Deebo Samuel Requests Trade

AFlaccoSeagulls

12 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

No way they'll move him after the draft. I wonder if he'll hold out

Doubt it. He can try to hold in, but he's got to be really committed to it. Jalen Ramsey style (oh my back it tight, can't practice, can't play). 

Think the niners are just banking on him being in his feels about getting a lowball offer initially. The draft is the first turning point for the issue, so if he realized the trade likelihood drastically diminishes after the draft and he's not likely to get moved, he either has to commit to making life hell for the 49ers (something he honestly should have been doing already if he wanted out) or he has to come back to the bargaining table. The lsatter is what I expect to happen. 

In my mock I have the Vikings moving up to ATL for Stingley (then Deebo to NYJ involving the two NYJ seconds), but without a trade up I think Houston does 13 for 10 to take Stingley (jumping Vikings), then Jets pocket the difference and flip 13 to SF (maybe a mid rounder from SF as well) and get Deebo.

Edited by Trojan

17 minutes ago, Trojan said:

In my mock I have the Vikings moving up to ATL for Stingley (then Deebo to NYJ involving the two NYJ seconds), but without a trade up I think Houston does 13 for 10 to take Stingley (jumping Vikings), then Jets pocket the difference and flip 13 to SF (maybe a mid rounder from SF as well) and get Deebo.

I don't know that even 10 is enough to get it done. I don't think the 49ers are really negotiating in good faith with anyone. I wouldn't be surprised if they are asking for 10 plus a second. I don't think that they want to trade him, so I don't think that there is a lot of wiggle room to bargain. Basically "meet our price or we are going to call his bluff" 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

It's Vincent Frank...I really do think that he just makes stuff up. He makes Pauline look like Jeremy Fowler. 

He's been around forever writing about the NFL which is the funny part. But he's more like a radio guy than he is an insider. Think Dan Sileo. 

Dan Sileo makes my blood boil as an Eagles fan.

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't know that even 10 is enough to get it done. I don't think the 49ers are really negotiating in good faith with anyone. I wouldn't be surprised if they are asking for 10 plus a second. I don't think that they want to trade him, so I don't think that there is a lot of wiggle room to bargain. Basically "meet our price or we are going to call his bluff" 

I think so too, which is why I think it's a draft day deal. I think the Jets call the 49ers bluff and trade from 10 to 13, call them up and say "you sure, last chance" and either it happens or it doesn't. Once the Jets get otc for the second I think they just take a WR (or at 13) and just move on and let the 49ers have a headache of Jimmy and Deebo not being happy as they try and extend Bosa. Sit on value too long and the 49ers suffer. Deebo suffers too, but who cares about him if you are the 49ers and Jets.

2 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I think so too, which is why I think it's a draft day deal. I think the Jets call the 49ers bluff and trade from 10 to 13, call them up and say "you sure, last chance" and either it happens or it doesn't. Once the Jets get otc for the second I think they just take a WR (or at 13) and just move on and let the 49ers have a headache of Jimmy and Deebo not being happy as they try and extend Bosa. Sit on value too long and the 49ers suffer. Deebo suffers too, but who cares about him if you are the 49ers and Jets.

Seems unlikely to do it as a draft day deal since you can't complete the physical at that point (and you would want to have the extension worked out before the trade too, otherwise you're giving a lot of leverage to the player) and you can't risk just doing it later like you would with someone you trade for a mid round pick. Its easy to find recourse if someone fails a physical at the cost of a mid round pick, not so much when that pick is #10 (or 13) in the NFL draft. I don't know if that has ever been done before. 

If it involves a first, i imagine it has to be tonight or first thing tomorrow. IF the base is the second round picks, I'd imagine tomorrow night or friday morning (Deebo is supposed to be in Vegas friday, so if he cancels, something may be up). 

I think the 49ers are perfectly happy to push this past the draft and force deebo to commit one way or the other. If he wants to get paid now, he's going to have to come back to the table. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Seems unlikely to do it as a draft day deal since you can't complete the physical at that point (and you would want to have the extension worked out before the trade too, otherwise you're giving a lot of leverage to the player) and you can't risk just doing it later like you would with someone you trade for a mid round pick. Its easy to find recourse if someone fails a physical at the cost of a mid round pick, not so much when that pick is #10 (or 13) in the NFL draft. I don't know if that has ever been done before. 

If it involves a first, i imagine it has to be tonight or first thing tomorrow. IF the base is the second round picks, I'd imagine tomorrow night or friday morning (Deebo is supposed to be in Vegas friday, so if he cancels, something may be up). 

I think the 49ers are perfectly happy to push this past the draft and force deebo to commit one way or the other. If he wants to get paid now, he's going to have to come back to the table. 

Isn't a draft day trade what happened with Trent Williams?

Just now, Trojan said:

Isn't a draft day trade what happened with Trent Williams?

yes, but the recourse of correcting a third round pick that was used  is a lot easier than correcting a #10 overall pick. That's why Ian mentioned getting him for a physical in the earlier clip. 

8 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I love Deebo...he is one of my very favorite players to watch right now; dude does it all.  However, I never heard Marshall Faulk ever complain about being a wideout and a RB...ever. 

He’s getting traded tonight, than the jets can run him to the ground and he will complain how he wants to play for a better team

4 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

I don't see why the Jets would trade for Deebo unless they were unloading Moore in the deal

Because they need a receiver. That's why they went after Amari, and Hill and why people are often mocking them a receiver. 

6 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

He’s getting traded tonight, than the jets can run him to the ground and he will complain how he wants to play for a better team

I don't think he's going anywhere, but truly fun to speculate. All of the analyzing from fans and stuff is amazing. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Because they need a receiver. That's why they went after Amari, and Hill and why people are often mocking them a receiver. 

My point was that I don't see how they'd effectively use both players. If you want a Deebo style player then you should be utilizing Moore differently.