Dan Snyder Drama thread

I think Dans strategy will be to just delay and survive until after the midterm elections and then hope the new party in power will just throw out this investigation.  John Keim already posted a tweet that they are in opposition of this panel investigating a private business, which is ridiculous considering the organization is begging for a ton of taxpayer money for a new stadium.

8 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I think Dans strategy will be to just delay and survive until after the midterm elections and then hope the new party in power will just throw out this investigation.  John Keim already posted a tweet that they are in opposition of this panel investigating a private business, which is ridiculous considering the organization is begging for a ton of taxpayer money for a new stadium.

Snyder has donated millions to various Republican party members, I’m sure he’s calling in favors all over the place right now

20 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The counter from the party about this reads so funny. It’s like a jilted child

11 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

"If these allegations can be proven — and it appears based on the letter sent by the Committee to the FTC that testimony is backed up with documents — it undoubtedly will be the end of Snyder’s 20-plus-year tenure as owner of the team."

I'm not even sure it has to be proven.  If they can make enough noise about congressional investigations into the NFL the rest of the owners will throw Snyder under the bus to make this go away. 

Edited by MKnight82

2 hours ago, Troublez said:

From a business perspective, once the FTC gets involved there is a SLEW of risks the NFL must consider; and ultimately, Dan's head will roll. I believe this is the regulatory body that grants Anti-Trust exemption that has resulted in MASSIVE TV CONTRACTS. 

He's gone.... no doubt in my mind, even if he kicks / screams the entire way out. 

I mentioned the anti-trust exemption earlier in this whole thing. That is huge. JP Finlay said on his radio show it was just about taxes and how the teams/NFL are taxed. That's only part of the story. Without the anti-trust exemption, the NFL cannot hold the draft. @e16bballcan chime in here, but IIRC, the anti-trust exemption allows the NFL teams to take players and "claim" them and prevent them from going to work where they want to (they have to go to the team that drafts them). This is a "restraint of trade" (*) and is normally not allowed pretty much anywhere.

(*) I once had to threaten a countersuit to a company that was bluffing a suit against me claiming I signed a non-compete (I didn't) and I mentioned this quite a bit in my discussions with various partners of the company.

4 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Guys, do me a favor. Please avoid turning this into a political discussion (It's not there yet but it might boil over into it). Keep it focused on the FTC and how this might get us free from Dan

Kind of hard when Congress is investigating your team's owner.  I mean it has direct implications on our entire team.  

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Kind of hard when Congress is investigating your team's owner.  I mean it has direct implications on our entire team.  

Yes. Which is why we keep to the general "Congress is investigating", etc... and not focus on individual Reps/Senators/Political Parties/etc...

Do that and it's quite easy to avoid it.