Deebo Samuel Requests Trade

AFlaccoSeagulls

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Probably not moving him if that isn't getting it done. I can't see teams offering a much better package than that for Deebo.

Nor should they. Thats in line with the other big name receiver trades (outside of Hopkins, but...you know....BOB...sorry @ET80). 

If teams give in to that, its honestly not all that dissimilar to the Jets / Seattle trade for Adams (though I'd argue that Deebo would be more worth it than Adams given the skillsets and league). 

If an offer like that or #10 is really on the table (debatable) and they don't take it, It really just means that they were dug in and didn't want to trade him and thought they could fix the situation at some point. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Nor should they. Thats in line with the other big name receiver trades (outside of Hopkins, but...you know....BOB...sorry @ET80). 

Don’t apologize, sometimes you gotta burn down your house to acknowledge a crack cocaine problem is getting out of control. 

The trade was a disaster, but it expedited BOBs demise. Hopkins died for that sin and rose from the ashes like a Phoenix (well… IN Phoenix at least).

• Like 2

On 4/20/2022 at 2:46 PM, minutemancl said:

Not to pile on or anything, but it is very funny to me that when I was arguing with Jags fans at the beginning of free agency, after they paid a ton for Christian Kirk, their argument was "well what other choice did we have? We needed weapons!" then a record number of stud WRs were traded/have demanded trades lol.

I mean, one could argue that all of these WRs have become available, simply because Jaguars.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Johnthejetsfan said:

saw that this trade was mocked as a win win earlier by an NFL.com writer.

NEW YORK RECEIVES:

WR Deebo Samuel

SAN FRANCISCO RECEIVES:

WR Elijah Moore

Round 1, 2022: No. 10 overall

Round 2, 2022: No. 35

That’d be robbery, IMO

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Johnthejetsfan said:

NEW YORK RECEIVES:

WR Deebo Samuel

SAN FRANCISCO RECEIVES:

WR Elijah Moore

Done. No take backs. I'm sending the paperwork over

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Johnthejetsfan said:

NEW YORK RECEIVES:

WR Deebo Samuel

SAN FRANCISCO RECEIVES:

WR Elijah Moore

Which Idiot writer called that a "win-win"? He's smoking the good stuff. 👍 

• Like 1

I get why Deebo doesn’t like how he’s being used due to the tread on his tires and financial/career impact.

I would also argue that what makes him special and great is exactly how he’s used and if he’s not going to be used in the running game and screen game, his value is significantly less for everyone.

The CBA with the limits to rookie contracts were the right thing, but the unintended consequences to the RB position have been awful. IMO something needed to be addressed with franchise tag language in regards to the position after the Jimmy Graham TE/WR fiasco and still does with RB.

You basically get 4-5 years on a rookie deal and then 2 franchise tags, after which good luck statistically getting a second payday (or first payday if you aren’t a lottery pick), let alone a third.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Johnthejetsfan said:

NEW YORK RECEIVES:

WR Deebo Samuel

SAN FRANCISCO RECEIVES:

WR Elijah Moore

Austin Powers No GIF