Do you know enough to give up on Deshone Kizer?

brownie man

Do you know enough right now to say its time to move on from Kizer?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know enough to say its time to move on from Deshone?

• Yes I know enough he will not be a franchise QB in Cleveland ever
    • I will decide after he has more time
    • I will decide after I see him with a better supporting cast
    • I am sticking with him for the forseeable future

10 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Did you actually listen to the interview or just read the quotes off Twitter?

trust me stay off Twitter

Hue praised Kizer but that doesn't get clicks

That's because it is the same old putting lipstick on a pig song.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Is that a bad thing? What exactly is he supposed to say?

I get that folks want to pile on Hue, but complaining about the cliches a coach uses at a press confidence? Cmon man.

Dunno.

I am tired of hearing it.

I do not believe anything he says.

Actually found it refreshing when Chris Palmer called his team a runaway train.

On 11/10/2017 at 10:37 PM, Kiwibrown said:

I agree with @buno67 

Tom Brady has th best reactions in the business not because has the fastest reaction time but because of confidence, experience and preparation. 

The int when Kizer threw it to higgins deep middle right was late and high but the correct read. 

He didn't anticipate Higgin opening and then a technical flaw of over stepping caused the ball to sail. 

all correctable problems on the correct read. 

Sorry, but you left talent out of the equation, without that, confidence, experience and preparation will not mean a whole lot??? Top franchise QB's are always confident, that is a trait they have had all their lives and nobody has to teach them it. They also are prepared to put in the time to get better and are always well prepared for a game.

Experience is a great teacher, but without talent, all the experience in the world, will not make you a franchise QB. Kizer has lots of experience now, he should be showing significant improvement, but 46.9% completion rate in his last game, suggests, he just does not have the talent to take advantage of his increased experience.

Saying all problems are correctable, is simply not true, if it was, every roster player would eventually become a starter, but in he real world, many problems are not fixable, either because the athlete does not work hard enough at their profession, or lack the mental ability to change the way they were taught to play the game. These are far more common than saying each problem is easily correctable. Many, many athletes are incapable of changing the way they play, no matter how much experience they obtain.

I think I know enough to say that I don't look at Kizer as the QBOTF. He should improve but his accuracy issues will likely always be there and will creep up his whole career. I'd move forward like he isn't even on the roster while keeping him on the roster.

6 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I think I know enough to say that I don't look at Kizer as the QBOTF. He should improve but his accuracy issues will likely always be there and will creep up his whole career. I'd move forward like he isn't even on the roster while keeping him on the roster.

His accuracy issues are him getting excited when he has a guy wide open, trust me. Also not towards you but for everyone who complains about his "inaccuracy" what about the opposite side when he puts passes one the money (which is way more often than people give him credit for)he is as accurate as any QB we've had. As far as the inaccuracy issue, I damn near guarantee its him getting too excited and he over throws it, he's a rhythm guy, when he gets into a good rhythm, he is on the money, when not, we all know the result.

Point being, there is no way ANYONE can say he is or isn't the QBOF. He had the requisite arm strength, he is built sturdy, he's gotten better navigating inside of the pocket, he's decisive, he gets excited and overthrows passes, he believes too much in his arm and throws picks. You can make the argument that all his ills can be attributed to lack of experience.

All that said, we probably still should go QB at 1, don't continue to make the same mistake, plus there isn't anyone at #1 that is even that tantalizing to pass on a QB anyway.

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

His accuracy issues are him getting excited when he has a guy wide open, trust me. Also not towards you but for everyone who complains about his "inaccuracy" what about the opposite side when he puts passes one the money (which is way more often than people give him credit for)he is as accurate as any QB we've had. As far as the inaccuracy issue, I damn near guarantee its him getting too excited and he over throws it, he's a rhythm guy, when he gets into a good rhythm, he is on the money, when not, we all know the result.

Point being, there is no way ANYONE can say he is or isn't the QBOF. He had the requisite arm strength, he is built sturdy, he's gotten better navigating inside of the pocket, he's decisive, he gets excited and overthrows passes, he believes too much in his arm and throws picks. You can make the argument that all his ills can be attributed to lack of experience.

All that said, we probably still should go QB at 1, don't continue to make the same mistake, plus there isn't anyone at #1 that is even that tantalizing to pass on a QB anyway.

Yeah he is on the money on some passes and misses high/low/wide on others. That is inaccurate. He isn't inaccurate on all passes he is inaccurate sometimes which is the NFL usage of the term inaccurate. Otherwise he wouldn't have made it this far.

Also he isn't really decisive from what I've seen. He is late on a lot of throws and he usually is staring down his first option so I don't think he is late in processing through reads just seems to often throw the ball when the ball should actually be getting there in the route.

He does have an NFL arm. He can improve and even be good. He just hasn't shown enough in his 350 pass attempts to trust him at all. I think we could live with the 15 picks and 8 fumbles as a rookie if he was also scoring often but 6 TD passes (what Kessler had in 195 attempts last year) and 5 rushing TDs just isn't enough. You can't turn the ball over twice as much as you score, no team can win with a QB doing that.

Let's look at DeShone Kizer in the red zone this year:

9 of 32 (26.47%), which is worse than my college batting average.

4 TD, 5 INT, 3 lost fumbles

8 Red Zone turnovers. WOW...BRUTAL.

Do we really need to see more this year to NOT draft a QB with the #1 overall pick?

45 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Let's look at DeShone Kizer in the red zone this year:

9 of 32 (26.47%), which is worse than my college batting average.

4 TD, 5 INT, 3 lost fumbles

8 Red Zone turnovers. WOW...BRUTAL.

Do we really need to see more this year to NOT draft a QB with the #1 overall pick?

^^^^^^^^^^^

This right here is responsible for a few of our losses. Hue Lue might be over his head but no team is going to win when their QB turns the ball over 8 times when in scoring position. I can't support Captain Clutch in a starting role based on this. Especially since next year Cousins will be available in FA and Rosen/Darnold will be available in the draft. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

He does have an NFL arm. He can improve and even be good. He just hasn't shown enough in his 350 pass attempts to trust him at all. I think we could live with the 15 picks and 8 fumbles as a rookie if he was also scoring often but 6 TD passes (what Kessler had in 195 attempts last year) and 5 rushing TDs just isn't enough. You can't turn the ball over twice as much as you score, no team can win with a QB doing that.

Yep. I'd keep him as the back up to either a big time FA (Cousins, maybe even Tyrod) or to the #1 pick. Maybe he develops really well and takes back over if the #1 pick flops after 2018, or maybe he becomes a trade chip in 2019. 

4 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

One of the weird things about kisser is that he sometimes looks like a very good QB. and then he looks like Ken Dorsey. 

I wish we knew who he would be in a two years time, which bit is the true bit. 

I don't really think he ever looks like a very good QB. He's consistently inaccurate, slow to read the game and those redzone numbers above... they are brutal and beyond any rookie excuse.

Archived