Expectations for 2nd year QBs

NYRaider

25 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I wouldn't say that the league is exactly starved for QBs right now though. That's why the Browns/49ers haven't been able to move Jimmy/Baker, teams know that they just gave up a kings ransom for another QB to start so they're either going to have to accept less in a trade or just release them. Jimmy and Baker both having major shoulder injuries last season and only having 1 year left on their contracts isn't exactly ideal either, lol.

Let me rephrase that. The league is starved for good QBs. 

Teams know those guys aren’t good, that’s why there’s no market for them. No one is trading for them, and when they get signed it’s to compete with a rookie or a never was on that teams roster 

Edited by CP3MVP
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The 49ers rallied to go 7-2 and make the NFC championship game because of Jimmy? lol

Nah despite him. Jimmy is a below average QB and they went to the nfc title game with him. That’s how stacked the 9ers are

This is what Trey lance is inheriting. He has no excuses unless he sucks 

1 minute ago, CP3MVP said:

Let me rephrase that. The league is starved for good QBs. 

Teams know those guys aren’t good, that’s why there’s no market for them. No one is trading for them, and when they get signed it’s to compete with a rookie or a never was on that teams roster 

The 49ers/Browns have zero leverage because teams know that they're either going to trade them for whatever someone will offer or will eventually have to cut them. Both guys are also coming off of shoulder injuries. And I don't think very many teams want to invest a ton of draft capital into either guy when it could potentially be a one year rental. 

49 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You are on offseason 1 of season 3. Did you even check the episode guide in the menu? 

Someone teach this man how to netflix. 

Mid-season cliffhanger. Allow the QB to be smashed or hire some blockers? Stay tuned. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Nah despite him. Jimmy is a below average QB and they went to the nfc title game with him. That’s how stacked the 9ers are

This is what Trey lance is inheriting. He has no excuses unless he sucks 

Jimmy was *** in the playoffs. Dude gets carried in the playoffs. No doubt about it. 

• Like 1

Trevor Lawrence will improve as his support staff does, which is to say that the Jags could contend for a wild card game as early as 2023 if they had a different GM.

The Bears don't know how to use Fields properly (hint:  stationary targets, please) so he'll continue to muddle along.

With an average (PFF:22nd, FPPG:17th, DYAR:10th, QBR:15th, CompADoT:17th) starter and because they don't have a first round pick next year, it's too early for San Francisco to tank with Trey.

Mac Jones will be an average QB again, improving only if they draft a great YAC WR.  The team needs to run more, including against good opponents.

Mills doesn't have much to work with but at worst he buys time until Houston can draft a franchise QB in 2023 (if necessary).

I can't see Zach Wilson starting in 2023.

Edited by Dr A W Niloc
  • Like 1

On 4/12/2022 at 9:42 AM, Uncle Buck said:

Regarding Trevor Lawrence, just watch the Week 18 game against the Colts.  The offensive line gave him time to pass, and his receivers got open (and actually held onto the ball most of the time when it was passed to them).  If our offensive line holds up, and our revamped WR corps can get open, catch, and not drop his passes, I expect the Week 18 performance to be the norm for Trevor this season.

This is the main reason why I would prefer to see the Jags draft Evan Neal or Ikem Ekwonu at #1.  As much as I enjoy a geat pass rush, Trevor needs to be our priority right now.  We can always get pass rushers in the future.  You don't get a chance to have a quarterback like Trevor Lawrence very often, and we can't blow the chance we have right now.

There are 20 QBs who would look great with protection and open WRs. If that's what Lawrence needs to be successful, that puts him right there with Goff

• Like 1

7 hours ago, malak1 said:
On 4/13/2022 at 8:53 PM, BayRaider said:

The kids skillset, off the top of my head (so excuse me if I'm missing someone) is the greatest QB skillset of all time.

Ayo, wtf?

I guess some people started watching football a year or so ago.

This is laughable at absolute best.

On 4/14/2022 at 5:41 PM, CP3MVP said:

The league is starved for good QBs.

Agreed, and the immediate future isn't bright.  I count at least seven teams in need of QBs in 2022 or 2023:  NYGs, Chicago, Houston, Jets, Carolina, Pittsburgh, and Atlanta.  That number is rarely above 5 pre-draft.  Two starters (and 1 dud) is an average rookie crop and it isn't clear 2022 will be even that productive.

8 hours ago, ET80 said:

I guess some people started watching football a year or so ago.

This is laughable at absolute best.

It’s funny how people reply to this without listing names. List names if you want to refute a point.

Who are you going to list? Elway? Like I said before Elway wad a legend arm and high football IQ but Lance has Lamar’s running ability, super high football IQ, rocket arm, and super intelligent decision maker. He’s a QB you make in a lab. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

It’s funny how people reply to this without listing names. List names if you want to refute a point.

Who are you going to list? Elway? Like I said before Elway wad a legend arm and high football IQ but Lance has Lamar’s running ability, super high football IQ, rocket arm, and super intelligent decision maker. He’s a QB you make in a lab. 

I dunno...   this is exaggerated right?    Lance is not on the same level as Lamar as far as running ability.  Did you see that play at the goal line where Trey had a bootleg and got smashed by Simmons and not get in?    Pretty sure Lamar is getting that with his speed or agility to make someone miss which Trey lacks.  I highly doubt Trey evens runs a 4.5.  I would bet he is closer to high 6 low 4.7.   I would bet Lamar probably runs a 4.4/4.5 or close to it.

Accuracy also seemed like a concern with Trey Lance when I watched him and of the few plays I saw him make. Watch that clip below

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxOcrGtTXoSUSk_qpEIeiMGwmrgTZSoYpZ

Edited by sryan66611