WR Antonio Brown won't undergo required ankle surgery until team signs him

RaidersAreOne

On 4/4/2022 at 9:31 PM, NudeTayne said:

Lost in the midst of all these (IMO accurate) assessments of AB is the simple question of whether it would be worth it for a team to give him a 2yr deal with vet minimum year-1 and an incentive-laden contract for year-2 that the team can pull out of with minimal, maybe even no risk of something goes south.

Would folks see AB as still having some in the tank? Would a (year-1) $1.12mil + (year-2) $4mil ($500k guaranteed, $3.5mil base, another $3.5 mil available in escalators) be worth it? It seems like it would be worth it to someone, but maybe not 🤔. 

You think AB would play for that, curious? I don't,  not with his Ego. To answer your question though, I absolutely see a team or two signing him for that type of contract. If he takes that kind of deal, he'll be a Cowboy before OTA's.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You think AB would play for that, curious? I don't,  not with his Ego. To answer your question though, I absolutely see a team or two signing him for that type of contract. If he takes that kind of deal, he'll be a Cowboy before OTA's.

Well, maybe add an optional third year at $12 mil or something like that and he might go for it. Unless I'm incorrect, it sounds like his surgery would put him out most of are all year this year. If he got his escalators he is basically getting a very expensive surgery paid for and around $8 mil to take on an aging, injured receiver who teams consider to have red flags. It seems somewhere in the realm of reality.

If he was remotely serious about returning to the NFL, he would of had the surgery by now. Been ready for week 1 if signed by a club.  This is just a ploy for an Attention Whore IMO.  Hasn't heard his name uttered in months. So this......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

If he was remotely serious about returning to the NFL, he would of had the surgery by now. Been ready for week 1 if signed by a club.  This is just a ploy for an Attention Whore IMO.  Hasn't heard his name uttered in months. So this......

While what you say is logical for most people, AB really isn't most people. I actually do believe it makes sense to him. I mean, he's really not getting that much attention so if he did it for that reason, man did he misread that situation(, which by the way I certainly believe it's possible he could have done though just don't think it's the case). His best way to get attention is to play, as much of a truism as that statement is.

TL;DR AB gonna AB 

I think the Texans should get him. Never mind the football side of things - could you imagine Jack Easterby trying to lecture AB?

Luckily for you beautiful people… I can:

SCENE - Cal McNair’s office. Cal is playing with a fidget spinner as Jack Easterby walks in with a black eye.

Cal: …and the fidget goes spin, and the spin goes fidget.

Jack: Cal… Cal, my God I need your help!

Cal: Fidget fidget, spin spin…

Jack: I should have never bought you that damn toy… CAL, PLEASE HE’S GOING TO KILL ME!

(Nick Caserio walks into the office)

Nick: So, I ran some projections on how many TDs we’ll score next season, and I think 8 is a good high estim… Oh my goodness, Jack! What happened!?

Cal: Fidget goes spin spin spin spin… SPIIIIIIN FIDGET!

Jack: It was horrible! I was walking and praying when…

(Antonio Brown walks into the room. Jack goes silent).

AB: Sup.

Nick: So, Jack - what happened?

AB: …He tripped.

Nick: AB, did you see…

AB: AB SAID HE FELL DOWN, YOU CALLING MR. BIG CHEST A LIAR!?

Nick: Jack… is that what happened?

Jack: Um… uh…

AB: HE ASKED YOU A QUESTION, ANSWER HIM!

Cal: Fidgety go SPIIIIIIIN!!! SPINNOROONI THE SAN FRANCISCO TREAT

Jack: Yeah… I’m OK. I… um, just fell.

Nick: Oh well. Yeah, you gotta be careful. Even with the kid locks and barricades we installed for Cal, it’s dangerous! Why don’t you see a team doctor to…

AB: He fine.

Nick: But he’s bleeding a bit and…

AB: AB SAID HE FINE, QUIT ASKING SO MANY DAMN QUESTIONS, TELL THAT MAN YOU FINE, *****!

Jack (softly crying): I’m fine. Thanks.

AB: CMON WE GOTTA GO.

Jack: Yes sir. Sorry sir, I’m so sorry…

AB: SHUT YOUR *** UP! DON’T MAKE MR BIG CHEST THUMP YOU! I GOT YOUR NAILS DID AND PUT FOOD IN YOUR BELLY AND YOU GONNA TALK BACK? THIS IS THAT PART WHERE YOU GET WHAT YOH GET IF YOU DON’T SHUT YOUR MOUTH! AB DONT WANNA SCUFF UP HIS JEWELRY AGAIN OVER YOUR FOREHEAD, GIT YOUR *** OUT!

Cal: …Spinny? SPINNY POP? SPINNY POPOPOP DOOO PPPOOO POP!

Nick: Ok, um… OK, I guess.

AB: *****, GET TO WALKIN I WANT STEAK AND SHRIMPS RIGHT NOW.

