Deebo Samuel Requests Trade

AFlaccoSeagulls

4 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I must be missing something. 

If there’s any truth to that, Debo’s coming off pretty jaded here. Can’t imagine the handful of carries/game really jilted him that badly?

All of the reporting so far I'd take with a grain of salt. The niners aren't known for leaking in this regime, and Darlington spoke directly to Deebo and he wouldn't comment on the specifics, so anything claiming specifics right now is entertaining and worthwhile to discuss, but not something I'm taking as 100% accurate.  Right now, we just know that he's asked for a trade. 

The passive aggressive stuff on social media has mostly been about the money (from his brother and from a previous IG post on a friend of samuel's commenting about "25 million"). The 49ers may not have offered a contract as of yet, that may or may not be true, but it doesn't really change anything because it could just be that numbers have been exchanged and they could be massively apart, which is why no formal offer would be made. So even if a contract wasn't formally offered, I'd imagine that there were talks at some point floating around. 

• Like 2

Probably stated but I just don't get what the straw was that broke the camel's back so to speak. I have a hard time believing that his usage (or contract) is what did him in. I wonder if it's a Davante situation where maybe he's just trying to force their hand cuz there is someplace he really wants to be, or play with a pal for that matter.

This whole situation just seems odd, to me.

8 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Probably stated but I just don't get what the straw was that broke the camel's back so to speak. I have a hard time believing that his usage (or contract) is what did him in. I wonder if it's a Davante situation where maybe he's just trying to force their hand cuz there is someplace he really wants to be, or play with a pal for that matter.

This whole situation just seems odd, to me.

MM just went on the radio and he's now pointing the finger at location. Deebo doesn't want to be in CA. That is what Schefter also said. He has never trained in CA during the off season or anything, so there's some circumstantial evidence that would support it, but Deebo himself poked fun at that reason a couple of days ago, so hard to say what is real. 

IF that is the case though, he's 100% gone by the draft. Really hard to make someone stay in an area they don't want to be and you really don't want to be the organization that holds a player hostage for that type of reason in my opinion. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

MM just went on the radio and he's now pointing the finger at location. Deebo doesn't want to be in CA. That is what Schefter also said. He has never trained in CA during the off season or anything, so there's some circumstantial evidence that would support it, but Deebo himself poked fun at that reason a couple of days ago, so hard to say what is real. 

IF that is the case though, he's 100% gone by the draft. Really hard to make someone stay in an area they don't want to be and you really don't want to be the organization that holds a player hostage for that type of reason in my opinion. 

Well you can’t blame the guy for that. 

20 minutes ago, AllThingsTN said:

Well you can’t blame the guy for that. 

For sure. MM retracted / clarified almost right after the radio spot that he didn't know why Deebo was requesting a trade, but merely indicating that it could be reason. 

Superficially, it certainly has legs. I mean, hard to listen to this and think, "yeah, he loves california" lol

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Forge said:

Had to look but he was born in SC, went to High School in Carolina college in Carolina.. Panthers (even though North) confirmed? 🤔😅

I hope it get resolved one way or another @Forge 🤜🤛

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Would the Niners take Kadarius Toney and 36 for Deebo? I don't think the Giants are/would be in on him at all, this is just my curiosity.

I'd consider this...it's definitely intriguing. The main thing that would make me nervous is just Toney off the field. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'd consider this...it's definitely intriguing. The main thing that would make me nervous is just Toney off the field. 

It's funny that that is the common issue about Toney, when his real issue is on the field. Off the field is fine. On the field, he can't stay healthy (and is playstyle will not ever allow him to stay healthy), he's gotten in fights, and he doesn't show up to any voluntary events.

54 minutes ago, Forge said:

Deebo doesn't want to be in CA

Deebo doesn't want to get paid  in CA...which is why he's headed to someplace with no state income tax
Florida for example. I think I just read about some cap-opening moves down there

61WOG7wK-qL._AC_SX569_.jpg

7 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

It's funny that that is the common issue about Toney, when his real issue is on the field. Off the field is fine. On the field, he can't stay healthy (and is playstyle will not ever allow him to stay healthy), he's gotten in fights, and he doesn't show up to any voluntary events.

Yeah, that's the stuff I was thinking about...you're right, that should probably be considered "on the field" as opposed ot off. LIke, didn't he not attend a mandatory last year because he didn't have shoes or something? Lol I thought I heard that as something happened. 

5 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Deebo doesn't want to get paid  in CA...which is why he's headed to someplace with no state income tax
Florida for example. I think I just read about some cap-opening moves down there

61WOG7wK-qL._AC_SX569_.jpg

That's when you just get paid in bonuses every year and only do the vet minimum as base salary lol 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, that's the stuff I was thinking about...you're right, that should probably be considered "on the field" as opposed ot off. LIke, didn't he not attend a mandatory last year because he didn't have shoes or something? Lol I thought I heard that as something happened. 

It's a technicality, yeah. Usual off the field stuff though, like he's out partying or is brandishing guns or marijuana or whatever, he doesn't have problems with that. He had a legal gun in college, but that wasn't a problem.

It was so weird last year. He was hurt, then when he finally came back, he had the wrong sized cleats for some reason? And it caused him to miss a practice or half of a practice? At one point he was doing drills without shoes on. So weird.