Deebo Samuel Requests Trade

AFlaccoSeagulls

1 minute ago, nagahide13 said:

My point was that I don't see how they'd effectively use both players. If you want a Deebo style player then you should be utilizing Moore differently.

Or just get Deebo and utilize Moore in the way that's best suited to utilize Moore and have two really good receivers? Most teams can effectively utilize multiple receivers. I'm very confused on your stance here. 

• Like 2

Just now, Forge said:

Or just get Deebo and utilize Moore in the way that's best suited to utilize Moore and have two really good receivers? Most teams can effectively utilize multiple receivers. I'm very confused on your stance here. 

This is not confusing at all. They're similar players.

They're both smaller guys that have excellent vision with the ball in their hands. Their both hybrid-esque and do their best work over the middle or in space. Neither of them is particularly big or fast. Neither of them particularly "stretches the field".

7 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

They're both smaller guys that have excellent vision with the ball in their hands. Their both hybrid-esque and do their best work over the middle or in space. Neither of them is particularly big or fast. Neither of them particularly "stretches the field".

If you think that they can't be effective with one another r that the Jets aren't definitively better with that set up I definitely don't agree, but to each their own. I think that is overthinking the situation far too much (everyone has to have a specific role, specific place, etc) 

36 minutes ago, Forge said:

If you think that they can't be effective with one another r that the Jets aren't definitively better with that set up I definitely don't agree, but to each their own. I think that is overthinking the situation far too much (everyone has to have a specific role, specific place, etc) 

They can definitely be effective together, but they'd be stacking skillsets. (Stacked on YAC, if you will.) If the Jets look at Deebo Samuel and think, "we need THAT." Well, they potentially have THAT already in Moore. It would make more sense to trade Moore and use picks you'd theoretically save elsewhere.

I'm certainly not advocating giving him up for no value, I'd be more inclined to use his high value to try to save the #10 overall pick.

On 4/28/2022 at 2:11 PM, nagahide13 said:

Are you saying Deebo is small?  He's probably pushing near 230, at receiver.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

So to get Deebo Samuel, arguably a top 5 WR and Top 1 weapon in the NFL, the Jets thought this would do it:

#10 for Deebo + #61

Whereas the Cardinals wanted Marquise Brown and paid:

#25 for Brown + #100

Uhhhhh yeah I could understand why the 49ers wanted a little more than that lmao

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

He also said Moore isn’t fast, lol. 4.3 guy.

Yeah, that's fair. He does better work in the middle against zone, but Moore's way faster than Deebo for sure. Deebo isn't exactly... slow either, but it was dumb to say Moore isn't fast. 🤐

Point being that Moore and Deebo are very similar players, but obviously Deebo has pounds and Moore has better flat speed.

Edited by nagahide13
being wrong
  • Like 1