Dan Snyder Drama thread

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Nothings going to happen to Dan. He was actually rewarded at the end of the whole thing lol. He bought the rest of the team at a discount. 

And like I said, because Rivera helped shield him from some of the punishment that could have been meted out, Ron is going to be here for a looooooooonnnnnnggggggggg time.

Ron Rivera = Coach for Life.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

And like I said, because Rivera helped shield him from some of the punishment that could have been meted out, Ron is going to be here for a looooooooonnnnnnggggggggg time.

Ron Rivera = Coach for Life.

CFL buddy! It serves two purposes, Coach for Life & where Rivera should be coaching! 😂 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Article about Bruce Allen's Emails to Jon Gruden

The content probably can't be discussed, but hopefully as details emerge it continues to put pressure on the league to get a new owner in DC. 

You know for the longest time, I never thought this could get back to and affect Dan Snyder. I mean Mike Wise said that Dan Snyder doesn’t even use email, but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t shown these photos or whatever. But, regardless of all that, Dan is the owner he’s responsible for what happens in his franchise and he’s responsible for his employees actions. He needs to be forced to sell the team, God-dell & the other owners can’t accept this crap!

You know what I’d like, I’d like nothing more than for the Jack Kent Cooke’s children to be able to buy the team back from Snyder & eventually the team becomes a winner again. They probably don’t have the $ though, some jerk like Bezos will buy the team and eventually everyone will have to pay for Wi-Fi & have a user fee to go to the bathroom. 🤦‍♂️

Unfortunately, these emails will never see the light of day. The NFL decided that the results of the Wilkinson report were so damning to the NFL's brand, that they wanted it delivered in a verbal format only. Because of that - the NFLPA can petition all they want.... the NFL owners will protect their image at all costs.

The only hope you have to read these emails is if somehow they have relevance in the City of St. Louis' suit against the NFL. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, offbyone said:

Dangerous, dangerous game the nflpa is playing.  What happens when a player is under investigation (which seems to happen frequently enough).  Will their emails and texts be up for grabs?

If it’s an investigation then yes, they should be. 

9 hours ago, offbyone said:

Dangerous, dangerous game the nflpa is playing.  What happens when a player is under investigation (which seems to happen frequently enough).  Will their emails and texts be up for grabs?

They already are. In the Deflategate investigation, one of the reasons Brady was punished was because he got rid of texts and erased his phone (IIRC) despite being notified that by the league office that they would be reviewing the texts. His actions affected the investigation.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2021 at 6:59 PM, Thaiphoon said:

They already are. In the Deflategate investigation, one of the reasons Brady was punished was because he got rid of texts and erased his phone (IIRC) despite being notified that by the league office that they would be reviewing the texts. His actions affected the investigation.

Good point.  650K emails is gonna be a lot of personal stuff that has nothing to do with the investigation for a lot of employees.  Potential big privacy issue.  Also rarely are lawyers involved in a situation like this where the result is made available for public record.  The nfl is far from unique here.  The data from corporate investigations rarely rarely sees the light of day.   The second those emails release there are going to be 10 more situations worth investigating especially in the current woke culture.  I guess I was just trying to say that if they open that door it is hard to shut it and the nflpa should remember that the players who they represent are frequently the target of these investigations.

I also feel like as WFT fans we are very tunnel visioned on this investigation and think the WFT situation is unique.  But in reality the nfl has done innumerable investigations.  How many are ongoing right now?  Off the top my head I can come up with Watson and Meyer.  But there is probably 10 a year.  They always seem to conclude with a judgment based on vague information and then close the book on it.  They never release all the data from the investigation.  Why this time?  We aren't special.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, offbyone said:

Good point.  650K emails is gonna be a lot of personal stuff that has nothing to do with the investigation for a lot of employees.  Potential big privacy issue.  Also rarely are lawyers involved in a situation like this where the result is made available for public record.  The nfl is far from unique here.  The data from corporate investigations rarely rarely sees the light of day.   The second those emails release there are going to be 10 more situations worth investigating especially in the current woke culture.  I guess I was just trying to say that if they open that door it is hard to shut it and the nflpa should remember that the players who they represent are frequently the target of these investigations.

I also feel like as WFT fans we are very tunnel visioned on this investigation and think the WFT situation is unique.  But in reality the nfl has done innumerable investigations.  How many are ongoing right now?  Off the top my head I can come up with Watson and Meyer.  But there is probably 10 a year.  They always seem to conclude with a judgment based on vague information and then close the book on it.  They never release all the data from the investigation.  Why this time?  We aren't special.

Oh, I completely agree that this could open a veritable Pandora's Box. But I think that these emails could "leak" like they did with the Raiders and Gruden. The emails were provided to the Raiders and then made public. I'm not saying it was a good thing Gruden did, I'm just saying that even when the NFL might "want" to keep something quiet, it will eventually come out.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Oh, I completely agree that this could open a veritable Pandora's Box. But I think that these emails could "leak" like they did with the Raiders and Gruden. The emails were provided to the Raiders and then made public. I'm not saying it was a good thing Gruden did, I'm just saying that even when the NFL might "want" to keep something quiet, it will eventually come out.

Yeah amazing how the leaks just seem unstoppable.  And now they got all their backs against the wall in a deep dark hole.  Who knows what happens now.  I would much prefer football in my football and none of this crap.  

• Like 3

On 10/18/2021 at 12:37 AM, offbyone said:

Yeah amazing how the leaks just seem unstoppable.  And now they got all their backs against the wall in a deep dark hole.  Who knows what happens now.  I would much prefer football in my football and none of this crap.  

I'm just more angered that the report that the emails were based upon was never written down.

• Like 1