DeVante Adams only got shows whitch side of the fence your on. Players play the game We Fans love to see. Owners are Fans 1st or Imo should be. Not wealthy business men looking to make a profit off of individuals dedicated to the game of football. The only difference between me and your deal is the guaranteed money and possibly a year on the deal. I want Terry yo resign on a 5 year deal. Keep him as long as you can while you can and he is producing. Terry is going into his Prime paying him hurst Washington in no shape or form if we are talking Cap Space. The Market Value for Terry is what it is because of the Value he brings to THIS TEAM. Without Terry what other guy catching the ball is reliable? Logan Thomas than A 3rd down RB in McKenzie. Terry McLaruin has earned his Market Value deal of 20 plus per year. The only other guys to compare him to in his class are DJ Mckelf, AJ Brown, and Debo Samuel. McLaruin fits right in with those guys so he should be paid accordingly. 

Deebo's a different cat cause he rushed 59 times 6.2 avg. so throw his comp out. McLaurin is better than A J Brown. Then there's Tyreek Hill. 

I guess I'm a bit low . I'll up my offer to 4 years $95 million and $60 guranteed with a 5th year team option for $27.5 million guranteed.  

• Like 1