Packers Release TE Marty B ... Claimed by Patriots ... Placed on IR

bucsfan333

47 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Great. So we agree it's an issue he can play through. We've come full circle to my original point :)

How so?  You said he was just hurt.

Neither of us know if he has an injury...structural tissue damage that may or may not worsen with continuing to play.

Recognizing that the non physical circumstances of the contextual situation can alter the symptoms of an injury.  

Teams will "sign off" on whether a player can play or not depending on it being a regular season game or a playoff game.

If the Packers’ season is lost, but Rodgers is relatively healthy and can play in weeks 16-17 and he decides to sit out, will any packer fans be mad?

On the other hand, if the Packers are in the hunt and Rodgers is healthy enough to play, do any packer fans think he’ll actually sit out?

The scenario with MB isn’t much different. He was ready to phone it in and have surgery when the Packers’ season was effectively over, but now that he’s on a team in contention, he will tough it out. 

He went about it in a super-dirtbag way, though.

The obvious d bag move here by Bennett is acting like he felt unsafe with how the Packers doctor was clearing him to play, and yet now he is 100% fine and comfortable with another team doctor telling him he's cleared to play.

Bennett mailed it in and Packers fans have every right to be upset IMO. 

With saying you shouldn't be upset because Bennet doesn't want to get hurt in a lost season, why not just extrapolate that out to every player on a non playoff contender. Are we really gonna sit here and act like we'd be fine with the players on our team mailing it in because they were banged up and didn't feel like straining themselves anymore for a "useless" game.

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

How so?  You said he was just hurt.

Neither of us know if he has an injury...structural tissue damage that may or may not worsen with continuing to play.

Recognizing that the non physical circumstances of the contextual situation can alter the symptoms of an injury.  

Teams will "sign off" on whether a player can play or not depending on it being a regular season game or a playoff game.

I never said he was just hurt.

All I stated is that there is a difference between being injured (can't play) vs being hurt (can play). Two sets of medical staff have decided he was healthy enough to play. He (MB) said one made him feel unsafe (lol) but then immediately decided they were right when he was on another team. That's all there is to it. He's a fraud. And a liar.

2 hours ago, malak1 said:

If the Packers’ season is lost, but Rodgers is relatively healthy and can play in weeks 16-17 and he decides to sit out, will any packer fans be mad?

On the other hand, if the Packers are in the hunt and Rodgers is healthy enough to play, do any packer fans think he’ll actually sit out?

The scenario with MB isn’t much different. He was ready to phone it in and have surgery when the Packers’ season was effectively over, but now that he’s on a team in contention, he will tough it out. 

He went about it in a super-dirtbag way, though.

If the season is lost - and I believe it already is - I don't want Rodgers in there in weeks 16-17.  It isn't worth the risk.

If by some miracle we are in the hunt and Rodgers is healthy enough to play he will - just like he did in 2013.

2 hours ago, malak1 said:

Of course they would and should be...should every player sit out?

Every healthy player is going to play. Unless you are resting starters because your playoff seed is already set in stone.

4 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Every healthy player is going to play. Unless you are resting starters because your playoff seed is already set in stone.

4 hours ago, Pugger said:

If the season is lost - and I believe it already is - I don't want Rodgers in there in weeks 16-17.  It isn't worth the risk.

If by some miracle we are in the hunt and Rodgers is healthy enough to play he will - just like he did in 2013.

??‍♂️

11 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I think it depends on how healthy is healthy. Kind of like how a player who is questionable for the game before the bye week might sit out so he can be 100% for after the bye. He could play and still be pretty effective. Are you pissed if a team does that? Jaguars did it with Fournette before the bye. 

If the Packers are in it, have a chance to make the playoffs and Rodgers is healthy enough to play he will but if they are risking his future by rushing him back if they are 4-10, there is nothing to gain. I think most intelligent Packer fans agree they dont want to risk their future to go 6-10

Archived