49ers WR Deebo Samuel requests trade

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Torn between my desire to keep Deebo so that we can be the best team we can possibly be and not being as bored during the draft, not gonna lie

Two days in April 

VS 

Four Sundays in December, four Sundays in January, and one in February

Seems like an easy choice for me. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Torn between my desire to keep Deebo so that we can be the best team we can possibly be and not being as bored during the draft, not gonna lie

😆 I feel this but my kids have open house so I'm going to miss half of the first day. So it works out for me. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, N4L said:

Two days in April 

VS 

Four Sundays in December, four Sundays in January, and one in February

Seems like an easy choice for me. 

Yeah, I really like the draft. 

Get me some picks!!!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Doubt I'll even watch the draft this year. First time in a long time that's happened.

I used to be so into the draft. Would order pizza and make a day/weekend of it, especially when it was Saturday & Sunday. I'd say it peaked around 2009-2011 

Last few years i just tune whenever the Niners were about to pick, mostly tune it out or leave in the background otherwise

Last year was an exception because of the QB mystery. 

This year, i'm right there with you. I'll do my own thing this weekend and just check occasionally to see who we picked 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Doubt I'll even watch the draft this year. First time in a long time that's happened.

The first round is kind of meh, to be honest. The fanfare is a bigger detriment to the entertainment for me. 

Love days two and three though. 

Still miss the two day weekend spectacular set up

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

The first round is kind of meh, to be honest. The fanfare is a bigger detriment to the entertainment for me. 

Day one usually is kind of meh yeah. Too much hype too little pick. Love day two. Love day three for the most part but coverage usually goes down the drain quickly for me. Allthough i spend so little time on this draft compared to the past few years. So will be pretty blank for the most part this year.

12 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I used to be so into the draft. Would order pizza and make a day/weekend of it, especially when it was Saturday & Sunday. I'd say it peaked around 2009-2011 

Last few years i just tune whenever the Niners were about to pick, mostly tune it out or leave in the background otherwise

Last year was an exception because of the QB mystery. 

This year, i'm right there with you. I'll do my own thing this weekend and just check occasionally to see who we picked 

Oh ya lol…..Saturday draft was the best! 
id have my buddies over for pizza and beers as well…. and by the end of round 2 my wife would kick us out of the house because we were so drunk and loud lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I said comparable...that doesn't mean the exact same. It is similar but not the exact same. Which means, it is comparable. Gore was most of the O at the time of the negotiations. That large a percentage? No. But he was what made the O go. 

40% and 26% were the number for Frank Gore in both of his contract years as a Niner. If we wanted to stretch and say the 40% year is comparable, elaborate on how it is. Did he lead the team at multiple offensive positions? Was the contract year during a time that we saw the market for his position explode? In fact was this ever the case for him in any season? The answer is no. This negotiation is unique due to the mitigating circumstances from the individual, the most recent season, the market value, the way the league has changed and become a player friendly league ala the NBA etc. It's not even close to comparable and to place an expectation onto a player on how THEY should negotiate THEIR money at THEIR job for THEIR career is weird. Especially in a time where players are far more visible and far more willing to open themselves to fans. You are claiming the negotiations are comparable when we cant even say the era is the comparable.

26 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If the Lions add in a 3rd rounder or 2023 2nd rounder???

Pretty sure that's not a real thing. I think that they are just commenting on a previous statement by Rap to guestimate what the return would be. Rap  said that the previous two receiver trades were made at a price point of around the 13th pick overall. Green Bay got 1150 points from the first and second rounder they received which is the 13th pick on the trade value chart. KC got 29 (640) + 50 (400) + I think  121 (52). Total there is 1092, plus they got 4th and 6th round picks next year which would be roughly equivalent to another 55 points, so 1047, right in line with #13. The Jets offered slightly more than that - #35 (550) + #38 (520) + 69 - 103 (157) for a total of 1227 which is between the 11th and 12th picks. 

I think the Niners want more than that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I'll still watch night 1 even if we don't end up picking(via a Deebo trade, which I don't want), so we'll see. Usually I'm anxious, impatient about the draft, this year kinda sucks, no 1st, don't pick till 61.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Same, I miss the 2 day weekend draft, hate 3 days, but I love days 2 & 3 most, round 1 makes me nervous as hell.

• Like 3