49ers WR Deebo Samuel requests trade

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Ftn49 said:

After all the Mac talk last year, this still hasn't really phased me at all. Honestly, I think that broke me lol. I haven't cared as much about anything related to sports since that point. I'm pretty much in lockstep with Forge. I still think its about money and will eventually work itself out but I acknowledge there is a chance and if it happens it happens.

I'm mean I'm cool with it either way. I feel like we're going to get a haul for him if we trade him and I'm ok with that. We have a lot of eggs in the Deebo basket, so if we take that value and spread it around our team some, I'm definitely on board with that. 

I'm also cool with paying him and seeing where that goes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Side note...am I the only one who absolutely loves Rich Eisen and his show? 

Its funny because I was not really an Eisen fan as a sportscenter anchor 

I really like Rich Eisen. I thought he was great on their morning show and when he left I was disappointed. Granted then AT&T dropped their contract with NFLN, so I wasn’t able to watch anyways. 😒 disappointment all around lol

I’ll watch his YouTube clips every now and then! I liked his chemistry with all the guys especially around draft time. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GW21 said:

lol. So just today we went from 'No way they are trading him' to 'There is a good chance he gets moved'. What a time we live in. 

I haven't listened to the DJ interview to develop any context as of yet, but he's really the only guy who has said that over the last couple of days. King was largely non committal, but Breer and Fowler seem to think it's unlikely. I think it's just about where you fall on the "will someone actually give up what it will take to get him". They all agree that he's out there despite the niners not wanting to trade him. 

I assume that DJ just thinks someone is going to be come close enough to meeting the required asking price while guys like Breer simply don't. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I actually value what DJ says because he's involved closely to the draft and obviously Deebo impacts a lot of things.

All this means is that they have gotten better offers in the last 24 or so hours and a deal can be made.

I hope he does not get moved but the way this FO has handled this offseason, nothing will surprise me lol....Just terrible all around. 

Jeez just do it already! I’m getting tired of conflicting reports! Can we not just have a normal off-season! Lol…I thought during the end of our year/playoff run I was going to stress the **** out, but even when we aren’t playing they know how to get me lol. This FO doesn’t how to cut ties with people and it’s ridiculous. If your going to sign him, just do it already. Get rid of Jimmy while your at it. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Jeez just do it already! I’m getting tired of conflicting reports! Can we not just have a normal off-season! Lol…I thought during the end of our year/playoff run I was going to stress the **** out, but even when we aren’t playing they know how to get me lol. This FO doesn’t how to cut ties with people and it’s ridiculous. If your going to sign him, just do it already. Get rid of Jimmy while your at it. 

I mean, this sounds like it's on Deebo to me. Obviously we don't know what's going on I guess, but we certainly seem to be making it known that we aren't the one forcing him out. Maybe that's by design, who knows. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I actually value what DJ says because he's involved closely to the draft and obviously Deebo impacts a lot of things.

All this means is that they have gotten better offers in the last 24 or so hours and a deal can be made.

I hope he does not get moved but the way this FO has handled this offseason, nothing will surprise me lol....Just terrible all around. 

Let me get this straight: So despite the fact that Deebo won't talk to anyone about this and the fact that his agent also represents MClauren, DK and AJ, it is entirely our FO's fault?

Not getting that at all. 

3 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Let me get this straight: So despite the fact that Deebo won't talk to anyone about this and the fact that his agent also represents MClauren, DK and AJ, it is entirely our FO's fault?

Not getting that at all. 

He's speaking to their handling if the entire off season, not just Deebo (so like their handling of free agency, Jimmy G, etc)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Not getting that at all. 

Our  front office has done terrible this offseason…..from Jimmy G to handling Deebo ( if they went in with a lowball offer). I absolutely agree with J on this.

Edited by 9erFreak77

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's speaking to their handling if the entire off season, not just Deebo (so like their handling of free agency, Jimmy G, etc)

11 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

Our  front office has done terrible this offseason…..from Jimmy G to handling Deebo ( if they went in with a lowball offer). I absolutely agree with J on this.

I do realize that, but with Jimmy...well, Jimmy engineered an issue by delaying his surgery. Deebo? He ain't talking and that is more than half the problem. So, I say again: How is this the FO's fault?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I do realize that, but with Jimmy...well, Jimmy engineered an issue by delaying his surgery. Deebo? He ain't talking and that is more than half the problem. So, I say again: How is this the FO's fault?

