Expectations for 2nd year QBs

NYRaider

7 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

I would hope so he was playing on essentially a superteam. I can’t tell you the lady first round QB who landed on a better roster with better playcalling. Maybe Mahomes but the 2018 Chiefs defense was bad. 

A super team? They have 2 proven weapons, lol.

4 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

If Trey lance after  a year on the bench now inheriting a superteam does not look like a top 15 QB it’s a real problem. 

This this is a very unusual situation for a first round QB to inherit. 

Patrick Mahomes was essentially in the same situation with the Chiefs.

2 hours ago, biggie. said:

For example, here's one that is completely contrary to your "analysis":  https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/09/trey-lance-bust-2/

Oh, I love this guy

He also said that Tim Tebow was his franchise QB. He's hilarious (and he said that 6 months ago, keep in mind) and had prevoiusly said he would be a hall of famer (that was in 2014). His takes are pretty amazing. 

How he includes "former NFL scout" or "aspiring NFL GM" is hilarious. He is so thirsty to be taken serious he has to supplement everything he writes or says with something that he believes lends his takes credence (they don't, but they are hilarious to read nonetheless) 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

If Trey lance after  a year on the bench now inheriting a superteam does not look like a top 15 QB it’s a real problem. 

This this is a very unusual situation for a first round QB to inherit. 

I think a top 15ish QB is pretty reasonable. I think it would be on the lower end of that for sure, but i think it's reasonable. 

25 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Patrick Mahomes was essentially in the same situation with the Chiefs.

Yes, though Mahomes threw over 1300 passes in college. Same thing with Kaepernick. He sat a year behind Smith and then took over a team that was super bowl ready midway through 2012. But he also threw 1300 passes in college and was like 24 or 25 years old by 2012. 

Lance threw 300 passes in college. He somehow managed to throw fewer passes than Davis Mills lol. People just expect him to come out and be great because of the team, but he's still going to need time to iron things out (and may never do so). He's got warts for sure. I think he'll be fine because it's hard not to be in that offense if you have a modicum of talent, but I don't expect him to set the world on fire his first year starting. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Lance threw 300 passes in college. He somehow managed to throw fewer passes than Davis Mills lol. People just expect him to come out and be great because of the team, but he's still going to need time to iron things out (and may never do so). He's got warts for sure. I think he'll be fine because it's hard not to be in that offense if you have a modicum of talent, but I don't expect him to set the world on fire his first year starting. 

Yeah I'm sure there will be some growing pains but some of that will be a wash because of his ability to create plays with his legs and I'm sure Kyle will do a great job with the scheme to help him in every way possible. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Is that your blog or something?

4zmb10.gif

Nice lol

But he really is hilarious to read. In october he was saying that the Cowboys drafted an anchor (in a bad way...as in weighing them down) with Micah Parsons. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Nice lol

But he really is hilarious to read. In october he was saying that the Cowboys drafted an anchor (in a bad way...as in weighing them down) with Micah Parsons. 

Give me his address, he just signed his death wish.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

I might make a thread to ask how long is it acceptable to hold on to your college bias's once a QB enters the league. Reading this thread and a lot of yalls predictions read like their scouting reports. 

This is actually a great idea to me because I've been very upfront about it in the niner forum that if I was a fan in college, you get a much longer leash....if I wasn't, I'm done with you pretty quickly. I do hold on to those for a while. 

Most niner fans know that I pretty much wrote Kinlaw off after a year (I wasn't a fan as a prospect) and I did similarly with McG (though I was more accepting that he was at least a very useful piece in the run game). 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

This is actually a great idea to me because I've been very upfront about it in the niner forum that if I was a fan in college, you get a much longer leash....if I wasn't, I'm done with you pretty quickly. I do hold on to those for a while. 

Most niner fans know that I pretty much wrote Kinlaw off after a year (I wasn't a fan as a prospect) and I did similarly with McG (though I was more accepting that he was at least a very useful piece in the run game). 

Ill do it a few weeks after the draft, when we enter the dead zone. 

3 hours ago, biggie. said:

Lol greatest skillset of all time. You lost all credibility right there alone.

A 28-0 ratio...in a Wonderland conference playing in a Looney Tunes offense.

It seems like you get your analysis from watching highlight reels on YouTube and reading stats. That's not how scouting works. My recommendation is watch actual tape and read scouting reports.

For example, here's one that is completely contrary to your "analysis":  https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/09/trey-lance-bust-2/

This is coming from an actual scout, aka someone more credible than some random person on the Internet who thinks they know football because they watch highlight reels.

I will continue to maintain my stance that Trey Lance will be a mega bust. The fact he failed to take the starting job away from Jimmy G in 2021 NFL is not a good sign.

LOL. He's basing his scouting report on Trey Lance's eyes and pre-season performance after not playing for a year. That is one of the most ridiculous articles I've ever read. I'm not saying Trey is the second coming of Pat Mahomes, but come on; that article is just trash. If you look for a negative "Scouting report" - if that's what we're calling that - on any prospect you can find one. I have watched every pass that Trey threw at NDSU and his "analysis" is pretty far off imo outside of the "erratic throws" bit, which was a concern of mine when he came out. 

In regards to the bolded, I would also like to point out that you are a random person on the internet. The article also indicates that this is an EX-NFL scout, and after reading that article i think that there may be a reason for that. 

3 minutes ago, GW21 said:

LOL. He's basing his scouting report on Trey Lance's eyes and pre-season performance after not playing for a year. That is one of the most ridiculous articles I've ever read. I'm not saying Trey is the second coming of Pat Mahomes, but come on; that article is just trash. If you look for a negative "Scouting report" - if that's what we're calling that - on any prospect you can find one. I have watched every pass that Trey threw at NDSU and his "analysis" is pretty far off imo outside of the "erratic throws" bit, which was a concern of mine when he came out. 

In regards to the bolded, I would also like to point out that you are a random person on the internet. The article also indicates that this is an EX-NFL scout, and after reading that article i think that there may be a reason for that. 

Here's all you need to know:

Grant Cohn hired him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Season is 17 games. Tua has started only 21 games.

Therefore Tua is also a 2nd-year-QB. With a new HC, OC, and offensive system put in place right between Game 4 and Game 5 of his 2nd season. 

Tua's only job is to not get Hill or Waddle killed and to keep the seat warm for future owner/starting QB, Tom Brady.