49ers WR Deebo Samuel requests trade

RaidersAreOne

I haven't listened, but apparently Sherm offered a take and thinks that Deebo just took the negotiation process personal. Doesn't think the 49ers will trade him. 

I think that tracks. I think that's why the 49ers are okay holding him through the draft if need be. I don't think that they will hold him hostage long term, but everyone knows the draft is the first turning point. If he's here after the draft, he's likely here no matter what and if he wants the money, he has to come back to the negotiating table. I think the 49ers are betting that he won't hold the grudge beyond that. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

the video..

I think it's a fair gambit by the 49ers to hold him through the draft and see if it forces him to cool off and go back to the negotiating table. You could certainly lose in that situation, but I don't think it's a bad gamble 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

Because something is wrong with him? 

There's a reason that they have to pass physicals before trades go through. 

Right, and what is wrong with him? Is he working through a injury? Coming off a surgery? Even IF he was going through something, highly unlikely the Jets would cancel the trade unless he had some career threatening disease or injury…. Basically slim to no chance of that happening. 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Right, and what is wrong with him? Is he working through a injury? Coming off a surgery? Even IF he was going through something, highly unlikely the Jets would cancel the trade unless he had some career threatening disease or injury…. Basically slim to no chance of that happening. 

But that slim chance is why you have to pass they physical for the trade to be official  lol. Unless they just forget to put it into the trade agreement, which I have never heard of. 

Russell Wilson still had to pass his physical. 

• Like 1

There are instances where teams just may take it on spec that a player is going to pass the physical and there is an agreement in the trade about what happens if they don't. Giving back a third round pick or something isn't that big of a deal. That is likely what happened with Trent Williams, for example, since he had to re-work his deal and sign it after the fact. 

I just don't know how you do that if it's involving something big like this. Having recourse for a third round pick is one thing, having recourse for #10 overall? Different ballgame. 

@Broncofan

Do you know how trades of players during the draft is handled with regards to a physical? Its definitely going to be in the trade agreement...I imagine that when mid round picks are involved, there is recourse to just give back a different mid round pick if the player doesn't pass the physical. How would that work if #10 were involved this year for Deebo? I'd imagine he would have to pass the physical first unless the Jets are okay with just waiving it (unlikely to impossible, I would imagine?). But you can't just give back a pick like #10 overall? 

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

But that slim chance is why you have to pass they physical for the trade to be official  lol. Unless they just forget to put it into the trade agreement, which I have never heard of. 

Russell Wilson still had to pass his physical. 

And we have seen teams trade for injured players before and be fine with it. Deebo isn't going to fail a physical lol… Unless he has been hiding something from even the team for some time. 

• Like 1