Which uniforms are the nicest and the ugliest?

Championshiporbust

BEST: Colts, Bills, Giants, Chargers, old Oilers, old Jets, 70s Bucs, late 90s Falcons.

WORST: current Falcons, Seahawks, Rams, mid 2010s Bucs, mid 2010s Browns, mid 2010s Jaguars.

2010s might have been the worst decade ever for NFL uniforms. 😄

Edited by y*so*blu
  • Like 1

i'll abstain from my own team but random things that come to mind from other teams (although I will say I like the current unis and logo probably more than  most Dolfans)...

Like:

Powder Blue Chargers

Raiders (All Blacks or White with Silver numbers are the best variants)

Lime Green Seahawks (will probably be controversial but i like them lmao... their current helmets are inferior to the silver ones, though)

Bengals (Black, not Orange or White)

Cardinals (esp black)

Rams now that they returned to Yellow/Blue (but not their White jersies)

Lions (esp with their no-helmet-decal variant)

Steelers

Dislike:

Puke Green Jets (their previous uniforms, their current ones look ok)

Jaguars ... pretty much every single uniform they've ever had have been eyesores

Eagles

Bucs (i think the oversized helmet decal looks stupid)

Titans in dark blue uni (light blue is fine). Not a fan of the new helmets either but perhaps they'll grow on me.

Browns (I liked their old colors with the lighter orange & darker brown a lot better)

Bills (I miss their red helmets)

Commanders

Everything else I have no strong opinion on one way or the other unless I forgot something.

• Like 1

Best

• Chargers - Perfect update, with an alt navy lid for those Jerseys they are set forever IMO
  • 49ers - Iconic set, if they could get metallic gold in there could be even better.
  • Bengals - Did a great job, the alt white helmet will look great.
  • Raiders - Iconic set, finally maybe worn by a competitive team for the first time in 20 years. Think they could update the help, think Starbucks logo iterations.

Mid

• Colts - The tweaks they made really brought this into a good place, boring but it's an iconic look.
  • Cowboys - get rid of the greenish silver pants and you can go back up with the timeless looks.
  • Bucs - Uniquely them, Creamsicles next ear will be fun
  • Saints - Full time return to "olde gold" and they have a great look.
  • Vikings - Don't love the horned font, but rest is really good. Horned helmet one of the best helmet logos.
  • Ravens - Clean it up a bit, add better pants and this goes way higher for me.
  • Dolphins - A return to the retro fulltime gets this way up there too.
  • Steelers - Hate the italic round numbers. But when I see them I think football.
  • Packers - Iconic but eh, never did much for me
  • Panthers - Solid solid look, 90s classic
  • Seahawks - Are the flawed? yes. But winning really sold these.
  • Falcons - We get it, you're from Atlanta. Tone down the ATL and you can shoot up this list. Especially if you bring back the red throwback helmets.
  • Broncos - A redesign would be welcomed, build off the 90s in a new way.
  • Giants - Boring, but it's them.
  • Bills - Fits them well, maybe a bit too safe.
  • Jaguars - Very simple look, could've added some flair...just not all of it like last time.
  • Lions - A bit too flat, need a dark color to give it depth.
  • Browns - Good job fixing them a couple years ago. Hard to look great still though.
  • Bears - Stuck in an ok but forgetful look.

Needs work

• Texans - Time to do 2.0 on this set. Logo is good but rest can be more. Go back to the reveal helmets that were white.
  • Jets - Kinda forgetful, would never want to wear that style tough as a fan.
  • Patriots - Never loved the Brady ones but these are so boring.
  • Eagles - Winged helmets... best concept in the league. Aside from that they need a better green, change up the other colors and the font sucks. Those Early 90s Uni's will look sweet next year though.
  • Rams - Have repented the sins of the bone jerseys. But the overdesign still leaves room to improve. Should've gone darker blue.
  • Chiefs - They'll never change them but they lowkey suck, hate the logo too. Not sure how on an island I am with that one.
  • Titans - Overdesigned mess. Don't hate all of it but a big drop down from where they were.

Awful

• Cardinals - Piping sucks and there is like no identity to them.
  • Commanders - Designs each handselected by a different person Snyder was trying to bribe, with little to no connective tissue.
    So random and incoherent.
  • Like 2

On 4/19/2022 at 5:35 AM, evilflamingo said:

Plus the stupid helmets - Choo choo, look at me I'm a grown-up man pretending to be a goat.

I get a lot of the criticism for the uniforms but this reasoning is pretty stupid. The horns on the helmets are classic and other teams have similar concepts. Do you feel the same about the Eagles and the Vikings? 

Some of the best in my opinion are the Eagles kelly green and Bucs orange throwbacks. Obviously the Chargers powder blue will always be the best though. I find myself liking less and less modern uniforms as they release. It's like they are trying to do too much instead of just keeping them simple. 

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I really have a thing for orange and black unis

CclEs9kUsAAUHRq.0.jpg

netherlands-2020-kits-1.jpg

msu6lv7swvn81.jpg?auto=webp&s=a4c3af6bc60ece164c735cbb75e902bcd75665f0

But for some reason, the Bengals unis just don't do it for me

bengals-uniforms-getty-ftr-041921_18k25p

I think the one Hubbard is in is about the best. Not sure on the white with orange

They are middle of the pack for me. Still think they need a white and black helmet for the all white version. 

Any all black uniform Ravens, Cards, Raiders come to mind, The new updated Charger unis are so clean, I also kinda like the Colts unis basic I know but simple clean and good looking, Also the Patriots older uniforms with red jerseys I believe? I dont know if theyre alt uniforms or from before my time but those are clean looking

Dislikes, Packers Uniforms current and any throwback, Browns, Old school steeler unis

On 4/24/2022 at 11:01 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

I'll echo the Browns being the worst. Just do not like a brown and orange color scheme to say the least.

There is only so much you can do when Brown is the primary color to work with. There was a small petition started back in 2012-2013 I believe to do a complete brand overhaul and adjust the colors (before they came out with those awful Nike uniforms) and the ownership said no because #tradition. 

Can we get a logo that isnt a clipart of a football helmet? No because #tradition. Can we change our colors to essentially be Oklahoma St. because it looks better than Brown? No because #tradition. Can we get a dome on our field? No because #tradition.

At least they nailed their current uniforms if they had to stick with tradition. Its the best I guess you can ask for with what you have to work with. I would still like a actual logo or a swap to making the elf the primary logo. The helmet logo is just so so so so bad and frankly is the reason why I dont own any Browns apparel outside of a Nick Chubb t-shirt jersey.

Edited by AkronsWitness