Dan Snyder Drama thread

14 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

No one in the NFL's front office has ever heard of redacting parts of reports, huh?

Weird. Government does it all the time with FOIA requests. Wonder why the NFL can't learn this mystical practice of redaction

My exact thoughts . Great minds huh 🧐

• Like 1

Of course, all the employees have to do is waive that anonymity and the NFL's excuse goes away.

The problem with that is that they might have run afoul of the NDAs they signed. Which might expose them to legal problems. 

But you know what the NFL's response suggests to me?

That despite their insistence that the report was "verbal", there is most definitely a database or some repository of the documentation for that "Verbal" report that the NFL has access to.

6 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

The problem with that is that they might have run afoul of the NDAs they signed. Which might expose them to legal problems. 

I might be misremembering, but didn't something come out where Washington said they don't have to adhere to them due to the investigation? Sometimes it's hard to track and remember it all...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I might be misremembering, but didn't something come out where Washington said they don't have to adhere to them due to the investigation? Sometimes it's hard to track and remember it all...

I think you're right, I just didn't want to weigh in affirmatively as it could've been a figment of my imagination. Since we're both remembering it, then we both can't be hallucinating about the same thing.

Or could we?

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

I think you're right, I just didn't want to weigh in affirmatively as it could've been a figment of my imagination. Since we're both remembering it, then we both can't be hallucinating about the same thing.

Or could we?

There was definitely something stated originally that people could speak openly without worry of repercussions. Pretty sure it came from Snyder or a representative for Snyder. 

*edit*

Remember this??

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/08/31/daniel-snyder-claims-he-suggested-that-nfl-assume-investigation-into-washington-allegations/

“Recently, the Washington Football Team launched an independent [editor’s note: it wasn’t] third-part investigation about our culture and incidents of harassment,” the statement explains. “In conversations with Commissioner Goodell, Tanya and I suggested that the NFL assume full oversight of the investigation so that the results are thorough, complete and trusted by the fans, the players, our employees and the public. I appreciate Commissioner Goodell agreeing to our suggestion and the entire Washington Football Team remains committed to fully cooperating with all aspects of the investigation.”

Lol

Edited by Slappy Mc

You guys remember like right after the investigation was "finished" that a report came out that Beth Wilkinson's recommendation was that Dan Snyder be forced to sell the team and the NFL immediately squashed that notion...

WFT isn't the only one that doesn't want the "report" to see the light of day. 

How awesome would it be if Beth Wilkinson came out with the results herself and took the ball out of the NFLs court. 

Its clear the corruption leads all the way into the staff for the NFL. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

You guys remember like right after the investigation was "finished" that a report came out that Beth Wilkinson's recommendation was that Dan Snyder be forced to sell the team and the NFL immediately squashed that notion...

How awesome would it be if Beth Wilkinson came out with the results herself and took the ball out of the NFLs court. 

That is why I think if there is a turnover in record or a request the NFL will simply offer Snyder’s oust as some kind of alternative to turning over the emails and investigation results being presented to congress.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

How awesome would it be if Beth Wilkinson came out with the results herself and took the ball out of the NFLs court

If her contract states that she can't, she would be in for a HUGE lawsuit from the NFL for disclosing it. 

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

That is why I think if there is a turnover in record or a request the NFL will simply offer Snyder’s oust as some kind of alternative to turning over the emails and investigation results being presented to congress.

That's possible. But only if Congress turns up the heat on the whole league by threatening their Anti-Trust exemption (or something else that is really bad). Other state governments can pressure them as well by stating that they won't approved deals for new stadiums until the full report is made public. They could then come to a deal that includes Snyder's ouster without releasing anything damaging. Kinda like settling in court without admitting guilt or having a trial where you are found guilty. @e16bballmight have a better idea of what I'm trying to say here and communicate it more eloquently than I.

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

That's possible. But only if Congress turns up the heat on the whole league by threatening their Anti-Trust exemption (or something else that is really bad). Other state governments can pressure them as well by stating that they won't approved deals for new stadiums until the full report is made public. They could then come to a deal that includes Snyder's ouster without releasing anything damaging. Kinda like settling in court without admitting guilt or having a trial where you are found guilty. @e16bballmight have a better idea of what I'm trying to say here and communicate it more eloquently than I.

Oh no I’m with it and I’m hoping as I think all of us would be it can come to that. But that’s what I was aiming twards as well

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Of course, all the employees have to do is waive that anonymity and the NFL's excuse goes away.

But you know what the NFL's response suggests to me?

That despite their insistence that the report was "verbal", there is most definitely a database or some repository of the documentation for that "Verbal" report that the NFL has access to.

I’ve read that it was Snyder who brought these emails out during the legal fight with his ex-minority owners.  He wanted the emails to prove that Bruce Allen was their source of information.  

• Like 1