Terry Mac pay the man

ripsean21

On 5/25/2022 at 11:01 AM, MikeT14 said:

In fairness, and only if you believe it, we did offer him a contract to make him the highest paid guard in football. I started to get the feeling he just didn't want to be here. 

I had just assumed the same thing…but then he went to Jacksonville. One of the few places with an even worse on-field history than us, and a pretty turbulent organization to boot. And not even in the Midwest, as I would have understood if he wanted to be closer to “home” as his career winds down.

Just leaves me scratching my head. I feel like with the way they were talking about their contract offers to him, there’s just no way they weren’t at least in the general ballpark of 3/$50M. Right? So what gives? I really don’t know, unless the off-field bull**** with this franchise wears on the players more than many folks think it does. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, e16bball said:

I had just assumed the same thing…but then he went to Jacksonville. One of the few places with an even worse on-field history than us, and a pretty turbulent organization to boot. And not even in the Midwest, as I would have understood if he wanted to be closer to “home” as his career winds down.

Just leaves me scratching my head. I feel like with the way they were talking about their contract offers to him, there’s just no way they weren’t at least in the general ballpark of 3/$50M. Right? So what gives? I really don’t know, unless the off-field bull**** with this franchise wears on the players more than many folks think it does. 

@MikeT14 My guess is that at first glance we offered Scherff the richest guard contract in history last year but not in guaranteed $. I would be willing to wager that we did him like we did Kirk. The top like # looks awesome but when you break down the contract the guarantees are like 1/2 or less than half of that top line #.

But, unlike when Bruce was our Team President/GM from 2017-2019 there were no PR prick measuring contests, everything was kept internal by both camps by Rivera/Mayhew & by Scherff’s Agent & himself. That’s the way it should be.

• Like 1

I keep seeing articles pop-up about “if the Commanders are forced to trade McLaurin. If they don’t pay Terry than what are we doing here? What are you realistically trying to build? You can’t keep harping on character and wanting to build something great whilst moving your best player. I think they’ll get it done but if they botch this I just don’t know where you go with this regime? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I keep seeing articles pop-up about “if the Commanders are forced to trade McLaurin. If they don’t pay Terry than what are we doing here? What are you realistically trying to build? You can’t keep harping on character and wanting to build something great whilst moving your best player. I think they’ll get it done but if they botch this I just don’t know where you go with this regime? 

Oh I know where you go. Right to the landfill because this staff will not repair what trading Terry with the fans even if the comp got us the next great QB in return. They will get it done it’s the slow point in the offseason and people have to publish content it’s their job. That said Ron has preached a lot of things and botched about half of those things. But this is the biggest thing he’s done to date because this will be the biggest contract signed by this franchise in total money and guaranteed money. That said he keeps asking for fans to forget the past well that starts with not letting guys who are the best such and Payne and Terry not walking. It involves making the cap work like teams do these days and growing the roster around the collection of talent and not picking and choosing between best players but keeping them and letting the ones that aren’t that tier leaving. Payne like it or not is a franchise level player. It doesn’t matter what position or who is beside him. If it mattered you shouldn’t have taken him. But we did. Now you make it work until value of return is higher then value of production.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

It's past 6/1, no excuses anymore, stupid this isn't done yet.  He is now missing reps he shouldn't be.  

Rivera?  

Oh come on, of COURSE there are excuses.

1. They ran out of gas
  2. They had a flat tire
  3. They didn't have cab fair
  4. They didn't have money for a phone call
  5. Their tux didn't come back from the cleaners
  6. An old friend came in from out of town
  7. Someone stole their car
  8. There was an earthquake
  9. A terrible flood
  10. Locusts!!

It wasn't their fault they swear!!!!

Terry will be ready when this deal is done. The deal will get done because Ron knows his word means nothing if you tell fans it’s just a matter of time then it doesn’t happen. If he’s missing TC days I will not just be concerned but that will be frustrating. He will get his deal and honestly I think if Wentz and the offense stays healthy then this guy may sniff at the single season yards mark this year. It’s easy to get frustrated at the team and rightfully so but I believe Terry has not only a breakout season but I believe this year after signing this deal he has a franchise record book type of season.

Edited by ripsean21

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Just curious...

So when should we be concerned about Mclaurin not having a new deal?

Is there a timeframe on that?

I know we're close to 18M in salary cap, as of June 2nd. So it's not like we can't afford to do it.

Now is the time. They have no excuse not to be working on a deal right now. Waiting is just pure BS. Do any of Us want to wait for a pay raise or a promotion once We have proven ourselves, No. I promise if they screw this up with Terry I and the rest of Washington Football fans need to just leave them alone and move on.

7 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Just curious...

I know we're close to 18M in salary cap, as of June 2nd. So it's not like we can't afford to do it.

I am sure they will get this done and and this discussion will look silly, but...

...I would say two days ago.  And if TM was happy, while he doesn't have to do on field work, he could be in the building in meetings.

15 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Just curious...

Training camp

20 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Just curious...

At the point that the hype videos or propaganda sent out by the media team doesn't include Terry, that's when we should really worry.

47 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

At the point that the hype videos or propaganda sent out by the media team doesn't include Terry, that's when we should really worry.

We got the guy for 3 more years.. Why worry ?

14 hours ago, DCNative said:

You don't Tag guys like Terry. You sign him to a long term deal or he will leave just like Cousins and Schreff.

Yes, he will --after 3 years-- and we'll replace him with a cheap # 1 draft pick. Just the way they operate .