Terry Mac pay the man

ripsean21

35 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Washington Commanders wide receiver Terry McLaurin is entering the final year of his contract, and there is reportedly plenty of work to do if the team that drafted him in 2019 will keep him long-term.

According to Nicki Jhabvala of the Washington Post, the two sides "remain far apart" in contract negotiations.

Jhabvala also reported McLaurin was not present for Monday's first workout of organized team activities and has been absent at workouts since the end of April's NFL draft in "an indication of the dissension in negotiations."

How “far apart” could they possibly be?

Is Terry asking for more than $25M? Is the team not coming above $20M?

This is going to piss me off until it gets done.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, e16bball said:

Terry is in a rough spot for negotiations...

3rd round pick

Rivera inherited him (didn't draft him)

McLaurin never played for Carolina

It must be about ridiculous stuff, cause it sure can't be about his ability to play football, character on & off the field, team leadership, etc.

They should be backing the brinks truck up for this dude. He's A HOFer in the making, imo.

If they lose Scary Terry. They will regret it.

You can let a Cousins walk...

You can let a Payne walk....

You don't let Terry McLaurin walk out the door ...ever.

• Like 1

You guys ! Again, they have him for 3 years at $55-60 million so no reason to pay him $85 million for 4 years . It's called business ! They have zero intention of signing him for 4 years. His value based on the contracts and comparable production is right at $20 million a year so we should offer 4 years $80 mill but the greedy agent is gonna hold out for more. I'm not at all optimistic we sign him . Another 3 rd pick in our future. 

3 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

“Just that we’ve had communication with him, are working with him. Just a matter of time,” Rivera said, via Nicki Jhabvala of the Washington Post.

The deal will get done. They just spent 100 million to try to get VA and MD to finally up their offers for two spots that they now own the land on. they aren’t going to do that then drop their most mareketable player.

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

The deal will get done. They just spent 100 million to try to get VA and MD to finally up their offers for two spots that they now own the land on. they aren’t going to do that then drop their most mareketable player.

This is the same time that just tagged a guard twice and then let him walk. Also the same owner who turned down a first round pick for a QB so he could let him walk for a 3rd round compensation pick. We do dumb stuff around here. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, e16bball said:

Yeah, if they’re lowballing him it’s ridiculous & the fans will revolt. We haven’t had a WR consistently in his class since Monk & Clark, they have to keep him. If we do the franchise dance w/ him ugh 😩 I’ll be so mad!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

You guys ! Again, they have him for 3 years at $55-60 million so no reason to pay him $85 million for 4 years . It's called business ! They have zero intention of signing him for 4 years. His value based on the contracts and comparable production is right at $20 million a year so we should offer 4 years $80 mill but the greedy agent is gonna hold out for more. I'm not at all optimistic we sign him . Another 3 rd pick in our future. 

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

12 hours ago, lavar703 said:

This is the same time that just tagged a guard twice and then let him walk. Also the same owner who turned down a first round pick for a QB so he could let him walk for a 3rd round compensation pick. We do dumb stuff around here. 

I wish people would start thinking more in this Reality oppose to Fantasy the organization is actually getting closer to a Super Bowl. You don't make Super Bowls with the decisions they have/are making now and over the years. 

19 hours ago, lavar703 said:

In fairness, and only if you believe it, we did offer him a contract to make him the highest paid guard in football. I started to get the feeling he just didn't want to be here. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

In fairness, and only if you believe it, we did offer him a contract to make him the highest paid guard in football. I started to get the feeling he just didn't want to be here. 

I wonder if it was similar to Kirks “highest offer ever” or whatever that was lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I wonder if it was similar to Kirks “highest offer ever” or whatever that was lol

I actually don't remember that one for whatever reason. But yes, the caveat of "if you choose to believe it" is important. 

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I actually don't remember that one for whatever reason. But yes, the caveat of "if you choose to believe it" is important. 

The July 2017 Bruce Allen press conference? When the deal was broken down most of the $ wasn’t actually guaranteed, just guaranteed for injury. It wasn’t a great contract offer, it was mostly monopoly $ that Dan/Bruce offered Kirk.

• Like 1