Dan Snyder Drama thread

38 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

After the NFL allowed them to pull off this sham, vanity project, whatever you want to call the rebrand….do you really think anything is going to happen? 

furthermore, there was a lot of discussion when Snyder was approved to buy the team about if they were putting the right guy to the team that was closest to DC and would be a political ally…..do you all really think this is going to get to the mudslinging level, because I guarantee you if Snyder goes down, many others are going to go with him. 

It remains to be seen, but this round table today did not look good for Snyder or the NFL.

Their statement didn’t exactly defend him either.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It remains to be seen, but this round table today did not look good for Snyder or the NFL.

Their statement didn’t exactly defend him either.

An owner got caught at a "message parlor" 

Not saying it's right, and as a mod I should probably drop it, but I won't get my hopes up until this actually happens.  Even then, I think this franchise has lost me.  Too little, too late.  Been doing a lot of thinking the past 24 hours about that.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

An owner got caught at a "message parlor" 

Not saying it's right, and as a mod I should probably drop it, but I won't get my hopes up until this actually happens.  Even then, I think this franchise has lost me.  Too little, too late.  Been doing a lot of thinking the past 24 hours about that.  

The difference is this was a workplace harassment charge. I get the massage parlor this is awful but it’s different than doing what Dan & others who used to work for the Commanders/WFT/Redskins did to their own employees and how they also asked their employees to cover it up.

He won’t be the owner by the start of next season. It might ultimately be Tanya but my guess is Dan is banned for life. There’s simply too much coming the NFL’s way because of this and with congress and others pushing for more they’re going to sacrifice Dan. He’s earned it and deserves the punishment coming but I believe the team stays in his family. I also think this is why he was so hellbent on getting the rest of the team under his ownership. My guess is if the Snyder’s do put it up for sale and ride off into the sunset he gets an unprecedented amount of money. Like $6-7B. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

He won’t be the owner by the start of next season. It might ultimately be Tanya but my guess is Dan is banned for life. There’s simply too much coming the NFL’s way because of this and with congress and others pushing for more they’re going to sacrifice Dan. He’s earned it and deserves the punishment coming but I believe the team stays in his family. I also think this is why he was so hellbent on getting the rest of the team under his ownership. My guess is if the Snyder’s do put it up for sale and ride off into the sunset he gets an unprecedented amount of money. Like $6-7B. 

That's a dream.  Honestly, if I had the choice of Josh Allen for a 7th Round Pick or a hands-off, let the football people do football things owner, I would pick the latter.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I won't believe it until I see it. This isn't a Jerry Richardson situation. The shield will protect the owner like it's life depends on it. It'll have to be a hell of a media push. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

If he goes, can the new owner please bring back our uniforms / colors and change the name to something acceptable ? 

But if we changed to commanders and the first action was canning Snyder I think that’s a huge win for the name lol. That might be the huge gust to carry us twards greatness again 🤣🤣🤣

10 hours ago, lavar703 said:

• Like 1

https://richmond.com/sports/professional/documents-show-nfl-agreed-not-to-release-any-info-from-washington-investigation-without-dan-snyders/article_0abc4a0e-1107-5d1e-b2ae-a13b3edd9c33.html?utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

In a letter on Friday, the committee called on Goodell to release the full findings of the Wilkinson investigation by Feb. 14, threatening “alternate means of obtaining compliance” if he does not cooperate.

The committee also found that the team and Snyder agreed that attorney Beth Wilkinson's firm, which conducted the investigation, would produce a written report, but that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell asked Wilkinson to present her findings to him orally instead.

“Most importantly, the NFL must end its months-long efforts to hide the truth about misconduct at the (Washington Football Team) and cooperate with the committee’s investigation.”

The committee also said the league withdrew from its common-interest agreement with the team in October, creating a “legal limbo” that is preventing the release of documents requested by Congress.

4 minutes ago, MacDog said:

Dan Snyder having a dead man switch for the NFL confirmed. If he goes he takes them down with him.

This ultimately has to be what's going on. We all know that this organization isn't the one that has this same stuff going on. The problem is that everyone is corrupt. The quote from Jerry Jones on his satisfaction of the investigation says it all. No owner wants transparency. Roger Goodell is elbow deep in double standards and has a direct hand in every issue that ever happened in the NFL. The fact that Ezekiel Elliott can be suspended without ever being proven guilty; the fact that a man attempt to choke another man on the field multiple times gets fined less than someone who wears shoes to support a good cause; the Panthers owner essentially gets forced to sell for saying really bad stuff, A LOT of bad stuff happens while Dan Snyder (who is a control freak) owns the Redskins, naw no problems here.