Packers Release TE Marty B ... Claimed by Patriots ... Placed on IR

bucsfan333

15 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

that's great for him.

He's in a great situation now, going to a better starting QB, far better coach and overall better organization. I'm rooting for Martellus Bennett from here on out!

cmon man, the pack look bad enough without you trolling. they got schooled here, whoever made the decision to cut him is inept, and its more than likely TT who should be on his way out anyway.

35 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

Reading between the lines it's seemed like he did for a while now.  I was surprised they cut him just because you don't want to reward a guy for being a loser.

-Long history of being a headcase

-Rodgers out, all these issues suddenly prop up

-Mysterious 'shoulder issue' that wasn't known by the staff

-Self created rumor of retirement at end of season

Wouldn't surprise me for a second if he just quit and forced his way out.   Seems like a nice enough guy when things are good, but give him the smallest amount of adversity or ask him to be an adult for half a second, and like his brother, he just folds up camp, crosses his arms, and starts screaming for his binky.

All that being said, good pickup by the Patriots.  Zero long term commitment if he gets out of line, very small cap commitment right now and helps us win and could be a big piece.

NE did pick up his contract and we did originally sign him for 3 years.  For the Patriots' sake I hope they keep winning and/or keep Brady upright so he doesn't quit on them too.  If I were a player in GB I don't think I'll be sending him a xmas card this year.

5 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

cmon man, the pack look bad enough without you trolling. they got schooled here, whoever made the decision to cut him is inept, and its more than likely TT who should be on his way out anyway.

We dumped a turd who faked an injury and retirement because Aaron Rodgers got hurt, and when Rodgers wasn't hurt, he was a glorified OT dropping passes and gaining little separation.

Now we can get our cap hit back and start over, that's getting schooled?

5 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

We dumped a turd who faked an injury and retirement because Aaron Rodgers got hurt, and when Rodgers wasn't hurt, he was a glorified OT dropping passes and gaining little separation.

Now we can get our cap hit back and start over, that's getting schooled?

I thought you didn't get the cap back unless you can prove he had an undisclosed injury?

Archived