Having Jimmy on our roster in my mind halted any other free agent signing……I didn’t care if he was traded or released lol and as for Deebo….i have a feeling our front office came in with a lowball offer that set this whole thing off.

On 4/24/2022 at 5:43 PM, straighthate said:

If he’s a niner I’ll root for him of course. But you act like judging him for the way he’s acting makes you not a “real fan”. He’s acting like a *****. Whether that means that this is the real Deebo or this behavior is uncharacteristic is yet to be seen. But the fact that people disagree with your stance doesn’t make it any less valid. 

I prefer high character guys on the team. Locker room guys. This kind of behavior divides the locker room and causes issues the next time someone else’s contract is due. Having a guy who is anti management is never good for the team. Sure, there’s a business side of it. But having a side show like this divides the team. 

It's humorous that we assume we know anything. Deebo demanding to be compensated appropriately based on market value, performance and the simple fact that he was the most dominant player on the team in 2 different offensive positions doesn't make him not a "high character guy." In one sentence you say that people disagreeing with your stance doesn't make it less valid....immediately after saying he is acting like a *****. If anyone's opinion on the matter matters it would be Deebo's. This 100% does not divide a locker room. Players are for players in sports and rightfully so. They want him to get paid because they know how quickly it can change. There isn't a guy in that locker room that has a qualm about how it is being handled and if there is they will never discuss it. This negotiation will have a very limited impact on future negotiations as well. Each negotiation is a different animal and virtually none of the variables are the same. Market value changes, productivity is different, teams needs are different, etc. The post couldn't be more wrong.

I would assume (and its completely that, an assumption on my part) that Paraag came in and offered under 20 mil to Deebo. Deebo is sitting back and watching guys like Christian Kirk get paid and knows he is a better player than them. He played through injury and was 47% of the offense or some crazy number in the postseason. If the Niners low balled him that is on them. They are well known for thinking they are the smartest guy in the room so this really shouldnt be a shock to any of us. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chrissooner49er said:

They definitely overplayed their hand with Jimmy. How detrimental that has been in actuality is up for debate, but Lynch admitted that they couldn't do as many things as possible because he was still on the roster.  The team has lost their starting LG and appears poised to lose their starting C to retirement with no clear cut ready to go replacement for either. The RG situation has yet to be improved and Brunskill was pretty bad last year and he seems to be the answer for the time being.  Maybe Banks and Moore are the answer but you can't expect the fanbase to feel that way after their rookie seasons. They have not made any sort of move at the safety position either. 

Now we have a deebo situation and we can't really say who that is on so we are at a point where we may very well lose a pro bowl LG, pro bowl C, all pro receiver, long time starting C, etc etc. Optically it looks baaaaaaaaaaaaad. 

Ultimately, the off season hasn't played out yet completely so I don't think you can praise or condemn it yet.

• Like 3

Just now, clarkfn2284 said:

It's humorous that we assume we know anything. Deebo demanding to be compensated appropriately based on market value, performance and the simple fact that he was the most dominant player on the team in 2 different offensive positions doesn't make him not a "high character guy." In one sentence you say that people disagreeing with your stance doesn't make it less valid....immediately after saying he is acting like a *****. If anyone's opinion on the matter matters it would be Deebo's. This 100% does not divide a locker room. Players are for players in sports and rightfully so. They want him to get paid because they know how quickly it can change. There isn't a guy in that locker room that has a qualm about how it is being handled and if there is they will never discuss it. This negotiation will have a very limited impact on future negotiations as well. Each negotiation is a different animal and virtually none of the variables are the same. Market value changes, productivity is different, teams needs are different, etc. The post couldn't be more wrong.

I would assume (and its completely that, an assumption on my part) that Paraag came in and offered under 20 mil to Deebo. Deebo is sitting back and watching guys like Christian Kirk get paid and knows he is a better player than them. He played through injury and was 47% of the offense or some crazy number in the postseason. If the Niners low balled him that is on them. They are well known for thinking they are the smartest guy in the room so this really shouldnt be a shock to any of us. 

Hey! Welcome back, Clark! 

17 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

Having Jimmy on our roster in my mind halted any other free agent signing……I didn’t care if he was traded or released lol and as for Deebo….i have a feeling our front office came in with a lowball offer that set this whole thing off.

Perhaps they did. But this is a process of compromise. For him to behave like this instead of participate in the process of give and take is rather immature. 

And yes, I do realize it is all conjecture and assumption. We don't know enough. We are also not likely to learn much more. This is my perception of the situation.