Dan Snyder Drama thread

And the league is really starting to distance themselves from Snyder. Now they’re blaming him for not releasing the documents and saying they’ve repeatedly told him to do so. When the league starts throwing him under the bus like this it’s onlh a matter of time. I still contend this is why Dan wanted to get the entirety of the team. This team will be sold for $5-6B by either the start of this season or the end of it. They’re going to get him out of the league but they’ll make it look like he decided to move on and cash out. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

And the league is really starting to distance themselves from Snyder. Now they’re blaming him for not releasing the documents and saying they’ve repeatedly told him to do so. When the league starts throwing him under the bus like this it’s onlh a matter of time. I still contend this is why Dan wanted to get the entirety of the team. This team will be sold for $5-6B by either the start of this season or the end of it. They’re going to get him out of the league but they’ll make it look like he decided to move on and cash out. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47wyvapsl2ab10vls47i

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

The article I assume you’re referring to, so that others can check it out as well. It really does feel like the dam might be breaking, in the sense that the league is no longer going to make a mockery of itself to protect Dan.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33262922/nfl-says-washington-commanders-blocked-access-documents-related-investigation

• Like 2

5 hours ago, e16bball said:

The article I assume you’re referring to, so that others can check it out as well. It really does feel like the dam might be breaking, in the sense that the league is no longer going to make a mockery of itself to protect Dan.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33262922/nfl-says-washington-commanders-blocked-access-documents-related-investigation

You had it right the first time “Dam(n)”.

28 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

So, Bezos as a majority owner w/ Gibbs, John Kent Cooke & Fred Smith (Fed Ex Chairman) as minority owners?

Who’s coming with me?

I don’t think Bezos owning the team would be the happy ending we all are hoping for. I really think he’s going to end up being a bad owner. 

• Like 2

Just now, lavar703 said:

I don’t think Bezos owning the team would be the happy ending we all are hoping for. I really think he’s going to end up being a bad owner. 

But he actually allows people to do heir jobs. Honestly I want what’s best for this squad and I think that is just clearly not Dan

• Like 1

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

So, Bezos as a majority owner w/ Gibbs, John Kent Cooke & Fred Smith (Fed Ex Chairman) as minority owners?

Who’s coming with me?

Gibbs is in his 80s and Cooke will be 80 later this year, can’t see either of them investing in the team, even if small. 

if Bezos wants a team, he will outbid someone, and he won’t need to get a group of minority owners together to make it happen. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I agree.  Bezos has endless money, but as we have seen before, throwing money at a team doesn't always work. 

Remember this is a guy who just paid a country to remove a historical bridge so his personal yacht could float through town.

The only good thing I could see coming out of this is if Snyder got the boot and Bezos came in, he would probably rebrand everything again.

On 2/11/2022 at 6:43 AM, lavar703 said:

Probably right, he’d charge fans to go to the team website just like he does WAPO.

6 hours ago, offbyone said:

I agree.  Bezos has endless money, but as we have seen before, throwing money at a team doesn't always work. 

Remember this is a guy who just paid a country to remove a historical bridge so his personal yacht could float through town.

The only good thing I could see coming out of this is if Snyder got the boot and Bezos came in, he would probably rebrand everything again.

Well that would be refreshing. I will get use to Commanders and accept it bc this will always be my team but the name is not a fan of mine, it was one of the last ones I would’ve chosen and I hate how they designed the logo. I hate the font & how big commanders is written on the front of the jersey. I also don’t understand why they underlined the Commanders & the names on the back.

Our old jerseys were much cleaner & better.