likely less expensive
but if only there was a free service, even
if less official and legally gray
to get to watch your team play
even if you don't live in their broadcast area
could also use such a thing to watch any game
or games of any other sport
my, wouldn't that be nice

Such a thing would probably not be dependable enough to have the neighbors over to watch a game, but it would limit my maximum payout.

Streaming companies are cracking down on VPNs.  My “plan A” worked 2 seasons ago but not last season.   I’m not going to waste money on subscriptions again based on workarounds like that.  It’s legit or “gray” for me lol.  

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

if that's what it takes for me to watch the Ravens every Sunday without having to get DirecTV, I'm all in.

They're going to make so much more money than DirecTV did with their package.   I mean considering there will be more access to the world etc... with YouTube

• Like 1

It’s a done deal. 

I dont expect the price to go down for the ticket and I also don’t get the it will be more accessible take either. You could get Streaming Sunday ticket for the past 5 years already without having Directv Maybe it’s more accessible cause it’s YouTube but the price has always been a huge draw back for customers. 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

It’s a done deal. 

I dont expect the price to go down for the ticket and I also don’t get the it will be more accessible take either. You could get Streaming Sunday ticket for the past 5 years already without having Directv Maybe it’s more accessible cause it’s YouTube but the price has always been a huge draw back for customers. 

It's been my understanding that you can only get the streaming-only version of the Sunday Ticket if satellite is not available in your area.  And, that's a pretty murky area in and of itself.  It could be available in your area, but the dish needs to be pointed in a certain direction and it's just not physically possible.  Apartment complexes come to mind immediately.  Like, the apartment complex will allow you to place a dish on your patio, but nowhere else.  So, if you're facing the wrong direction, not only can you not get DirecTV, you don't qualify for the streaming service either.  Exceptions might be made here and there, but DirecTV wants that subscription that takes an act of God and Congress to get out of.

There's a reason "illegal streams" are so popular.  

24 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I wonder how it will work in Canada. For example, TNF games in the US stream on Prime Video, but in Canada its available on a sports channel called TSN which is included in most basic cable packages, so I don't need Amazon or anything like that

Wondering about this myself. Where I am in Ontario my American networks are out of Buffalo so am lucky and get every Bills game. Never had a need for the Sunday ticket or anything. 

Depending how it works with YouTube and the price I may consider it just because I would like more options for the 4pm games.

The streaming version from Directv was basically made for people who live in an apartment who couldn’t get a dish. There is obviously ways to get around that if you live in a house, but that was the intent of the streaming version.

I do hope the price does come down and that YouTube at least allows 2 accounts to sign into it at the same time. 

On 4/20/2022 at 9:16 AM, AkronsWitness said:

They are not 'by far' anything. Android dominates 83% of the global cell phone market and their ads are about being unique where your phone OS is personalized to the user, not a carbon copy one size fits all like Apple is. Not to mention Apple has not came out with their own unique feature exclusive to their phones in about a decade.

Every feature on their phones are ripoffs that Androids have had for 3-5 years already and they try to advertise them as 'new'---like the voice transcribing for notes or the camera feature where you point your camera at a object and it can detect what that thing your looking at is. That is called Google Lens and it has been on every Pixel phone since 2017, but Apple just brought it to their phones in 2021 and built an entire ad campaign around it as if its some awesome new feature.

I dont hate Apple (I love Mac computers, despise iPhones), I just believe the vast majority of their users cant give a legitimate reason or two about the actual phone itself as to why they chose it and the primary reason why they chose a iPhone is usually 'IDK my friend has one so I got one too' or 'Im old and they are easy to use because their OS hasnt changed in 15 years' or 'All my other stuff is Apple so I have to get a iPhone or nothing will work'

I prefer Apple's closed ecosystem and integration of hardware to software vs. a generic OS for all brands and devices.

The ecosystem allows for devices to seamlessly integrate. No other ecosystem comes close. Paired with things like Apple Car play, family sharing, apple pay, etc. make for a better user experience. 

I prefer the simplicity of the UI vs. the "myspaceification" of an Android phone, but that is preference. 

Despite that 83% domination of the the global market, creators make apps for Apple first, so that is a plus. And they get the best apps. iOS is better for updating software. Vs. Android which is open sourced and most their OEMs don't have the teams to carry out updates efficiently. 

Apple has strict privacy and security. Less bloatware... Androids are littered with garbage out of the box apps that take up a lot of space.

What else....iphones are faster.  Android apps run on java runtime, which require more battery and memory. The have to go through a process of "garbage collection" iOS avoids this and has longer battery lives while using less memory in the process. And the batteries generate less heat on prolonged use of the phone. 

Lastly, customer service and support. Stores you can walk into across the US to get your problems solved.

Back on topic:

You can watch AppleTV+ on any device. I would expect Apple uses this platform for their NFL streaming. So the "have to have a specific device" argument is misguided. What you're going to get is reliable streaming and top tier customer service which is something you didn't get with DirectTV. 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2022 at 11:04 PM, jjab360 said:

I really, really wish Amazon would've gotten it. I hate everything Apple, overpriced and overrated. Haven't used an Apple product or service since the first iPhone...

Haven't used an apple product since the first iphone in 2007..... but have no problem calling them overpriced and overrated. Make it make sense.