Jack: …yes, daddy.

(END SCENE)

• Like 9

On 4/15/2022 at 10:42 AM, ET80 said:

I think the Texans should get him. Never mind the football side of things - could you imagine Jack Easterby trying to lecture AB?

SCENE - Cal McNair’s office. Cal is playing with a fidget spinner as Jack Easterby walks in with a black eye.

Cal: …and the fidget goes spin, and the spin goes fidget.

Jack: Cal… Cal, my God I need your help!

Cal: Fidget fidget, spin spin…

Jack: I should have never bought you that damn toy… CAL, PLEASE HE’S GOING TO KILL ME!

(Nick Caserio walks into the office)

Nick: So, I ran some projections on how many TDs we’ll score next season, and I think 8 is a good high estim… Oh my goodness, Jack! What happened!?

Cal: Fidget goes spin spin spin spin… SPIIIIIIN FIDGET!

Jack: It was horrible! I was walking and praying when…

(Antonio Brown walks into the room. Jack goes silent).

AB: Sup.

Nick: So, Jack - what happened?

AB: …He tripped.

Nick: AB, did you see…

AB: AB SAID HE FELL DOWN, YOU CALLING MR. BIG CHEST A LIAR!?

Nick: Jack… is that what happened?

Jack: Um… uh…

AB: HE ASKED YOU A QUESTION, ANSWER HIM!

Cal: Fidgety go SPIIIIIIIN!!! SPINNOROONI THE SAN FRANCISCO TREAT

Jack: Yeah… I’m OK. I… um, just fell.

Nick: Oh well. Yeah, you gotta be careful. Even with the kid locks and barricades we installed for Cal, it’s dangerous! Why don’t you see a team doctor to…

AB: He fine.

Nick: But he’s bleeding a bit and…

AB: AB SAID HE FINE, QUIT ASKING SO MANY DAMN QUESTIONS, TELL THAT MAN YOU FINE, *****!

Jack (softly crying): I’m fine. Thanks.

AB: CMON WE GOTTA GO.

Jack: Yes sir. Sorry sir, I’m so sorry…

AB: SHUT YOUR *** UP! DON’T MAKE MR BIG CHEST THUMP YOU! I GOT YOUR NAILS DID AND PUT FOOD IN YOUR BELLY AND YOU GONNA TALK BACK? THIS IS THAT PART WHERE YOU GET WHAT YOH GET IF YOU DON’T SHUT YOUR MOUTH! AB DONT WANNA SCUFF UP HIS JEWELRY AGAIN OVER YOUR FOREHEAD, GIT YOUR *** OUT!

Cal: …Spinny? SPINNY POP? SPINNY POPOPOP DOOO PPPOOO POP!

Nick: Ok, um… OK, I guess.

AB: *****, GET TO WALKIN I WANT STEAK AND SHRIMPS RIGHT NOW.

Jack: …yes, daddy.

(END SCENE)

Oscars And The Oscar Goes To GIF by The Academy Awards

• Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 11:42 AM, ET80 said:

Haha. This was like reading the funny pages back in the day. Well done.

• Like 1

Floyd Mayweather says he will pay an NFL team $20 million if it signs Antonio Brown and move doesn't work out

"I think AB is really misunderstood. He just wants to be treated fair. And this is for any team that's watching right now. We'll make them a deal: if they sign AB and AB go through the whole season, no problems at all, and then they gotta give us $20 million. But if he mess up, then we've gotta give them $20 million. So if any team want to match that, you know, reach out to us."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/floyd-mayweather-says-he-will-pay-an-nfl-team-20-million-if-they-sign-antonio-brown-and-it-doesnt-work-out/

I don't think Money May understands how the cap works........

The two have been photographed frequently together and Mayweather says he is serving as a mentor to Brown.

Well this explains ABs ego.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I don't think Money May understands how the cap works........

I think Money May might also be suffering from potential CTE type symptoms with to many blows to the head/concussions. 

Stay in your lane there Floyd and figure out if you can squeeze another PPV payday out of idiots willing to pay. 🥃

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Nothing like having Kanye West and Money Mayweaher as you're go-to mentors. Cuz, you know, neither of them have been been involved in any controversy...

It's like seeking advice from a drug dealer about a drug addition. 

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

I can’t post a new topic on principle alone - because he’s just one ongoing train wreck.  

If ppl don’t think he has CTE I don’t know what to say.   His behavior since getting knocked out by Burfict only gets more bizarre and reckless with each time he makes the news.

@RaidersAreOne as OP feel free to edit / update the title.   Good luck lol.   

Edited by Broncofan

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

I can’t post a new topic on principle alone - because he’s just one ongoing train wreck.  

If ppl don’t think he has CTE I don’t know what to say.   His behavior since getting knocked out by Burfict only gets more bizarre and reckless with each time he makes the news.  

Way to beat off the competition there ab.